Sign in to follow this  
Blue1

Blue1 Server - Dedicated Teetime Warfare [reworked]

What you want most for next Version?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What you want most for next Version?

• Removed Crosshairs
    • More AI enemys
    • 3rd Person ON
    • 3rd Person OFF

*** Updated and cleaned up the first Post ***

@ sEI:

I really don't know ...i never expect so much trouble on the Weaponshop, it works in 99 of 100 times i get to it.

And if its not working i wait until there aren't so many players around or i try out stuff from another class (like the Hat, or some Ammo for example).

Remember to always have enough space in your inventorys and if you want to buy a rifle, for example, you have to remove your current rifle manually from your inventory first (drag it to the ground).

But i will take a look at it again ASAP.

For next versions i want to check out some more Security stuff....

And i am thinking about switching to DEV-Branch because of this annoying "Mission Failed - All players have died" Bug ... also it seems, the Parachutes are now working on DEV 0.71

best regards and thx again for your feedback!

hi blue1,

great mission and really appreciate your work, i find your mission very addictive and fun to play, enjoying it big time ;)

i hope u don't switch to dev branch because we players with normal version couldn't connect to your server anymore?? :/

Anyhow i would like to report few bugs, i wont include those bugs which people above me already reported...

-sometimes map locks out and cant zoom in and out and i lose my action menu, cant interact with anything.

-when i die and re spawn my gear is missing sometimes a few grenades and magazines, like i buy 3 magazines and deplete 2 of them and 1 still left i would spawn with only 1 magazine and not 3...

-i will report tomorrow more stuff, little bit tired right now... ;)

Best regards

Hey guys!

seems like i have finally fixed the shop "not enough money" bug now. have been testing for 1 hour now and everything seem to work.

It now shows "not enough money" only if you REALLY don't have enough ...

but after buying - it does not show your new accountvalue in the shop window anymore - instead it shows <null> ... but i will not take care of it, as it works for now and after you open the shop again, it shows correct moneyvalue.

@Marco - thanks for the feedback :) not sure about that Map-Bug - haven't occured to me. Please tell me when (and what u did before, everything could be usefull to reproduce) it happens again.

IF i switch to DEV of course everybody can still join - you just have to change your version in Steam (right click on Arma3 - options - betas - and switch to take part in beta) then it updates to "Dev-Version"

but for the moment, i am not going to switch as the mainbug ("mission failed") haven't occured so often (at least what i can say - or did it?)

I will check if that "gear disappearing" happens to me too and check if so. I think Magazines isn't so bad,..but if you respawn without Weapon or bought Titan-Launcher, it would be ..errr.. not funny XD

:butbut

Hey,

I have recently beeing banned from your Server for Hacking, while i was flying a Ghosthawk.

My Username is Robert please unbann me. Or text me in Steam: Mr_Caspari

@ marco - okay, had this bug now too - but i guess its not missionbug but betabug .......... sry

robert, what exactly did you do in that chopper? how fast have u been or what altitude u were?

thx

blue1, I got banned from your server tonight while descending at over 300km/hr from about 750m height after dropping skydivers with a ghosthawk

@ marco - okay, had this bug now too - but i guess its not missionbug but betabug .......... sry

robert, what exactly did you do in that chopper? how fast have u been or what altitude u were?

thx

I flew a Paradrop for some Guys (about 4), altitude was about 400-500m then i went to a Sturzflug (i know you,re german) and there the speed was about 400-535, didn,t watch it exactly i was wondering how fast a UH99 can get. Please Unbann, i wasn,t hacking and i f****** love your server..

Speedhacking-Detection was set to 500km/h - i have readjusted it before and unbanned people that were banned due to this.

thx

yeah i thought so, hope they fix it soon :)

Speedhacking-Detection was set to 500km/h - i have readjusted it before and unbanned people that were banned due to this.

So am I unbanned? Or what does that mean for me?

Edit: Saw that, Thank you.

blue1, first of all, you did such a great job rebuilding this mission! What was already good became so much better! Hope to see a version of this on Altis as soon as we all can get our hands on.

I want to report one bug, that is very anoying.

Sometimes i get some enemies on my base, and they keep shooting at us, and we cant kill them.

I was playing opp force yesterday.

Thx.

@blue1,

thanks for your work for reviving this great CTI game mode.

For me, CTI is a new experience (since i have spend some hours in domination, injurgency and yes wasteland and dayz :).

I like the balance of tactic, strategy and action in CTI.

My last evenings, i enjoyed CTI on your server and have to say, great work at all!!!

I hope that you still found the time to continue your development.

BTW: Introducing a steering for the number of spawned AI depending on current player count could help,

to reduce lags in high load situations. I mean that a high player number should result in less (server local) AI spawning,

to balance the overall load on server.

Hey Guys,

i decided to setup a second instance as server is "bored to death"^^ :)

Now we have a DEV v0.71 (actually without that annoying "Mission Failed - all users died"-Bug and Parachutes working for all Helis / Sides).

And also, back to the Roots, on Stablebranch v0.70 (sadly including that Bugs mentioned above - as long as BIS doesn't update Stablebranch).

b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png

b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png

If you need a Tutorial / How to switch to DEV Branch, see first Post of this Thread.

@ Fred: as long i have time i will work on that - i hope i will get it to a 128 Players soon (depends on BIS also^^) ...

@ spawned AI: while using you great Monitor i realized, that the Number of AI does NOT matter too much.

I have tests / screenshots of 300 AI or 50 AI ...both at 60 alive Players, with the same Server-FPS Values and little to no Desync/Lag.

I hope Ctuluh / Teetime / BierAig can get the Headless Client to work ASAP in their next releases - then the AI will play a even lesser role to Performance at all...

best regards,

Blue1

Edited by Blue1

... i hope i will get it to a 128 Players soon (depends on BIS also^^) ...

@Blue1, i'm really curious about it.

Seems i have to adapt ASM to display more then the current 50 players correctly :D

Hey Fred,

it shows more than 50 Players, but sometimes - mostly while running 2 Server instances it breaks up and shows crazy FPS (between 5 and 50000^^) which aren't the actual values (checked with #monitor).

But to be honest,... as "Beta" means usually, there will be only small changes to the CORE of the Game/Engine - i cannot believe that we will see 128 alive Players in Arma3 :(

Hey Blue1,

sent you a PM (in good old german :) to clear this FPS issue out.

Update v6.5

- ADDED GROUPMANAGEMENT - press U key to open Menu. Here you can invite, accept / decline, kick and leave -thx again to SKIF for the Help with testing and 404Deadbeat and 404-Clan for this great Scripts!

- as so many ppl asked me to raise the Prices for AA Missiles, i did now. Feedback always welcome!

- raised the Numbers of AI-Defenders (its around 200 now for all 17 Towns together)

Have Fun!

Version 6.6

- made some changes to improve performance (basically removing "distance-checks" and client/servertimesyncs)

last tests shows around 10-15 SERVER-FPS at 55 to 60 active Players

Version 6.7

- some changes in the Prices - especially for the Parachutes (its now 150$ only as u can use it only one time)

- Removed the AI-Defender-Buy-Option at Towns, as too many people abused it and spammed'em like hell...

- some Tweaks at CleanUp-Scripts

Had a test with "48Players only" to see how it works after a few hours - but still the same conclusion: no matter how many people are alive and playing, server-FPS drops massively after around 2 hours of playing ...

I really hope BIS will concentrate more on MP-Optimizations soon :(

Good Evening,

I just wanted to report a hacker on your server:

Name: Shit Pickle

UID: 76561198058953087

He was spawning Bombs at our Players Position, cheated a Vehicle in front of us, teleported us together and teleported himself 2 times to my position.

very nice mission, it just needs first person, cause 3rp is like chating for everyone and dont fits in an military simulation..

yeah and server fps was always bad in the arma series after some time playing. when to many objects must get synced (destroyd one f.e.) then arma breaks.

i dont believe this will be better in the full version..

i would like to see clear your gear option in red ammo box @ base, it will save time for people changing their gear. (clear only main weapon and its ammo but don't touch rest of gear like compass, map, etc...)

implement proper save gear option - today i run out of ammo and took one from dead enemy and next time i spawned i had my enemies gun (katiba?) instead mine (mk200).

towns don't activate by overflying them, activated only by land units, that option is very common on CTI mode.

enable for all people(slots) to do basic repairs - change damaged tires on vehicles

okay i made some suggestion here take your time and say what you think about it,

ty and keep up, you doin great :)

@Multivitamin - thx mate, banned him.

@tarabas - as soon as im finished with optimizing as much as i /we (thx fred41!!!) can do on our side, i will host more servers to match other ppls needs: 1 regular day, 1 regular night, 1 veteran day, 1 veteran night.

Veteran will have no Crosshairs, no 3rd Person and such things,... but pls give me some time to adjust the mission and optimizing stuff as good as possible before.

Performance: yes - we all just can bug BIS on a daily base for finally do something about that ..i have cleanupscripts etc and stuff,...but,... yeah... As the server runs for 2hours - its getting laggy - no matter how many players are online.

Funny thing is - right after a complete restart of the armaserver.exe and 40 to 50 players connecting just at start of the server - the performance is still very very good (around 20server-fps or more) but after some time,... it goes down like,...yeah,....u know...

KEEP ASKING BIS TO FIX THAT - all of you that enjoy MP :(

@Marko: i will check the savegear stuff and try to reproduce what you've reported ASAP.

When i have last tried, i could take a Town with a Heli, just hovering over the Flag (35m radius, btw).

Enabling repairs for all - would make the Engineer obsolete - i'd like to see more organzied Squads/Groups playing their roles as needed.

Thanks again for your feedback and best regards!!!

Cya

Blue1

Edited by Blue1

Blue, having fun with your mod, some suggestions: dead players/ai and empty vehicles disappear way too fast; 5 min for dead bodies and 10min for vehicles is a little better, or make it a server parameter. The speed hack keeps punishing me when flying the fast/expensive helis, I saw you fixed it but it's still buggy. Also, I saw that bailing from helis past 50km/h kills the player, this is very inaccurate. I've personally bailed from planes at 90-110 knots which is about 204 km/h (not sure if this is a BIS fault or Blue MOD fault).

Have you tried adjusting your mod so it will be able to use the headless client feature? This could be a very significant improvement to ai.

Last recommendation, create a team balancing script to keep teams even. It could be simple or use a formula to keep teams evenly matched, which doesn't always mean even players (This idea comes from years of playing matches where there are even teams but w/too many newbies on one team it can be very one sided). Besides checking to see which team is uneven and then forcing a player into the under manned team, it could check for team score. So for example, if both teams are uneven make the script check which team has the lower score and force the player to join the team with the lower score (Unless the winning team is very understaffed). EXAMPLE: Lets say OPFOR has 100pts more then BLUFOR, you could have the formula add 1 extra player to the loosing team for every 25pts behind they are, so BLUFOR would get a 4 player advantage with this formula. As BLUFOR catches up in score to OPFOR the extra player advantage would dwindle and eventually even out players on both sides.

I really think this would increase the challenge in your game mode for players.