Sign in to follow this  
Mansen

SCUBA Showcase - RPG No lock on chopper?

I just bought, downloaded and started going through the Showcases tonight - at the SCUBA one now and having some odd issues.

I've blown up the armoured car, looted an RPG from the burning corpses and gotten to safety for the big bang finale.

However - For some odd reason I am not able to get a lock on the patrolling helicopter at all. The patrol boat locks just fine. Is this a known issue or is something (new) up? :(

also take into effect the choppers movement so aim ahead of the chopper so the pilot will fly into his own death ;)

welcome to arma 3

Oh I see - I could have sworn the youtube videos I had watched afterwards made it look like it had heat seeking abilities. Thanks!

You just need AA missiles,i guess the rocketlauncher had Normal RPD missiles? you can find normal and AA with normal you can lock ground and with AA choppers and jets.

You say you've blown up the armoured car. It had all the AA missiles, so you might want to restart.

You say you've blown up the armoured car. It had all the AA missiles, so you might want to restart.

Actually lucky there are more missiles in the HQ building,on the roof...I couldn't get either the ones from the car or the roof to lock on to the chopper myself though.

I'm also having problems shooting down the chopper. I have a Titan missile launcher and Titan AA missile from the car, which is supposed to be a guided missile according to the Field Guide. I'm kneeling behind the shed and I sight in on the chopper and use my Target button. I get a positive lock-on and tone. Yet when I fire the missile it just shoots off in a straight line - doesn't even look like it's being led off by the flares the chopper dumps. I used artillery for distraction and silenced the guard at the car - I was able to make FOUR trips to the car to re-arm and shoot at the helicopter again before the enemy finally came back and took me out. I got off one shot another time before getting killed - same behavior of the missile giving me a lock-on then just firing straight like an RPG. Also shooting at the helicopter from behind as it moves away, it immediately dumps flares as soon as I launch. They can't see me, so I can only assume it's their lock warning telling them a missile is inbound - but again if I'm locked why isn't it seeking?

is this an issue or am I missing something? I read the Field Guide on using launch systems and pretty sure I got it right.

I'm also having problems shooting down the chopper. I have a Titan missile launcher and Titan AA missile from the car, which is supposed to be a guided missile according to the Field Guide. I'm kneeling behind the shed and I sight in on the chopper and use my Target button. I get a positive lock-on and tone. Yet when I fire the missile it just shoots off in a straight line - doesn't even look like it's being led off by the flares the chopper dumps. I used artillery for distraction and silenced the guard at the car - I was able to make FOUR trips to the car to re-arm and shoot at the helicopter again before the enemy finally came back and took me out. I got off one shot another time before getting killed - same behavior of the missile giving me a lock-on then just firing straight like an RPG. Also shooting at the helicopter from behind as it moves away, it immediately dumps flares as soon as I launch. They can't see me, so I can only assume it's their lock warning telling them a missile is inbound - but again if I'm locked why isn't it seeking?

is this an issue or am I missing something? I read the Field Guide on using launch systems and pretty sure I got it right.

You have to wait for it to finish seeking and locking on. There will be an orange circle on the left that looks like a "No smoking sign" once that dissapears and you still got the seeking circle green that's when you are fully locked in.

well crap that did it. The Field Guide said to look for the Diamond symbol on the scope to indicate a lock and the Diamond appears as soon as you target - it didn't mention the color of the diamond or the fact that it takes a few seconds to lock on.

Still - I should have realized a non-steady tone meant it was seeking a lock.

Thanks!