Sign in to follow this  
Cane

Water

I don't know if it's possible but Bistudio should finally implement the possibility to swim or even more to dive. I know that the surrounding sea is a sthl. like a boundary, but it would give the whole game a new tactical componente.

no they cant because the water in ofp doesnt have any water like properties, besides having vehicles float, if you look at the water its just a thin layer thats textured beneath it is just land, no blue deep water just land. the ofp engiine, (i dont think, can be altered to let any of this happen

Crap, that sucks, I was curious about this, too. I was going to make some COOL D-day maps with this game.

Crispy

Please, realize that OFP is done and we are fixing only bugs and adding only some little new things for your fun. We are not making new OFP.

you can make it look like someone is swimming though, somebody a while back amde a script to make it look like a black op was swimming

If you can not make people swin.... How about if you do happen to make new islands (for an add-on) maybe try adding a a large swamp with the water being only a few centimetres deep...and maybe be a cave or two...

What do you mean.. "We are not making a new OFP".. I hope you are only talking about this game version... I hope this game has been a big enough hit to warrant a sequel....please... THX BIS

yah i think they should play around with island hopping because an invasion from air would be SWEET! and streams ponds and lakes waterfalls rapids deep, shallow waters

and you could call this versoin Operation Flashpoint: Civilan life befor the war..... or somthing like that and have riots and partys, clubs and pubs then start the war and have a civilean be a merconary or something. and al operation flashpoint needs is some go quality endless internet server so anybody can join kinda like half life and WWII online switching maps only when someone wins. how about Operation Flashpoint: Operation World Domanation if you charged like 5$ or 10$ a month for your server yould start making more money like id play..... most of my pals would play.... everybody would probably payhow ever much that is in pounds yen whatever marks biggrin.gif

might be possibel if you have enought knowledge and acess of the game engine ;-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (medvidek @ Nov. 08 2001,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Please, realize that OFP is done and we are fixing only bugs and adding only some little new things for your fun. We are not making new OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Is there plans to make a OFP 2confused.gif?

Where some of the thing that the current engine cant do will be possible???

Wll I do hope an OPF 2 is in the works as although OPF is good at what it does, its has several limits.

I suspect the military version has many of the upgrades suggested below as otherwise it would not be suitable for them (at least I wouldn't find it suitable).

I would hope OFP 2 would have the following:

Increased Map Sizes (or linked maps, in mission)

Water Effects (Swimming, Rivers etc..)

Multiple weapons on vehicles

Also it would be wise to allow import of the original OFP models but with enhanced cpp files so that a lot of the work being carried out for original OFP is not lost.

They could go down same line as fs2002, a standard edition, and a more expensive edition with editing tools.

what about just along the surface you have animation of you guy doin freestlye and u can turn left right but not side to side etc

Why isn´t it be possible to make that a soldier in the water wouldn´t die?

It doesn´t matter if you couldn´t dive, but that you die, if you get out of a boat and wanted to swim to the land is not nice.

Please BI fix this and make us happy even in OfP1 smile.gif .

nik

I know that is already been asked before but anyway I'll ask again. Creeks or swamp would be better...like when going in it with a soldier, it will slow you down like when you walk when pressing de num pad 0 smile.gif )... you can't drown cause you're not gettin water over head.. truck like hummer could pass through without exploding and well I think the ambience would be better... sorry if you don t understand me but I've just woke up and me eyes still closed smile.gif

see ya !