Sign in to follow this  
sic-disaster

Chance of classname changes from here on out?

So I was just wondering if there were still going to be any classname changes, because I would like to make some more missions for ArmA 3 (and update the ones I have already made that are now broken and can't even be opened up in the editor.)

I don't mind that the missions I already made have broken because I expected them to at some point, hence the reason they were pretty simple too. But how big is the chance any missions made during beta will be broken in the future?

So I was just wondering if there were still going to be any classname changes, because I would like to make some more missions for ArmA 3 (and update the ones I have already made that are now broken and can't even be opened up in the editor.)

I don't mind that the missions I already made have broken because I expected them to at some point, hence the reason they were pretty simple too. But how big is the chance any missions made during beta will be broken in the future?

To be honest I would expect the name change of a couple of items in the future. However, I wouldn't worry about it too much, there are already tools out there that you load up the SQF and it will auto change everything to the new class name for you. So there are things that will fix it if you need too. Unless you are planning on distributing the missions. That is a different issue.

Where would I be able to find that tool? And why would distributing the mission be a problem?

Easy answer YES. Nothing will be written in stone until final release.

However a lot of time, if not always, you will be able to Find/Replace the changes.

Excellent! Worked like a charm, though in one of the missions I kept getting an error with something-Galkin_F. Managed to work my way around it though by copying everything except for the area I knew those vehicles to be in, and pasted it into a new mission.

Honestly what you all should be doing is putting all your class names that are in alpha/beta into a file and define them to something you have control over so that your not replacing a bunch of class names in files, then when a update occurs your code only needs to be corrected in 1 file.