Sign in to follow this  
Blue1

Blue1 Server - Dedicated Teetime Warfare [reworked]

What you want most for next Version?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What you want most for next Version?

• Removed Crosshairs
    • More AI enemys
    • 3rd Person ON
    • 3rd Person OFF

@Marko: i will check the savegear stuff and try to reproduce what you've reported ASAP.

When i have last tried, i could take a Town with a Heli, just hovering over the Flag (35m radius, btw).

Enabling repairs for all - would make the Engineer obsolete - i'd like to see more organzied Squads/Groups playing their roles as needed.

i made some errors in grammar so you didn't understand me correctly

1. flying above town with heli should not activate Ais who defending that town inside it activation radius only land units should activate that, because its for performance sake(i guess, tell me if im wrong)...Me for example - every time i flyby pass the town i see AI units all over the place and they just siting there while im far away doing my stuff in heli.

2.Repairs- im not saying everyone should be able to fix car/vehicle to full health, (hull, engine, etc...) im just saying make script option to change broken tires (once per vehicle only), i guess there is spare tire on them soo...everyone can change tire, so why could not trained solider do that? :)

i played in arma2 only warfare missions, and spent many hours on that game mode and i can tell almost every edition of warfare got change broken tire option.

Yesterday evening at around 23:00 GMT i discovered two bugs/strange thinks:

- At the Blue Base FPS where only between 15-30 , the rest of the map was fine with my usual 40-60 FPS (7950@1 3750k@4.3)

- There was a massive spawn of ATV`s at antenne, a script cleaned them out (they exploded after some time); Perhaps prevent massive ATV spawn somehow

Blue, your player max of 60 is way too high...Your server can't really handle it very well. Just played on a fresh restart of the map and the game was playable but unpleasant. Your admin largo agreed as well.

i would like to report player Justman for TK on purpose heli full of people with grenade launcher(first 3 shoots he missed us), he is ruining gameplay and you don't want this guy on server, i advise ban.

*BUG BLUFOR helis are randomly exploding in air it happened to several of us tonight, not sure what is causing this. This issue is only on BLUE version of Teetimes.

Also, OPFOR base is giving them a distinct advantage in base capping in the beginning of the match. They are very close to 4 bases from the start of the match and BLUFOR is not only farther from objectives but they also have to drive over hills where OPFOR does not have to for the first 3 objectives. This is a big deal considering how slow the APCs are.

SOLUTION: Put OPFOR base in the beach just north of Camp Tempest in the Nisi Bay... 041 020.... This will even it out a bit via distance...which is huge in this small map.

*BUG: BLUFOR heli shop does not always work. (just found this after I posted this)

Edited by SpanishSurfer

Hi Guys,

@SpanishSurfer:

Blue, your player max of 60 is way too high...Your server can't really handle it very well. Just played on a fresh restart of the map and the game was playable but unpleasant. Your admin largo agreed as well.

excuse me, but ... LOL.:confused:

Server isn't anyhow at his capacitys. i could run 3 or 4 64 Player Servers and he wouldn't be in Trouble anyhow.

I also explained that to Largo and a few times in other Threads.

The ENGINE (the Game, the Server.exe, whatever) does not reset correctly after a MAP-Restart.

So you restart a round nearly with the same low SERVER-FPS as it was at the end.

Only a FULL restart of the ENGINE (the game, the server.exe) gives you full performance again. But that means all players dió have to reconnect again, sadly.

I want to RAISE - not drop Playercounts... as written here

Performance: yes - we all just can bug BIS on a daily base for finally do something about that ..i have cleanupscripts etc and stuff,...but,... yeah... As the server runs for 2hours - its getting "laggy" - no matter how many players are online.

"Funny" thing is - right after a complete restart of the armaserver.exe and 40 to 50 players connecting just at start of the server - the performance is still very very good (around 20server-fps or even more) but after some time,... it goes down like,...yeah,....u know...

KEEP ASKING BIS EVERYDAY TO FIX THAT - all of you that enjoy MP :(

Parachutes - AFAIK the Heli has to be under around 100km/h and in a correct Angle for the Jumpers not to die - in every Case: thats nothing i could fix. I made a dozen succesful jumps in the current version so i can say - it works if the Pilot knows how.

Headless Client: if you like, you can support / donate for a second Arma3 License and i will immediately start getting it to work.

But i will not buy a second License for something that i host for free - also i find that behaviour of BIS very "questionable" towards to the Mod/MP/Hoster-Scene...

if you want, see my "discussion" with Dwarden - read from here

Teambalancing - i already thought about that, but i assumed we all were able to see and read what team it would be fair to join.

Seems not :(

If you have / find a proper Script for that please tell me, currently i don't have time to do that myself.

BUGS: Randomly exploding Helis - i had that too but haven't found out what it causes. It'cant be a cleanupscript as they only affect unmanned vehicles. So either it could be a Hacker, or due to the "not showing correctly who shot the heli"-bug also a AA-Camper near mainbase.

Blufor Heli-Shop: i will have an eye on that.

Advantage: i don't think that i will change Locations of the Mainbases for Stratis anymore.

I think with good Teamplay, Blufor has a massive advantage with that Gunship at Start and should be able to compensate the "rangedifference" easily.

@MarkoCro:

i am still not sure what you mean, sry.

Independent(Green) AI are working the same as if you fly in as Blufor and want to take a Opfor base.

And that is about to attack every enemy that comes near to their assigned Town.

I don't want the AI "run after a Heli for 500m to next town".

But thats nothing that seems to have any big influence to Performance at all.

At Repairs: took it on the list but has no priority at the moment, as i said i'd like to see more organized Squads / more Teamplay.

@Tarabas: Crowded Bases, with lets say 10 people doing stuff like buying, running around, spawning cars of course have effect to your situational FPS.

Massive spawns of Vehicles: i know about that, but scripting another vehiclecheck just for - again - prevent dumb people to do dumb things.... nah, i don't want to be honest. Please tell me if you see something like that and its just a ban for anybody who did that.

90% of the actual scrips already only doing / checking / avoiding doing shit - i'd wish i wouldn't need them all

...that would raise performance too - but, as we all know... "too many as*holes - too little bullets" :(

thx again for feedback and best regards,

Blue

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:02 ----------

Oh, and i forgot something....

I am going on to improve, host and edit this Map as much and as long as i can!

BUT: if the Game/Engine itself doesn't fulfill my personalexpectations to a Multiplayergame in the Year 2013 - which means easily hosting PVP Servers for ATLEAST 64 (i'd like 128 Players) running smooth and stable - then im just going to quit and look for another Game to support/host etc.

Thats what i will decide some time after the Release, i guess.

Edited by Blue1

Hi Guys,

@SpanishSurfer:

excuse me, but ... LOL.:confused:

Server isn't anyhow at his capacitys. i could run 3 or 4 64 Player Servers and he wouldn't be in Trouble anyhow.

The ENGINE (the Game, the Server.exe, whatever) does not reset correctly after a MAP-Restart.

So you restart a round nearly with the same low SERVER-FPS as it was at the end.

Only a FULL restart of the ENGINE (the game, the server.exe) gives you full performance again. But that means all players dió have to reconnect again, sadly.

i confirm that, until server gets real restart to clear its memory we have good performance on start, but if only mission restart we have bad fps from beginning.

And i don't see issue if players need to connect again because server restart, thats normal and okay.

Would be great thing if you somehow implement (if can) auto-server-restart on mission end...

I'm just posting my observations and I noticed that when the player count was below 40 people the server ran a lot smoother.

@MarkoCRO, yes im working on it - but -its not a "real solution" to keep playercounts highafter one team won a round,...or!?

@SpanishSurfer:

Thats all you've got to say about my answers?

You noticed it as the server was running for a while - if you want, get in contact to me and i will proof it - just for you - that server-fps/performance can be fcking awesome even with 50+ players....

BUT ONLY if they connect right after server.exe-start (me starting the server new) and for around 1hour or something ....

repeat: i am (and now with some help) going to improve and exclude everything that could maybe cause longterm-problems on the mission!

BUT,... please kick a*s BIS everyday to improve fcking MP / Serverperformance on Engine- / Serverside. That is, sadly, nothing i can do about.

I don't doubt that it runs well, however it doesn't take long for the server FPS to decrease after an hour or so. I have noticed that other CTI servers keep it under 40 players and they all run with high FPS for hours. Maybe until BIS improves MP performance keep it under 40?

Parachutes - I know they work I was just commenting on the speeds that you die via bailing out, i think this is a BIS thing though.

Headless Client: I have read that users have gotten it to work with only 1 Arma copy so I don't think you'll need a 2nd copy. If I were you I would look into this, it could solve your server FPS problems. This was the primary factor that caused CTI servers in Arma 2 to drop in FPS.

Teambalancing - No script exists, it's been a long time request from users for years and no one has stepped up and created it. I could do the math formula for you if you'd like.

Advantage: i don't think that i will change Locations of the Mainbases for Stratis anymore.

I think with good Teamplay, Blufor has a massive advantage with that Gunship at Start and should be able to compensate the "rangedifference" easily.

I guess well agree to disagree, OPFOR has a distinct advantage with their location, the Ghosthawk with the miniguns is really not that effective as a weapons platform.

this behaviour reminds me of older windows-OS. while time passed by and programms where used, performance decreased permanently. I'm not into scripting and

programming at all, but by the way these fps-drops occure, I would suggest that there's a lot of data being logged of everything happening on the server. these

files may grow by time/ action-ratio, depending on what happens on the map by how many actors. the server might read this files for relevant info, but as they

ceep growing the time needed for that increases. the reason why there's no linear relation between playercount and server-performance is, although there is a

relation in general, that you may be finally depending on how much's happening on the server by time.

I hope BIS realize how important this part of the engine is for the future of the whole arma-series. the fact that bandwith and server-cpu-power are not being

pushed to their limits at all before performance decreases is a major weakness considering the importance of multiplayer-gaming nowadays. I totally agree with

you Blue, optimizing multithreading usage, amount of ram supported and network-performance should be priority to BIS!

Hi Spanishsurfer,

thanks again for your reply.

Most other CTI servers haven't that much features as my Mission has - i guess that is one point to the performance too.

But as i said, me and Fred41 are starting to "work over" everything that could improve Performance at the moment.

And if i go to 40 players "until BIS does something" - i can also stop/quit just right now doing anything. I just don't want to play with only 40 players :(

I promise, i've put a LOT of efforts, reading, trying and time into the HeadlessClient before i gave it up as i've got several confirmations that is only possible with a 2. license (also from a Developer, did you read the link i posted?).

Well of course, i'd be very happy to implement it or get it to work anyhow - so, if you find a source/"how-to" that i could have missed in the past months, or know somebody that is willing to help me in this case - please let me know :)

I am sure too, that fps will be better, but i don't want to buy another copy myself - so i would appreciate any support a lot!

oh, and to the Gunship: well manned it is a beast to cleanup & take a town in a few seconds, go try it out with a good pilot and 2 good gunners and maybe some passengers!

@Colonel:

Yes, absolutely right!

of Course its still beta and yaddyadda ;) but the usage of memory or the ressources that are needed for all the loggingstuff seem to decrease FPS also over a time. I just found another idea that i could test - as only max. 2GB are used per instance at the moment - i will try something like a RAMdisk for all that logging. I let you know how it went.

thanks and best regards,

Blue1

---------- Post added at 13:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 ----------

okay, installed complete game and stuff in a ramdisk now - server already up and running, lets see where it gets^^ =)

Feedback is, as always, much appreciated.

Edited by Blue1

I would suggest 48 players plus 2 extra players as soon as high command is availible, that would mean 6 squads á 4 players on each side plus future commander-slots. but there definitely needs to be a solution as soon as altis is released, regarding general mp-performance and high playercounts...

server crashed moment before, everything was okay, it didn't lag, fps was good, and then suddenly it just freeze and crashed.

Playtime was around 5 h, players- around 30 at time of crash.

i think overall performance increased after you upgraded server.

Hi Guys,

thanks to Fred41 - we will see a major Update regarding Performance to our beloved Map soon. ETA "this Week"!

Please join if you can as we are doing some statistics of Objects vs. Playercounts vs. Time the Round is lasting etc.

We're close to identify the FPS-dropping after some time, regardless how many players are online and Fred has also managed to get some important scriptchanges done.

We will test in Dev-Branch again and if no errors occur we will "silently" publish to Stable-Branch ("silently": if you have to download the map at joining, we made some changes ;) )!

And just to let you know: i am organizing a 128 player test-event

Goal: see what "eats up performance" and compare different maps. As this is a Test at all, several restarts can/will happen and i need a huge amount of players with a little time to rejoin ;)

thx and best regards!

Blue1

Hey Guys,

new version is up and running!

Due to a lot of changes (scripts,protectionstuff etc.) you maybe loose your gear at the moment if you die or get it overwritten by your choosen class after respawn/revive.

To fix that - just save it at the HQ vehicle with "save gear"-action after you have bought anything at the shop.

it seems we gained another few server-fps but we still need YOU to take statistics at higher playercounts.

Also it seems we've managed to find out which objects aren't cleanedup correctly and will optimize further.

Of course i will add the new Tanks to the currently optimized version (v6.8) after the update (who knows, maybe BIS changes classnames again^^) ...

cya

FPS are better, in base now the fps problem is fixed.

Gear is not saving correctly when i press the save button at base..Great mission btw. All Teetimes Mission are a lot of fun.

---------- Post added at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Edit: After some time fps are going down again..you loose your helmet when you die, all the nades are not saved only amoo and some gear

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 21:49 ----------

Edit 2: Left Server after FPS are under 30 , players are 84 now. unplayable in agua marina. Looks like BIS got the same shity server as in arma2, perhaps headless client can solve the problem some time..or just play small scal with 40 players..

Gear is not saving correctly when i press the save button at base..Great mission btw. All Teetimes Mission are a lot of fun.

fixed.

Edit: After some time fps are going down again..you loose your helmet when you die, all the nades are not saved only amoo and some gear

Helmet/Headgear: BETABUG (BIS, not me) - look Forum/Feedbacktracker for Reports and support it pls.

Nades should be fixed.

Edit 2: Left Server after FPS are under 30 , players are 84 now. unplayable in agua marina. Looks like BIS got the same shity server as in arma2, perhaps headless client can solve the problem some time..or just play small scal with 40 players..

correction: its 64 Players max.

And - i will not explain it anymore, because i am anyhow tired of it: YOUR PC-Performance has NEARLY nothing to do with SERVER-Performance!

Of course its somehow affected, but even high-end Monsterhardware isn't able to get many more FPS at Multiplayer, even if there are "only" 40 players! for detailled infos please search forum for "difference server-fps".

Scale to 40 player? NO WAY - i am going to add MORE, as Fred and i are still in optimizing, as much as possible.

Headless client: a Donation, for a additional Arma3 License would be much appreciated - if you want to donate one, pls contact me via PM for Paypaldetails.

But i will not buy another License myself, as i am already paying the server. (and no, it is impossible to setup a headlessclient, without a extra-license!)

If you or anyone else want to donate for it, i will add it.

fixed.

Helmet/Headgear: BETABUG (BIS, not me) - look Forum/Feedbacktracker for Reports and support it pls.

Nades should be fixed.

correction: its 64 Players max.

And - i will not explain it anymore, because i am anyhow tired of it: YOUR PC-Performance has NEARLY nothing to do with SERVER-Performance!

Of course its somehow affected, but even high-end Monsterhardware isn't able to get many more FPS at Multiplayer, even if there are "only" 40 players! for detailled infos please search forum for "difference server-fps".

There are other Teetimers Servers one France with 30 Players max: 60 FPS the whole mission; ANd a 48 Server - Never below 45 FPS with the same gfs settings (viedistance 1000 max, obdetails normal)

ok, just for you i will repeat what i've stated already in other threads (this one also):

I don't care what others Servers have. But i do have a lot more Features than them, right?!

And once again - the serverperformance doesn't affects CLIENTS- (that is your PC) Perfomance so extremely. And you cannot measure a servers performance at YOUR personal FPS.

but, YES of course: more players = the more powerful hardware is needed, each, for the client AND the Server (but more for the server) - and that is nothing i can change, as i am not the writer of the Gameengine.

Please realize that the so called Server-FPS is just a "Value" or indicator for the servers-performance and has nothing to do with "GPU rendered Frames per second" like you know it.

i am very satisfied with the latest changes and optimizations Fred41 achieved, and i am also sure, we will get some more SERVER-FPS tweaking in the next few weeks / capabilitys to raise the playercounts to 96 or maybe 128 Players soonTM (which is the goal of this whole mission).

just for example, before we started optimizations it was like

30 players reached only 15 to 20 Server-FPS...which is very bad, as the maximum Value can be 50 s-fps

Now we have, just right now in this very moment: 61 players and around 11 to 13 Server FPS!

As BIS says, 15 s-fps is called healthy and playable but 20 to 25 would be more fluid/better.

thx & best regards

Blue1

Edited by Blue1

right blue your mission is well optimized for a beta and for arma which is known as fps killer in battlers more then 40...You have way more features, right...more vehicels right..and more fun :)

i only hope bis can ( of course they cant, they only promise large scale battles and a 12km view distance is for false advertising only, no nasa comp can run it...) keep some of the large scale warfare advertising. i hate 30 FPS games, 55-60 all is smooth.

Played arma since OFP and i never play missions/mods/dayz with framedrops to 30 because my eyes bleed :)

Anyway its all up to BIS not to you Blue1. I am poor (all my money is in my hardwae:)) so i cant donate a HC, perhaps others can..

PS: Helmt is still missing after die;

AND pleassseeee(!) :eek: turn this 3rd Person off this is Arma, teamplay, pvp, not another easy mainstream look around the corners and camp shooter :) At least kill the crosshair..

And thanks for zhis great mission, perhaps we all can donate 1-2 € for a copy , i will, tell in this topic here when you do to, so i make it!

---------- Post added at 02:00 ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 ----------

right blue your mission is well optimized for a beta and for arma which is known as fps killer in battlers more then 40...You have way more features, right...more vehicels right..and more fun :)

i only hope bis can ( of course they cant, they only promise large scale battles and a 12km view distance is for false advertising only, no nasa comp can run it...) keep some of the large scale warfare advertising. i hate 30 FPS games, 55-60 all is smooth.

Played arma since OFP and i never play missions/mods/dayz with framedrops to 30 because my eyes bleed :)

Anyway its all up to BIS not to you Blue1. I am poor (all my money is in my hardwae:)) so i cant donate a HC, perhaps others can..

AND pleassseeee(!) :eek: turn this 3rd Person off this is Arma, teamplay, pvp, not another easy mainstream look around the corners and camp shooter :) At least kill the crosshair..

And thanks for zhis great mission, perhaps we all can donate 1-2 € for a copy , i will, tell in this topic here when you do to, so i make it!

so can fly choppers i heard and can ne gunner, Bad idea..more teamplay and pvp would ne better :-]

---------- Post added at 02:02 ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 ----------

Ai can fly i mean hard to type in Thies Forum Witz a Smartphone

Edited by tarabas666

ai can fly choppers i heard and can ne a gunner, Bad idea..more teamplay and pvp would ne better :-]

---------- Post added at 02:05 ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 ----------

Wie this Forum bugged Witz smartphones i just type ins post

Nice with the quick update, but is it intended that there only spawn a free 'tank' and you are not being able to buy any at the vehicle shop? Or have i missed something?

The optimizing gives more frames! - Keep up the good work.

/sEi

Edited by sEi
typo

Hi,

yes, you are right - we all hope for BIS finally doing something,...

Helmet: still a BETAGBUG (from BIS, not from my mission AFAIK)

Donations: everyone who wants to - just contact me here via PM for details, thank you!

3rd person, Crosshairs etc: as written here already

@tarabas - as soon as im finished with optimizing as much as i /we (thx fred41!!!) can do on our side, i will host more servers to match other ppls needs: 1 regular day, 1 regular night, 1 veteran day, 1 veteran night.

Veteran will have no Crosshairs, no 3rd Person and such things,... but pls give me some time to adjust the mission and optimizing stuff as good as possible before.

Veteran-Servers will also have the buyable-AI disabled then.

But you just have to wait until i think the mission is in a releaseable status, before i start hosting different instances/difficultygrades.

thx & cya