Sign in to follow this  
dragon01

ArmA3 updated problem on low disk space

I'm short on disk space lately. Recently, ArmA tried to update and couldn't finish for some reason. It ate up 1GB of disk space (all I had at the time) and stalled. I attempted to update ArmA3 manually and got a message about there not being enough disk space for an update. Yet, when I uninstalled it and installed again, it only took 7GB and worked as it should. I wonder, just how much disk space does it need for an update? Even when I had 4GB free, it just ate it up (though not all of it) and stopped updating. I don't know where my 4GB went, and I wonder why it's being taken at all, when the update probably consists of a few small file changes.

And yes, I'll look into solving my disk space issue, but I'd still like to know.

it most likely creates some temp files, which are archived when downloading, but are unpacked on update, hence the increased size compared to the files that are being updated.

Needless to say, if the game is installed on the system partition, you might actually experience lower disk space due to the page file and other cached files the system requires to function.

This really isn't a troubleshooting problem, but one you can easily fix by making more space. for 2013, 4 GB of disk space is penny change

Yes, but the question is, how to get just the 4GB I need and not the price of a full disk. Well, I suppose I could drop it on a DVD, though it's not very convenient. Anyway, I'd still like to know how much overhead do I need for updating ArmA without problems.

Hello there

I also recently had this issue. It seems to be a Steam thing rather than A3 though as I've had it with other games.

It seems it likes to have the free space it needs for a full install sometimes (?) as Ive had plenty of free space, but not enough for it's needs.

Anyhoo, it may be worth asking over at the steam forums.

Rdgs

LoK

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to put off firing up the Alpha until I sort out my disk space issues.

You can move your Arma3 folder to another drive if you want. :)