Sign in to follow this  
da12thMonkey

RKSL - Eurofighter Typhoon V2.6

If you saw a Eurofighter Typhoon mod for Arma 3, it's NOT Rock's.

Please don't speak for me or the RKSL Team. There are actually several legit ways to use the RKSL Typhoon in ArmA3

Hello dear Rksl-team and many thanks for your nice addons!!

I ran into an issue while playin arma 3 with a friend.. as we like to play with them jets we thought we test out the refueling, since the eurofighter has an probe already.. ;b

It works all fine and dandy in the new engine btw, beautiful... just no flares :( Anyways.. to the fueling-part.. we wanted the nice F-18, wich is native to arma 3s engine already, to act as the tanker since they have a nice system with the service menue and "tanker-configuration". In the air i get the option to "refuel at buddy-pod" (F-18 with extended fuel-line) but although i have the probe extended on the eurofighter F-18 says "refueling probe must be extended". Now im interested in how its handled and if it is something wich could be incorporated into the other aircrafts to make them compatible.. so that the F-18 recognizes the eurofighters probe, as that would greatly enhance the usabillity of the features. Looking forward to some insights in this.. greetings, H4n.

To clarify the issue... im using the arma 2 one (AIA). And yeahh.. im not expecting it to be bug free.. but its a gorgeous addon and i thought maybe the fuel thing is an fixable issue, you know..?! ;B

Air-to-Air refueling - The problem is down to the F-18. The scripts uses very specific animation names to trigger features. The animation names are only present on the F-18. When the Typhoon was made (long before the F-18) we agreed to use Feint's Inflight refueling system. That uses a standard named selection to connect to either a boom or drogue & probe system. The issue is down to the way the F-18 script is written not our addon.

As for a Native ArmA3 version - now the tools are out and I have access to my main Workstation again it wont be long at all.

Hey now, I was talking about a "Native ArmA3 version" like you specified at the end, although I see/recognize now that H4nS0L0 was actually using AiA (hence the Arma 2 version of the Typhoon) and not one of the hacked-around versions I've seen... still, cool news to hear that "it wont be long at all" for the new version. :D

Yeah Rock... that was exactly the kinda information i hoped for! :D So i guess i try and reach the F-18 guys to maybe get them to unify the animation names.. erg. incorporate/make the feint-part workable with their addon. Worth a try, i think.

Nice to hear the native arma 3 part of the message.. if u need active testers... me and my friend would be honored to help n give feedback! ;b

Greetings, looking forward to your work as always. H4n

Hello,

is there any way to get a custom loadout?

Thanks in advance.

I love this mod and have been using it in arma 3. As part of a british unit I can't wait until it is fully imported into arma 3 and released. With working radar/lock confirm/ countermeasures/missile alert etc. When can we expect this?

I love this mod and have been using it in arma 3. As part of a british unit I can't wait until it is fully imported into arma 3 and released. With working radar/lock confirm/ countermeasures/missile alert etc. When can we expect this?

Check out the ArmA3 discussion thread

Any future update of Lynx pack ?

After the update on Puma should be more than welcome !

Any future update of Lynx pack ?

After the update on Puma should be more than welcome !

Not sure at the moment because i dont have ArmA2 and the tools installed on this machine anymore. I had to rebuild onto new hard drives and i lost all my install. I'm more interested in A3 at the moment simply because that was easier to reinstall after the rebuild. I need to have a discussion with the others and see what needs to be done on the version of the models i still have source for.