Sign in to follow this  
Cr4z33

I see no Comanche: Am I missing something?

It was to my understanding that the Comanche is now included in the Beta, but once Steam updated the game from Alpha to Beta (Dev version) and I joined the Helicopters showcase I found the KA-66 only.

Am I missing something? :confused:

You aren't missing any content, the helicopter showcase may not have been updated since the beta release. Navigate to the editor and place one down, note that it's not under the 'RAH-66' title.

The helicopters are included in the mission editor, but not in the missions. The missions remain unchanged. The Comanche is under the moniker 'RAH-99 Blackfoot'.

You aren't missing any content, the helicopter showcase may not have been updated since the beta release. Navigate to the editor and place one down, note that it's not under the 'RAH-66' title.
The helicopters are included in the mission editor, but not in the missions. The missions remain unchanged. The Comanche is under the moniker 'RAH-99 Blackfoot'.

Aha that's why. :o

Thanks people!

Update:

Err... is there a guide somewhere?

I couldn't figure out how to 'insert' a Comanche or anything else in the Editor.

Edited by Cr4z33

Open the editor, double click on an area of the map, then choose from the drop down menus

Bluefor

Blue

Air

RAH-99 Blackfoot

Player as Pilot

It's the AH-99 Blackfoot, the Showcase will still use the former Ka-60 Kasatka (renamed PO-30 Orca in the Editor).

To place something in the Editor, double click somewhere on the map of Stratis (in "Streamlined" interface, with the topmost "single person" icon on the left-side bar), and it'll bring up Insert Unit. Pick the Side, the Faction (if there's more than one, i.e. if using mods), the Class, and then the Unit. In the case of the "Comanche", that's BLUFOR -> Blue -> Air -> AH-99 Blackfoot.

It will default as landed/on the ground if you place it on land, so if you want to start (Preview) with the aircraft already airborne then in the Special drop-down menu select "Flying", which will default to 50 meters' altitude unless you change that (using the Elevation field at the bottom, type in the desired starting altitude in meters; Azimuth changes bearing in degrees, which direction the front of the Blackfoot will be facing). This is, for example, if you might want to practice gunnery, in which case choose "Player as gunner" from the vehicle Control drop-down menu.

Edited by Chortles

If it doesnt work you can download an armory mal and just start that.

Gesendet von meinem XT890 mit Tapatalk 2

Thanks again everybody.

I found a Youtube HowTo video and it was easy indeed. ;)

PS: Is there no 'Thank You' button in this forum?

No. No thank you button. Typing a thank you means you meant it from the bottom of your heart :inlove:

Quick tip: after placing a unit whose Control is set to Player, you may then choose "Empty" from the Side drop-down menu (no Faction associated with this) and then from the "Air" class you may select the "AH-99 Blackfoot (Blue)", which is what you do if you want to place a AH-99 with no crew inside. Therefore, if you want to start with yourself and another character who you can command (i.e. pilot/gunner pair):

1. Place down a unit (i.e. BLUFOR -> Blue -> Men -> Helicopter Pilot)

2. Place down another unit nearby from the same faction and make sure that there's a (faint) line between them to indicate that they are a group with the first-placed unit as the group leader; setting this one's Control to "Playable as gunner, pilot" will let you swap between them using "team switch" (default keybind is U) during the mission.

3. Place down the empty AH-99 (Empty -> Air -> AH-99 Blackfoot (Blue))

4. Click Preview

This method (unlike merely placing down an AH-99) will let you start on the ground, order the other character to board (as a gunner or as a pilot) and swap roles by "team switching".

have fun with the editor. if you figure out how to use it, or at least the absic stuff, it is endless fun.

since the first arma game (operation flashpoint), the editor is the "game mode" i spend the most time in. it is really easy to learn and even more complex stuff can be done with few hours of reading tutorials.