Sign in to follow this  
Richard_B

[Serious suggestion to A3 Devs] More optics, attachments/better zeroing

[Waiting for Moderator lock]

Edited by Richard_B

hey, I suggest you search for suggestions threads first before posting things like this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125819-ArmA-3-Community-wishes-amp-ideas-NO-DISCUSSION/page192

you could also make a ticket on the arma 3 feedbacktracker so people can vote.

http://feedback.arma3.com

Lets be reminded, yet again, this is an alpha. By all means, not all gear, optics, and weapons are included in the alpha.

This thread basically complains that the game is incomplete, in an alpha stage? You gotta be kidding me.

i have better suggestions, green ponies for blue side, soldiers on bears for russian PMC, elephants for opfor (export from India to iranian allies)

But now more serious, there is a suggestions thread like it's being said before me. The game is ALPHA, means it got not even 50% or less, of all content the final game will offer.

It is good you enjoy the game on alpha stage, as we do, and yes, we also would like to have MORE toys to play with. Just be more patient, as you might heard, BETA version, should come Q2 2013, somewhere after 18 june.

The RCO/ARCO in game are 4x or just under 4x (3.87x). Apparently it's just an error in the description, one that has rolled over in all builds so far. I agree on adding more attachments, that way one base weapon can be made, only adding certain attachments would change the guns classname.

What I don't agree on is weapon zeroing, it was unrealistic in OA, to be able to adjust assault rifles zeroing from 100m-600m, that is why you have sights with different range zero', it is there to be used so I say use it. Zeroing should only be available for long range sights as they have built in adjusters, as far as I know an ACOG and all other variants do not.

Bipods should be available only to weapons with the same counterparts, I wouldn't like seeing every tom dick and larry having a bipod attached to his carbine weapon, they should be locked to machine guns and long range rifles only.

Pistols should have attachments like lasers/flashlights, with zeroing capabilities of 50m/100m only. I disagree they should have any sights, I always feel the sights to be counter intuitive, and rather annoying if I'm honest. Ironsights on pistols is always the best way to go.

I'm not saying the game is incomplete and complaining. Why the harsh reception? It was just some ideas. Mods lock/delete this thread please?

But the game is incomplete ;)

All your suggestions were fine, they were suggestions, no need to get butthurt on a few others responses, shame you deleted your original post as it could of made for some good reasoning/responses.

[serious suggestion to Richard_B] Please read the forum rules or you won't be around here long. I can't even read what you wrote as you have deleted it!

Read the forums for longer before you post .. hmm maybe we need a moratorium on posting unless person has been registered for a month?

Suggestion thread FTW !