Sign in to follow this  
Chaffin

Any way to upgrade to supporter addition?

Hello Forum,

I was just wondering if I can upgrade from Arma 3 Beta to the Arma 3 Beta Supported Edition. I don't really feel like buying the game all over again so if you are able to upgrade that would be great!

Sure buy the supporter edition. If you truly want to support BIS you won't have a problem with buying the game twice. :) Heck, I bought like 4 copies of ArmA and ArmA2.

I thought if you buy the arma 3 beta that you will automatically get the full retail version when it comes out.... is this not true?

I thought if you buy the arma 3 beta that you will automatically get the full retail version when it comes out.... is this not true?

That is correct

If you payed money, you own the full game. That's what you payed for. Access to the Alpha/Beta phases was/is a perk for buying in early, not to mention the lower price.

The Supporter Edition has a lot of extra features though, more than just the game.

The Supporter Edition has a lot of extra features though, more than just the game.

Very true, but it sounded like the OP was just looking to ensure he had the full game.

Sure buy the supporter edition. If you truly want to support BIS you won't have a problem with buying the game twice. :) Heck, I bought like 4 copies of ArmA and ArmA2.

I agree, I bought multiple copies of Arma 2 and the expansions, and probably will with Arma 3, not for myself, but to share the awesomeness with my pals

I ended up doing the same, but mostly it was first I got it on Steam and Steam sucked, so I got DVDs. Then I lost my disk and bought another one. Then expansions came out and I bought the ArmA X bundle thingie. Now I got a spare of that from the supporter edition. So much BIS!

In reply of your question: no, unfortunatly it's not possible to upgrade from standard edition to supporter edition.

In reply of your question: no, unfortunatly it's not possible to upgrade from standard edition to supporter edition.

Yep, that's not a wise economical choice IMHO, and the upgrade should be possible at least until the game is released, and maybe after.