Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

Any large changes from the alpha?

Hello,

As I only have the Alpha Lite I am unable to compare the Alpha and Beta versions of the game. I am still on the fence about pre-ordering ArmA 3. If someone can answer these questions about the beta I would appreciate it:

- Are there any changes to the AI command menu (infantry) from the alpha?

- Are there any changes to the mission editor, such as a GUI (graphical user interface) for unit loadouts?

- Has grenade throwing been improved?

- Is there a GUI for mission pass/fail conditions in the editor?

- Has AI path finding been significantly improved? In the alpha the AI had great difficultly following me.

- Can we order the AI to throw grenades?

Any other notable changes introduced in the beta aside from scopes?

Thanks for your time.

no, no, no, no, maybe, no ;). Don't see anything else than addons(guns and vehicles) and scopes ;p... we got missile working on gunships(but without sound for now)

Hello,

As I only have the Alpha Lite I am unable to compare the Alpha and Beta versions of the game. I am still on the fence about pre-ordering ArmA 3. If someone can answer these questions about the beta I would appreciate it:

- Are there any changes to the mission editor, such as a GUI (graphical user interface) for unit loadouts?

- Has AI path finding been significantly improved? In the alpha the AI had great difficultly following me.

Thanks for your time.

1. not that i can see but everything is subject to change

2. that will be implemented later (:D)

3. it is being looked into

4. not really sure i am only messing around on the editor until i get some real arsenal to test

5. AI is very very good even on low settings ;) good luck

6. not that i can see

i would just order it before the price goes up tomorrow!!!

see you on the battlefield

no

will be done before beta runs out. see e3 videos

no

has always been since OFP. You can set simple conditions through the editor.

Never had that problem with Alpha AI.

No.

further optimizations and lighting system improvements that started during alpha phase.

Thanks for your time.

you're welcome.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll give it a second thought tonight.

Edit: Against my better judgement I bought the game. I am regretting it already. Modders in this community can't make a readme worth a damn as their instructions are wrong 50% of the time. What a pain in the ass making this game playable.

Edited by Flogger23m

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll give it a second thought tonight.

Edit: Against my better judgement I bought the game. I am regretting it already. Modders in this community can't make a readme worth a damn as their instructions are wrong 50% of the time. What a pain in the ass making this game playable.

I thought we were getting the bigger island, I was disappointed not getting it. They showed it during the live stream and stuff I thought it was coming with the beta.

....you mean you didn't pay attention to all the different times it was repeated that Altis was not ready yet, that they were saving it for the final release. This was repeated in several videos including the recent videos during E3, and I think they even mentioned it in the live stream at some point but I can't be sure on that.