Sign in to follow this  
big_t

One Checkbox to Drastically change the Trolling Experience that is Arma 3

I am embarrassed to have to post this. I just assumed basic logic would set in and the devs would have implemented this long ago in the alpha.

Please give us a mute global checkbox.

I have never not once heard a piece of useful info uttered over global. That's not once in all my Arma 2 and 3 experience. I play mostly multiplayer.

All it GLobal chat seem to be used for is expressing butthurt, trolling, whining, or debuting someones new Dub step-willie nelson remix for all the world to hear.

"No prob Bro!! Just turn VON all the way down. " you say?

Now I can't hear useful side chat team info.

Faceplam, are you kidding me?

Implement mute global in the audio options please.

Hello there

I find it easier to mute any offending player from all channels. There can be useful info broadcast, it depends who you play with.

Rgds

LoK

Can't hurt to have this option, but i find that I want offenders muted at all times across all channels, we have that function.

Hello there

I find it easier to mute any offending player from all channels. There can be useful info broadcast, it depends who you play with.

Rgds

LoK

I know that many people play small 10 player coop missions with friends and that is awesome and some may say the way ARMA was meant to be played. In that case yes global is fun as you can broadcast to you whole army if need be.

However , with multiplayer utilizing more than one team, I don't see how talking between opposing teams is relevant , unless of course to troll or convey butthurt.

If you say sometimes there is useful info uttered over global please lay out a scenario for multiplayer where this could be true?

Sure there is admin messages but those can be read.

Fiddling with trying to find the offending player (or usually players) is a waste of time and effort as it seems to be a never ending task over a gaming session. I feel like I'm playing a side mission of "Whack-A-mole troll muting"

T

Edited by Big_T

Hello there,

I play on pub servers on the whole and have rarely had as many encounters with broadcasting players a you seem to have had! Global is great for organising things especially in a major mutli side game. If your regular server is infested with fools, perhaps its time to find a new one? Or at least contact the admin to make sure they are running it well.

Good luck with the Whack a mole :)

Rgds

LoK

Organizing what exactly? Are we talking about the same thing because I'm talking about Multiplayer PvP team vs team. I still don't get why opposing teams need to talk over global to each other, and have never heard any organizing happening, just trolling, or accidental, or accidental which usually starts off a wave of trolling.

compared to any other game out there global in arma3 is the best voice chat of whats out there... if someone is trolling its usually only 1-2 people... just mute them, it would be no different than muteing the global channel

compared to any other game out there global in arma3 is the best voice chat of whats out there... if someone is trolling its usually only 1-2 people... just mute them, it would be no different than muteing the global channel

Problem there is that if they have useful things to say in a context that makes sense for you, such as over direct, they can't get through to you, can they?

Honestly, global chat needs to be easily disabled on a server. It might not make sense to give players the option to disable it, but servers for sure. Better support for servers to control chat options would be really nice.

Last time I played Wasteland, some fucking idiot was giving his driver directions on global. In the same vehicle. There were THREE channels he could have used to avoid flooding everyone else with his stupid talking, but he chose the one that spams everyone.. I've seen similar stuff on side chat as well. Don't think I've ever really seen any of those used well except once or twice when Wasteland had a well organized side that was all working together.

Problem there is that if they have useful things to say in a context that makes sense for you, such as over direct, they can't get through to you, can they?

Honestly, global chat needs to be easily disabled on a server. It might not make sense to give players the option to disable it, but servers for sure. Better support for servers to control chat options would be really nice.

Last time I played Wasteland, some fucking idiot was giving his driver directions on global. In the same vehicle. There were THREE channels he could have used to avoid flooding everyone else with his stupid talking, but he chose the one that spams everyone.. I've seen similar stuff on side chat as well. Don't think I've ever really seen any of those used well except once or twice when Wasteland had a well organized side that was all working together.

You can already do that. using

disableChannels[]={0,1,2,6};

0 = Global

1 = Side

2 = Command

3 = Group

4 = Vehicle

5 = Direct

6 = System

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#disableChannels

Organizing what exactly? Are we talking about the same thing because I'm talking about Multiplayer PvP team vs team. I still don't get why opposing teams need to talk over global to each other, and have never heard any organizing happening, just trolling, or accidental, or accidental which usually starts off a wave of trolling.

Hello there

Again, Im sorry you're having issues with trolls, but I can only speak from my experience. Global coms are used on occasion, not often true, but they are used. Again it's an easy task to mute offenders unless the server is full of them and if so do you really want to be on that server?

Oh, im also referring to team PvP theres not much point talking to ai :)

Rgds

LoK