Sign in to follow this  
mantls

Roadside IED Script

I did see the "working Demo" posted above but it was a .pbo file. I'm sorry but I dont' know how to extract a .pbo back out into regular files.

EDIT:

@Kylania - got it.. thank you very much :)

Edited by Zlin

Is there anyone left monitoring this mod?

And is there any possible way to make the explosion more damaging? Slammers and Marshall's laugh at these IEDs, or atleaste be able to damage/kill passengers/driver gunners and commanders.

what I'm asking is, is there anyway to make these more dangerous?

Thanks in advance

You could change the force. The script uses a random number from 0-99 to determine the force, higher the number more explosions go off. So maybe change the percentages it looks for or hard code it to 70 to always guarantee a large series of explosions.

Here's a working demo on dedi test mission Hajimoto made up. Functions weren't loading for the first guy in, so I moved them into preinit mode. Super sexy!

Hello i downloaded the demo a probe on editor but i cant see any functions for the first guy ?? ( nothing see on init soldier?). what im doing wrong?

Hello i downloaded the demo a probe on editor but i cant see any functions for the first guy ?? ( nothing see on init soldier?). what im doing wrong?

I am having a difficult time understanding your question/problem. In an attempt to better understand your issue, can you read through the following instructions/questions and offer responses?

What version number of ARMA3 are you running?

Are you approaching the junk/trash piles in walk mode (W+S keys default)?

When you are literally 1 meter from the pile and looking at it, roll your mouse wheel looking for DISARM as an option.

Are you checking all of the piles, as the script places decoy piles in an attempt to hide the IED. IE; if all trash piles are IED's the element of suspense and surprise is lost.

Let me know :)

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get some much needed help from Kylania on this IED script and it was determined that the script worked perfectly in preview but failed on a dedicated server. I have been very busy scripting on other fronts of my perpetual mission which is a heavily modified A&I AHOY World creation and have finally come back to the IED issue.

Is it possible that either Mantls and Kylania can look at this script again now that we are in the full release and offer some suggestions how to correct the issue of the DISARM option not showing on an IED (sometimes) yet when the player run away BOOM! I shared my full mission with Kylania back then so we could work through the issues but unfortunately Kylania's schedule has prevented him from looking at this issue.

If not, I would like to make a request to the community to either look at this one again or share a better script that randomly places IED's alongside roadways throughout the island with a marker placement variable allowing the designer.builder to have control where they are born.

Thanks guys!

the disarm function shows just fine,

but it blew in my face anyway ;) a mine detector/toolkit was missing from my inventory..

apart from that , to fill altis with IED's u need pretty much 22 markers and when I launch the mission I get undefined variables for every single placed IED something in the ied.sqf is going wrong.

but I threw away my .rpt so I cant say what is causing it but it shows undefined variable in <"marker name".

another question isn't it possible to put the marker names in a array so that the mission only have to call the script once for all the IED markers ?

when u place only one marker and adjust the range to let it fill Altis with lets say 120 IED's it cripples the game to a point u have to alt tab out and close it.

the disarm function shows just fine,

For clarification =KCT=BlackMamba, this was tested on a dedicated server? It runs perfectly local but as soon as I put it up on the dedicated server the DISARM option is fleeting. Out of 8 IED DISARM may show 4 times.

I am having a difficult time understanding your question/problem. In an attempt to better understand your issue, can you read through the following instructions/questions and offer responses?

What version number of ARMA3 are you running?

Are you approaching the junk/trash piles in walk mode (W+S keys default)?

When you are literally 1 meter from the pile and looking at it, roll your mouse wheel looking for DISARM as an option.

Are you checking all of the piles, as the script places decoy piles in an attempt to hide the IED. IE; if all trash piles are IED's the element of suspense and surprise is lost.

Let me know :)

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get some much needed help from Kylania on this IED script and it was determined that the script worked perfectly in preview but failed on a dedicated server. I have been very busy scripting on other fronts of my perpetual mission which is a heavily modified A&I AHOY World creation and have finally come back to the IED issue.

Is it possible that either Mantls and Kylania can look at this script again now that we are in the full release and offer some suggestions how to correct the issue of the DISARM option not showing on an IED (sometimes) yet when the player run away BOOM! I shared my full mission with Kylania back then so we could work through the issues but unfortunately Kylania's schedule has prevented him from looking at this issue.

If not, I would like to make a request to the community to either look at this one again or share a better script that randomly places IED's alongside roadways throughout the island with a marker placement variable allowing the designer.builder to have control where they are born.

Thanks guys!

Y

Your mission....

when I am editing I mostly do that in a LAN inviroment so I assume that it is still local.

I was answering to greenberet40 who could not see the disarm function ?.

Please note that the DEMO is not a mission per se. The VAS and ACRE entries are just left over code from a previous project and have zero effect on the script's ability to produce IED's.

The DEMO is simply a vehicle which allows a user to spawn, Slowly approach trash piles to determine if they are in fact IED's and disarm them, again as a DEMO of the IED script not a true mission.

The intent of my IED DEMO was to be used as a tool by the community to help Mantls (and ultimately me if it was fixed) to have a complete and functioning IED script. Again I ask the community, if you have another more efficient way to achieve the desired result, please assist.

Hi, would someone be able to help me please.

I have created a marker called center. I have a new folder called IED with the disarm.sqf and IED.sqf in them. My init.sqf has:

iedcounter = 0;

Disarm = {

_unit = _this select 0;

_b = _this select 1;

_unit addAction ["Disarm", "IED\Disarm.sqf", ( _b), 0, false, true, "", "(_target distance _this) < 3"];

};

removeAct = {

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit removeaction 0;

};

null = ["center", 1, 5, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

inside of it, but i keep getting this error message:

Sometimes an IED will spawn and work fine. Will blow up and i can disarm it fine. Other times nothing will spawn.

My Ied.sqf is like this;

// |--------------------------------------------|

// | Dynamic IED script by - Mantis and MAD_T - |

// | Version 2c - 12.6.2013 |

// | Check out TACO at www.nss-gamers.com |

// |--------------------------------------------|

// USAGE:

// 1. Create a Marker called "Center" somewhere on Map

// 2. Set Parameters in script.

// 3. Call it however you want (Init, trigger, addaction, etc...)

//

//

// NOTE: The more Roads in an area the higher the probability of IEDs spawning there.

//null = ["markername", amount, distance,side, cleanup(0 or 1)] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

if (!isserver) exitwith {};

_centermrk = _this select 0;

_center = getmarkerpos "center"; // Your Centerpoint

_counter = 0;

_amount = _this select 1; // Amount of IEDS on Map

_dist = _this select 2;

_check = _this select 4;

_side = _this select 3;

if (_check == 1) then {

while {_counter < _amount} do

{

_force = random 100;

_rdist = 5.75;

_list = _center nearRoads _dist;

_iedarray =["Land_GarbagePallet_F","Land_CanisterFuel_F","Land_GarbageWashingMachine_F","Land_JunkPile_F","Land_CanisterPlastic_F","Land_Tyres_F","Land_GarbageBags_F","Land_Wreck_Truck_F"]; // Objects used as IEDs

_iedtype = _iedarray select (floor random (count _iedarray));

_road = _list select (round random (count _list));

_roadDir = getDir _road;

_chance = random 100;

_newDir = _roadDir;

if (_chance < 50) then {_newDir = (_NewDir + 180)};

_dir = _newdir;

_pos = getpos _road;

_posx = _pos select 0;

_posy = _pos select 1;

_tx = (_posx + (_rdist * sin(_dir)));

_ty = (_posy + (_rdist * cos(_dir)));

_iedpos = [_tx,_ty,0];

Call compile format ['

ied_%1 = _iedtype createVehicle _iedpos;

ied_%1 setDir (random 360);

ied_%1 enableSimulation false;', iedcounter];

_junktype = _iedarray select (floor random (count _iedarray));

_road2 = _list select (round random (count _list));

while { _road2 == _road} do

{ _road2 = _list select (round random (count _list));

};

_pos = getpos _road2;

_posx2 = _pos select 0;

_posy2 = _pos select 0;

_tx2 = (_posx2 + (_rdist * sin(_dir)));

_ty2 = (_posy2 + (_rdist * cos(_dir)));

_junkpos = [_tx2,_ty2,0];

_junk = _junktype createVehicle _junkpos;

_junk setdir (random 360);

if (_force >= 0 && _force < 33) then {

call compile format ['

t_%1 = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", _iedpos];

t_%1 setTriggerArea [8,8,0,true];

t_%1 setTriggerActivation [_side,"PRESENT",false];

t_%1 setTriggerStatements ["this && {speed _x >= 4.8} foreach thislist && {((position _x) select 2) < 3} foreach thislist && (alive ied_%1)","""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2; deletevehicle ied_%1",""];

', iedcounter, _iedpos];

};

if (_force >= 33 && _force < 70) then {

call compile format ['

t_%1 setTriggerStatements ["this && {speed _x >= 4.8} foreach thislist && {((position _x) select 2) < 3} foreach thislist && (alive ied_%1)","""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2; deletevehicle ied_%1",""];

', iedcounter, _iedpos];

};

if (_force >= 70 && _force <= 100) then {

call compile format ['

t_%1 setTriggerStatements ["this && {speed _x >= 4.8} foreach thislist && {((position _x) select 2) < 3} foreach thislist && (alive ied_%1)","""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2;""M_Mo_82mm_AT_LG"" createVehicle %2; deletevehicle ied_%1",""];

', iedcounter, _iedpos];

};

call compile format ['

[[ied_%1, t_%1],"Disarm", true, true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

[[ied_%1, t_%1],"explosive", true, true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;', iedcounter];

call compile format [' // DEBUG! comment out for full Mission

bombmarker_%1 = createmarker ["bombmarker_%1", _iedpos];

"bombmarker_%1" setMarkerTypeLocal "hd_warning";

"bombmarker_%1" setMarkerColorLocal "ColorRed";

"bombmarker_%1" setMarkerTextLocal "bomb";', iedcounter];

_counter = _counter + 1;

iedcounter = iedcounter + 1;

};

};

if (_check == 0) then {

_counter = -1;

while {iedcounter != _counter} do

{

call compile format ['

deletevehicle t_%1;

deletevehicle ied_%1;

deletemarker "bombmarker_%1";', iedcounter];

iedcounter = iedcounter - 1;

};

_counter = 0;

iedcounter = 0;

};

I have set the radius small just so i can test it.

Any help would be great.

How do you use multiple markers? Or how do i stop IED's from spawning in my base.

I figure if i can use more than one marker i can just tweak them around so non spawn at the airfield which would be my base.

is this not working for dedicated servers? I have tried it but it just does not work on a dedicated for some reason. It does however work fine locally.

How do you use multiple markers? Or how do i stop IED's from spawning in my base.

I figure if i can use more than one marker i can just tweak them around so non spawn at the airfield which would be my base.

Simply add as many IED markers with unique names as needed, Example:

null = ["center", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

null = ["center1", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

null = ["center2", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

null = ["center3", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

Will fill 4 markers named center, center1, center2 and center3 each with 10 mines within a 500meter radius armed to kill BLUEFOR and will clean up after the explosion.

You will of course need to place markers with the names center, center1, center2 and center3, on the map which will be the center point of the radius.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

is this not working for dedicated servers? I have tried it but it just does not work on a dedicated for some reason. It does however work fine locally.

For some reason this script will not consistently produce IED's that present the user with a DISARM option. The user will have the Mine Detector in their inventory and slowly approach the trash pile and get no option... Then when he goes to run away BOOOM! I have asked for others to test and advise if they are experiencing the same issue. I have also requested that the modding / Scripting community look this over to see if they can improve or offer a better way to to achieve the goal of randomly placing IED's through the island alongside roadways that can be disarmed, so far........ Nothing! :)

Simply add as many IED markers with unique names as needed, Example:

null = ["center", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

null = ["center1", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

null = ["center2", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

null = ["center3", 10, 500, "WEST" , 1] execVM "IED\ied.sqf";

Will fill 4 markers named center, center1, center2 and center3 each with 10 mines within a 500meter radius armed to kill BLUEFOR and will clean up after the explosion.

You will of course need to place markers with the names center, center1, center2 and center3, on the map which will be the center point of the radius.

I have tried this and it only places IED's on the original "center" marker, not the other 4 i tried. I named them exactly as you have put, to test but still nothing. Do i need to add anything to the ied.sqf?

I have tried this and it only places IED's on the original "center" marker, not the other 4 i tried. I named them exactly as you have put, to test but still nothing. Do i need to add anything to the ied.sqf?

The only added script is in the init.sqf that defines the IED markers. What are you using as a marker? Copy the marker called CENTER and paste it and then rename it center1 to see if that works.... The multiple markers have always worked for me. Are you testing this locally or on a dedicated server?

The only added script is in the init.sqf that defines the IED markers. What are you using as a marker? Copy the marker called CENTER and paste it and then rename it center1 to see if that works.... The multiple markers have always worked for me. Are you testing this locally or on a dedicated server?

I'm testing on local as i don't have a dedi to use. I'm just using a default marker, exactly the same as the first center. I just can't think why it isn't working. :(

I'm testing on local as i don't have a dedi to use. I'm just using a default marker, exactly the same as the first center. I just can't think why it isn't working. :(

The only other thing i can offer you is to share your mission script with me and i will review to see where things may be going wrong for you.

Hello,

I am sorry to bring up such an old post, but I have updated this script and fixed some of the errors people were reporting in the past (multiple marker problems, concurrency issues, _road2 is null, dedicated server problems, etc...), and added/changed some features.

Changes:

• IEDs no longer spawn in the middle of the road, unless a building pushed it back onto the road.
  • Bigger IEDs, that don't spam the same tiny one over and over that caused lag
  • More items are IEDs now
  • Camera shake during the explosions
  • Increased the maximum speed you can move in the IED detection code slightly( 4.8 km/h -> 5.2km/h)
  • Increased the trigger radius slightly (8m -> 12m)
  • A mine detector is required to get the disarm option
  • If you have a toolkit, you have a 100 % chance of disarming. (75% without)
  • Included a file that has a list of usable explosions for creating your own IED types
  • Example of how to use it on a dedicated server
  • Added a debug flag so you can see where all the REAL and FAKE ieds are, as well as get a message about how close you are to an IED and your speed (see picture 2)

I feel like IEDs should be devastating, so I have included two giant explosions. However, it is really easy to make your own!

• Anti Infantry Fighting Vehicle (70% chance of spawning)
  • Anti Tank (30% chance of spawning)

Pictures

http://i.imgur.com/tirV1Dk.jpg (681 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/ht8ccRL.jpg (582 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/h1FRB7J.jpg (716 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/PMltUro.jpg (541 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/1RK8DJj.jpg (522 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/DTbHAOS.jpg (408 kB)

Here is a video of them in action.

Here is a link to a sample mission that has the script and an example of how to call it in it.

Let me know if you have questions or ways I can improve it.

Edited by brians200

Nice!

I put it in the mission I'm working on and it just snaps into place.

Now how to I remove the debug ? so that markers are not showing in-game.

Looking at the script now to try and resolve it.

not to mention the hint at the top.

Nice work by the way it works clean and I dropped like 500 and not much lag

Fix: turn debug off lol never mind my banter.

Edited by 3lockad3
I'm a tard

Nice!

I put it in the mission I'm working on and it just snaps into place.

Now how to I remove the debug ? so that markers are not showing in-game.

Looking at the script now to try and resolve it.

not to mention the hint at the top.

Nice work by the way it works clean and I dropped like 500 and not much lag

Fix: turn debug off lol never mind my banter.

Good work! Feel free to post your own IED recipe. There is a list of potential explosions in Explosions.sqf. Simply make an array of the ones you want in EPD_EXPLOSION and assign it to the _explosiveSequence variable.

Suicide bombers! I'm creating some for the terrorist side that will be player controlled. However you could have AI assume that role.

If you are up for the task, it may implement a whole new world of dynamics in coop\tvt

You could move the trigger around to follow the bomber and it should work. I have no idea how to control the AI though. Probably also want to remove the speed requirement as well.

You could move the trigger around to follow the bomber and it should work. I have no idea how to control the AI though. Probably also want to remove the speed requirement as well.

Alright mate will goof around with it, and I will post back my findings. Awesome job mate! Very happy with your work.

Works like a charm!