Sign in to follow this  
Klages

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

hi guys, i bought the game yesterday over steam. after download the game ran very well and i played for an hour or so, but as i tried to start the game a second time i received this error message: "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error." i looked up google and realised that it might have something to do with the harddrive, so i deleted the game and installed it on an other harddrive. sadly i got still the same error message. suspicious is that every time i check the file integrity from the game (on steam) there is one file that have to redownloaded no matter how often i run the check its always one little file that need to be redownloaded.

help would be neat because i cant find any solutions over google.

It's possible your ram is going and it's making bad writes, or your sata controller is going on your botherboard, I suppose. It does sound like a hardware problem, though.

Welcome to the forums for starters. Glad you joined this community.

Now what I can advise you on the spot is to re-download the whole game from Steam. As I understood you haven't yet at least. This might surely help since corrupted files due to downloads occurs quite often.

Now as for other hard-drive issues maybe you should try defragmanting your disc. If large files are copied and pasted in other locations there is a chance that a whole mess can occur. In that case your system will be slower and some games or other programs will just report different errors, such as dll files missing for instance.

For more specifics I will ask around and inform you ASAP.

Hope your problem is fixed.

Hope you have a wonderful TOH experience.

Can't wait to see you online!:cool:

i had the game first downloaded on my game hdd, i was able to play the installation for one hour without problems. after the second start which failed, i redownloaded the game from steam. this time i installed it on my ssd (should no defrag need), which now shows up the same problems as when it was installed on the hdd. i have also the arma series installed which start without any problems, also my pc is at least 6months old.

i agree with the hardware problem but i have no clue what it could be since all other games and applications running really well.

PC specs: intel i7-2700k@3.50Ghz, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx660, win8

In that case things become complicated. I have indeed asked around and what I found out was that this I/O device error is more directly an input/output device error. Since the other games and applications are all working alright then you must contact steam itself.

I would conclude that your hard disc is faulty but an SSD with so many other playable games, with many requirements, included I can not.

Now maybe your Windows 8 is a problem. In the requirements it doesn't include Windows 8. It should be compatible but maybe along with the other software it is not. It is far fetched but maybe...

Sorry for the delay.

Hope you solve your problem.

You might run a memory test overnight to try to exclude your ram.

The continual file dl could be AV , I have it with mcafee and steam update sometime

Actual problem I hope you sort buy memmory check .

I also noticed when I install on windows 8 TOH will install to the 64bit not x86 , I havr keft it thereand not had probs

Any updates? I am really interested to see how this concludes.:confused: