Sign in to follow this  
Ruud van Nistelrooy

Combat missions

Its been on Bravo for a while now and its pretty cool, for all those who don't know, they get special forces guys from all over america (Seals, CIA, Marines, SWAT etc...) and they all slug it out in real life kind of missions. Its pretty funny because the SEAL's are there thinking they're the best and the SWAT guys own them biggrin.gif There are also a few fights breaking out and stuff between the squads. Its pretty suprising because everyone is failing miserably in the missions and a lot are getting killed and you'd expect them to do a lot better, especially with the mission planning. Its a pretty cool show smile.gif

Oh its back on now? I really liked that show. And alot of the SWAT guys were pretty damn good. What time and when?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 25 2002,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh its back on now? I really liked that show. And alot of the SWAT guys were pretty damn good. What time and when?<span id='postcolor'>

well, its on Bravo from i think 7.30 GMT

Theres a few SWAT guys who kick ass smile.gif they aren't arrogent and they're more exciting and funny to watch cos they aren't used to blowing up tanks and 20 mile runs everyday

Is this the second season? Or has the first season only now made it overseas?

If it's the second then YEEha, loved that show, the first season was great, I won't spoil who won, but it was worth it to follow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lilwillie @ July 25 2002,23:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this the second season? Or has the first season only now made it overseas?

If it's the second then YEEha, loved that show, the first season was great, I won't spoil who won, but it was worth it to follow.<span id='postcolor'>

I got no idea what season it is, its the one with Scott Helveston pissing everyone off with his cheerleading biggrin.gif

Yes first season, Scott was a pissy pants threw the whole ordeal, and it cost him in my opinion.

Nice to see Rudy, the guy who played in the very first survivor get to show his stuff.

In my opinion SWAT guys have the advantage because they are using thier training every day of the week, serving warrants, survielance of possible suspects. Where the military boys get trained and trained and trained. Then wait and wait and wait for the time to strike, not very often we have conflicts where SEALS are used everyday, but SWAT officers its a daily ordeal. Physically the Military guys are better off, but experience wise I think SWATs got em beat.

Saw it once, thought it sucked, deleted the channel from my tv set Immediatly ...... the channel aired mostly loveboat reruns any way, that gopher guy gets on my nerves! Just a bunch of spec ops wannabees.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lilwillie @ July 26 2002,00:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes first season, Scott was a pissy pants threw the whole ordeal, and it cost him in my opinion.

Nice to see Rudy, the guy who played in the very first survivor get to show his stuff.

In my opinion SWAT guys have the advantage because they are using thier training every day of the week, serving warrants, survielance of possible suspects. Where the military boys get trained and trained and trained. Then wait and wait and wait for the time to strike, not very often we have conflicts where SEALS are used everyday, but SWAT officers its a daily ordeal. Physically the Military guys are better off, but experience wise I think SWATs got em beat.<span id='postcolor'>

I think the SEALs and all the military suck because they have their heads up their asses, they believe they're the best and thats it. Thats not a bad thing, but they're unwilling to listen to the SWAT guys, who seem to be better, i mean, look at that Jody Taylor guy, he gets like 7 kills every single mission, then look at Helveston, he gets none

Yeah the SWAT guys also lasted longer, the aisian Delta Force guy was out within a week or 2 I think. I dont remember if there were any other Delta Force on there.

Could someone explain to me what the concept of the show is? Is it just two teams going at eachother or what?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 26 2002,01:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah the SWAT guys also lasted longer, the aisian Delta Force guy was out within a week or 2 I think. I dont remember if there were any other Delta Force on there.<span id='postcolor'>

Its a Delta Force as a alternate member!?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ July 26 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could someone explain to me what the concept of the show is? Is it just two teams going at eachother or what?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. They get very experianced special forces guys from across america, SEALs, Delta force, Marine Recon, CIA and SWAT, and split all these into 4 squads. Every episode 2 of these go against each other in combat missions, thats like, rescuing a hostage, blowing up a tank, drug busts... These guys supposedly have years and years and years of experiance, and are all big, muscular and stuff

before then they have two contests, like physical contests such as big pugle sticks fights, and technical such as weapon construction. The winner get extra points. In the big mission they start out with like 1000 points (and some extra depending on the 2 exercises) and they get like, 50 points deducted for each man they lose, 5 deducted for every minute the mission lasts, and whether or not they complete the objective. They use real weapons but fake ammo and the miles laser tag system. They don't compete against each other, each squad takes turns against shadow squad, which are the terrorists/enemy. Its like counterstrike kind of.

The team that loses has to lose one man, either they vote him off or they draw swords (random), they then have to choose another guy to replace him.

A while into the series the teams can't replace lost members, and also have to compete against each other. The winning team get money, and i think that in the end, only 2 men will remain, and the one who wins out of them gets the grand prize and is the best.

I always liked this show. The last mission was pretty good but i wont spoil it for those who havent seen it yet.

Did they have any Rangers on there? I cant seem to remeber if they did or not.

Well that sounds kinda cool, to bad i cant watch it, we dont get that bravo channel where i live. sad.gif

Nope no Rangers that I recall, I dont know if rangers are considered special forces.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its a Delta Force as a alternate member!?!<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe I am reading that wrong but I dont understand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ July 25 2002,20:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ July 26 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could someone explain to me what the concept of the show is? Is it just two teams going at eachother or what?<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. They get very experianced special forces guys from across america, SEALs, Delta force, Marine Recon, CIA and SWAT, and split all these into 4 squads. Every episode 2 of these go against each other in combat missions, thats like, rescuing a hostage, blowing up a tank, drug busts... These guys supposedly have years and years and years of experiance, and are all big, muscular and stuff

before then they have two contests, like physical contests such as big pugle sticks fights, and technical such as weapon construction. The winner get extra points. In the big mission they start out with like 1000 points (and some extra depending on the 2 exercises) and they get like, 50 points deducted for each man they lose, 5 deducted for every minute the mission lasts, and whether or not they complete the objective. They use real weapons but fake ammo and the miles laser tag system. They don't compete against each other, each squad takes turns against shadow squad, which are the terrorists/enemy. Its like counterstrike kind of.

The team that loses has to lose one man, either they vote him off or they draw swords (random), they then have to choose another guy to replace him.

A while into the series the teams can't replace lost members, and also have to compete against each other. The winning team get money, and i think that in the end, only 2 men will remain, and the one who wins out of them gets the grand prize and is the best.<span id='postcolor'>

CIA... lol

Sounds like the missions types are favouring the SWAT teams, hostage rescue, blowing up a target, drug bust ... this is what SWAT trains for, and I'll put my money on SWAT every time.

Go into field combat (wide open areas) and SWAT will have to adapt quickly...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ July 29 2002,17:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Go into field combat (wide open areas) and SWAT will have to adapt quickly...<span id='postcolor'>

Oh hell ya. I mean they are used to CQB tatics. So being outside is a whole nother ball game for them.