Sign in to follow this  
killzone_kid

equalModRequired = 1;

Doesn't seem to work

I can have -mod=@mod1;@mod2; on the client and -mod=@mod1; on the server and join no problem. Any ideas?

Latest dev branch

equalModRequired has been considered obsolete ever since addon signatures were introduced, so it's possible that they removed the functionality.

Why do you want to use it? :)

may be unrelated but nevertheless wrong:

no trailing slash in the modline!

it is a separator, not to end a statement or something

I think he got this wrong with verifySignatures..

But the topiic itself seems interesting to me. Is there any alternative to 'equalmodrequired' to, let´s say, require a specific mod on the Server otherwise you´ll get kicked?!

short: no. sig system is a whitelist system - allowed list/can have

workaround: serverside addon that checks cfgPatches list of a client and makes him unable to play if requirements are not met.

doable but advanced to realize and ugly to keep up-to-date (unless you stick to a small list)

equalModRequired has been considered obsolete ever since addon signatures were introduced, so it's possible that they removed the functionality.

Why do you want to use it? :)

It hasn't been removed. All it checks now is that the server and client are the same version and shows red dot against the server that hasn't been updated.

By default Arma looks for extension in a directory of the starting from the last added mod. This might explain it better http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?156140-callExtension-file-search-problem!&p=2407625&viewfull=1#post2407625

;2408118']may be unrelated but nevertheless wrong:

no trailing slash in the modline!

it is a separator' date=' not to end a statement or something[/quote']

Makes no difference, tested.

I think he got this wrong with verifySignatures..

You think?

;2408133']short: no. sig system is a whitelist system - allowed list/can have

workaround: serverside addon that checks cfgPatches list of a client and makes him unable to play if requirements are not met.

doable but advanced to realize and ugly to keep up-to-date (unless you stick to a small list)

When you add another mod in -mods it tells Arma there is another dir to consider before even adding a proper addon into this dir. It will already look for extension in this dir.

Anyway I tried so many things yesterday and hit a wall. Think I will give A3 a rest until there are news about improved security instead of updated textures. See ya all later.

Read the CIT tickets on callExtension, BIKI page and forum discussion on security.

There is currently none for it besides user to be careful what to use.

This is obviously a very lacking system, but thats arma (modding) in many many ways.

Depending on your setup you can also add items, etc to the mission file(s) which will then boot players who don't have those mods loaded. ie: for ACE there is a 'Require ACE' module that you can plop down in the editor (same with CBA). Or if you have say unit addons put down one of those units in your mission in editor with 0% prob of presence.

Again not the best solution but a possibility....

You think?

Yes, I think...

if you want to get kicked because you are using mod2, then you need to delete the Bikey of Mod2, add the Bikey of Mod1 on the Server and have verifySignatures=2 enabled!

That´s how I do it...

Hammerballz you are not understanding the problem. It is about dlls.

Either learn more about the actual topic first or better not comment this one.

;2408825']Hammerballz you are not understanding the problem. It is about dlls.

Either learn more about the actual topic first or better not comment this one.

Whoops. Did not see that callExtension Hyperlink! That´s why I "guessed" he was talking about something different. Shame on me...