Sign in to follow this  
squidraider

[CO-03] Overwatch

overwatch.png

A small group of soldiers have been cut off from the rest of the NATO forces. Fight your way through Agia Marina and steal a boat to escape! This mission is designed for up to 3 players.

I mainly put it together because there aren't a HUGE number of missions for smaller groups

Mission Requirements

===================

At least ARMA 3 Alpha v0.59.105679 (Developer build)

Installation Instructions

=================

Copy CO-03_Overwatch.Stratis.pbo and overwatch_ca.paa to your \steamapps\common\arma 3\MPMissions folder.

Credit

=====

Giallustio for his =BTC= Revive script on the revive version of the mission.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18955

Download

=======

Armaholic (No revive)

My personal server (No revive)

Added a version using revive (not respawn)

My personal server (Revive)

Edited by Squidraider
Added Armaholic link

Thanks for making this. What is the respawn/revive type in the mission?

@cvirtuoso, I've only tested it on .59, it uses the new ghillie models that were added recently. If they were in .58 then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

@Variable, There's no respawn. Is there a way to let players revive each other? Because that'd be pretty sweet...

EDIT: Just had a google and found this. I'll have a crack at incorporating it as it'd help the team feel more like a team.

Edited by Squidraider

@Variable, There's no respawn. Is there a way to let players revive each other? Because that'd be pretty sweet...

Variable won't like that, though I will. :)

Unfortunately, I play the 'stable' build, not the developmental version. Then again, most missions end up broken in one way or another, so I might try it anyway.

Bill

Bill's right. We like it completely without respawnvive...

I haven't played a massive amount of ARMA yet, so I'm more going by what seems cool to me than what works. The script looks pretty drag and drop so it shouldn't be hard to maintain a revive and a norevive version.

I've played one mission (I think it was Ghost Commander, though I'm not positive) where you could set revive and respawn parameters at the start of the mission (not just on or off, but how many respawns you wanted to allow).

I don't know how difficult that is, but it was really nice, because we all have different preferences. I play with Variable sometimes (no respawn ever), but I also play with a guy who wants unlimited, instant respawns. Me, I'm kind of in the middle. I prefer revives, because it still discourages death while you're waiting helplessly for someone to heal you, and a very limited number of respawns (since I often play co-op with just two people, and it's no fun for either of us to go on alone after one person is dead).

Of course, I can have fun playing Arma 3 many different ways, but I'm always a big fan of options. Why should my preferences dictate to everyone else? But then, I'm not a mission developer, either. :)

Bill

That sounds like a pretty decent idea... I finish University for the semester pretty soon so when I do I might sit down and work out how to go about implementing that.

How about a SP version with all characters playable? I really like the concept of the mission but MP is not really possible with my current connection.

With an SP version I could play the leader and change to the sniper whenever needed etc.

metalcraze - I'm not going to add a respawn button because that kinda defeats the point, I've added an optional revival script though.

SeiFe - I can't do a single player with revival in it but I can always enable AI when I get a chance.

I dont even want revivial, just a SP version (squad leader as player, other two guys playable). I dont like respawn and revival. :o