Sign in to follow this  
chaseh27

Ships in full gam?

Dan;2392565']I am not actually sure whether is was camera trickery or what' date=' its hard to tell with the way the camera moves and what not, but the Collins class sub in that moves (or gives a very good impression since it dives/rises, just like the white paper said it could) so I just kind of assumed it all moved. The choppers on take off from the deck seemed to move a bit dodgy which also suggested it to me, but I cannot be certain. Only dyslexi could tell us or someone from BIA. Do you think I should PM dyslexi and see if he would be allowed to tell us if it did/did not move (or post it on the videos comments)?[/quote']

Is dyslexi even qualified to answer that question?

Is dyslexi even qualified to answer that question?

He videoed one of the events, so he might know from being there (might have asked the question, been told something as part of the brief etc etc)

Here's a PDF of a "Powerpoint-style presentation" for the RN promoting VBS2 (or rather, promoting VBS2-style modularity over more detailed but narrowly-focused simulations such as Nautis*) that while otherwise lacking details includes a higher-res view of the Type 45 interior cutaway.[EVO] Dan, where are you seeing the Canberra-class LHD moving in the RAN video, are you sure that that's not simply camerawork, or the same sort of scripting previously used in Arma 2 to get things like "drive USS Khe Sanh"/"playable LHD"? I'm not seeing anything that indicates that VBS2 is that much more developed than what some Arma 2 naval modders have implemented.

For anyone wondering what we're talking about,

's the video, and
's another video.

Unrelated, but look at this... British troops participating in a VBS2 session using Xbox 360 controllers... so much for "Arma has too many buttons for consoles". ;) Heck, interestingly enough, here is a 'VBS2 mod' (mentioned here) that uses headset-mounted-three-LED tracking with what looks like a TrackIR for head tilt and body lean, a gamepad for weapon handling and foot pedals for walking (slide them to move, push them in to prone).

* This "narrow vs. broad" is what people should keep in mind when comparing Arma to, say, the DCS series or Ground Branch...The thing is, if that's as far as your use for "big-arse ships" would go, then is there any reason to do anything with them except as static objects and locations? As it is, the Astute-class submarine seems like it will fulfill that role in the Arma 3 single-player campaign, but I'm wondering if you merely want surface vessel versions (read: just like Arma 2 had the USS Khe Sanh) or if you're looking for any deeper simulation than that, i.e. warships as mobile combatants.

(Oddly enough, this talk of the "big-arse ships" as locations actually reminded me of the old Wizards of the Coast-published Star Wars Saga Edition roleplaying game -- specifically, its core rulebook's suggestion on abstracting space combat so that for example if you had dogfighting in proximity of a capital ship, the starfighters could be treated as the combatants while the latter could be treated as the area/location due to the sheer size disparity. :D )

Basically... I want a Destroyer you can walk on as well...

Gnat;2393593']Vote up this ticket then .........

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5577

Is there also a ticket for increased geometry / roadway LOD yet? Guess this would also ease the development of large ships.

The 64m limit is pretty annoying and around since OFP.

Is there also a ticket for increased geometry / roadway LOD yet? Guess this would also ease the development of large ships.

The 64m limit is pretty annoying and around since OFP.

T th e 2012 whitepaper single-player a mention of increased model size limit but not about what it was increased compared to or by how by much.