Sign in to follow this  
wuush

bad vehicle type after patch

I created a mission with the editor, which includes R3F French Weapon Pack, acre, cba, jayarmalib.

it worked fine and still does, but after the patch for the dev version i get the error "bad vehicle type" when i preview or start the mission. i can just close it and the mission seems to work fine.

But im still concerned and im not 100% sure if this error is related to the new patch, because i was editing when i restarted the game and the new patch was available.

I didnt add any new vehicles.

Edited by wuush

I seem to have the same problem. Have been editing a mission with already in-game vehicles, didn't change anything and updated the game and now, opening the mission in the editor or multiplayer causes that same error.

For fun i created a new mission and added all the vehicles in the game, and there was no error. Guess they have updated something with the vehicles that causes problems with vehicles that have been added before or something..Idk

Heard other people have the same problem, so if someone have an opinon on this matter, it would nice to hear:P

Have also been having problems with no sound on the M4 FHQ addon after the patch but i guess thats another thread..

I too, am experiencing the same. If anyone has any idea how to isolate the error in order to find out "which" vehicle type has been changed, please respond. Thanks

i think the modules are broken. i opened one of my missions and found that any of my skirmish modules were gone but any synchronization lines were just floating. i deleted them and the mission worked with one error. However, when we were playing through, there were no enemies at the "site" locations, only enemies i manually put in the mission.

Have exact the same issue.

After patching Arma 3 Alpha to version 0.58.105348, the skirmish module are gone.

All synchronized modules have a line ending in nothing.

Dynamic patrols, and dynamic spawn does not work any more.

Hope they will fix this one fast, for most of my own missions its a major problem.

In my case the site module as observation post was the source of the error.

Maybe BI added a vehicle, that should spawn there but it isnt in the files yet.

Anyway thanks never thought the SITE Module could cause a "bad vehicle type" error.

Edit: if you remove them and add them again, the site module will work again and the error will disappear.

Edited by wuush

I am having the same issue, the skirmish modules have disappeared and a Skirmish trigger is the only new thing there, and no explanation on how to use it. One of my mission used skirmish dynamic patrol and skirmish dynamic spawn, now they are no longer there, what is BI doing.