Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Non-usable inventory items

There should be some inventory items like the "evidence" or "dogtag" from Arma 2 (might be a data-stick or CD or something modernish in A3). They are quite useful as mission objectives (loot something from an enemy officer or sth like that). I know, it can be achieved by addon-free scripting but having some of those items in the vanilla version is the world-wide easiest and most compatible way. Surely I don't want to use an user-made-addon for such items (making it incompatible to 99% all Arma-versions out there).

As I've suggested before, some of these non-usable inventory items might be stackable (using one slot only), such as for money. With a small amount-overlay in that inventory square.

but having some of those items in the vanilla version is the world-wide easiest and most compatible way.

And also much more atmospheric. Maybe (hopefully) there'll be some from the game's own campaign.

I can see stuff like this being nice to have in missions like Wasteland.

Dog tags can be trophy's to show who and how many people you've killed and it would just be more immersive to have money as an actual item in your inventory.

And disks, usb drives, or files can be used in missions where you would have to gather intel.

The possible applications are endless

I can see stuff like this being nice to have in missions like Wasteland.

Dog tags can be trophy's to show who and how many people you've killed and it would just be more immersive to have money as an actual item in your inventory.

And disks, usb drives, or files can be used in missions where you would have to gather intel.

The possible applications are endless

Though Wasteland is just another (team)deathmatch gamemode that wipes your "character" after you log out.

Beans... ;)

...but seriously...

There were items such as a Map & Laptop in ARMA2. I'm sure there'll be a few in ARMA3.

Vladiman: Oh god not trophy tags FPDR This isn't BF3 man

Edited by EDcase