Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) - Weapons (v1.13 update) & Units (v1.0) [ALPHA]

First wanted to say, great work Aplion, the units look awesome. I'm really hoping to see some G3 rifles for the regular infantry in the future :)

Secondly, has anyone else had trouble using these with the Canadian Forces Mod? Whenever I use these two together, at first things will be fine, but the second the shooting starts I get a CTD. Can't seem to figure out why...

Thanks mate ... as for G3s ... I'm thinking about it :)

Now about Canadian Forces MOD ... I can't tell as I haven't tried ... I'll give it a try anyway and I'll come back to you with results.

UPDATE ... I have checked the Canadian Forces MOD without my MOD running ... I'm getting CTD every time I'm throwing a grenade killing anyone from my team ... I don't know what the problem is, but for sure has nothing to do with my MOD.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

Just got this before i got in game {addon "HAFM_M4" requires addon "HAFM_M4A1"}

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Do you know which texture it uses? its the main body from around the trigger area or should i just test the different textures..

I can't get it ... I have no "HAFM_M4" class in my config neither "HAFM_M4A1" (please ensure that you have the latest version) ... the body texture of my M4s is "body1_co.paa" ...

Edited by Aplion

I give up cant get it working ill stick with the infantry for now, if you could would you make it a serperate .pbo?

Cheers anyway units are great

I give up cant get it working ill stick with the infantry for now, if you could would you make it a serperate .pbo?

Cheers anyway units are great

I still can't understand what exactly is the problem ... I also still can't understand what are you trying to do, in order to help you !! No I'll not make seperate pbo mate ... as I said this is a MOD ... not an addon.

Sorry for that ... and thanks for your feedback so far.

Thanks mate ... as for G3s ... I'm thinking about it :)

Now about Canadian Forces MOD ... I can't tell as I haven't tried ... I'll give it a try anyway and I'll come back to you with results.

UPDATE ... I have checked the Canadian Forces MOD without my MOD running ... I'm getting CTD every time I'm throwing a grenade killing anyone from my team ... I don't know what the problem is, but for sure has nothing to do with my MOD.

---------- Post added at 17:36 ---------- Previous post was at 17:28 ----------

I can't get it ... I have no "HAFM_M4" class in my config neither "HAFM_M4A1" (please ensure that you have the latest version) ... the body texture of my M4s is "body1_co.paa" ...

It's because this is what you have in your weapons config file:

class CfgPatches
{
class HAFM_M4
{
	units[] = {"HAFM_Weapons_box","HAFM_Ammo_box","HAFM_Acc_box","HAFM_Full_box"};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"[b]HAFM_M4A1[/b]"};
	version = "2013-03-28";
};
};

class CfgPatches
{
class HAFM_M4
{
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	version = "2013-03-28";
};
};

I must say that this is something I missed ... respect mate and thank you very much for this info ... it will be updated the soonest possible.

Thanks again !!

class CfgPatches
{
class HAFM_M4
{
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	version = "2013-03-28";
};
};

Is that why i couldnt get it on its own?

Is that why i couldnt get it on its own?

Maybe ... let me fix it and we'll see ...

Another update to v1.14 for the Weapons part of the MOD fixing some classnames and wrong dependency issues at ammo boxes (I hope for no more major issues after this one).

Thanks to antoineflemming who pointed me for this.

Download Link : CLICK HERE (Mediafire Link)

Edited by Aplion

Another update to v1.14 for the Weapons part of the MOD fixing some classnames and wrong dependency issues at ammo boxes (I hope for no more major issues after this one).

Thanks to antoineflemming who pointed me for this.

Download Link : CLICK HERE (Mediafire Link)

Nice. Do you plan on doing some 2035 Greek forces (as in, with the Arma 3 Greek camo pattern)? If so, I could send it to you.

I got some intel @Aplion will be away for at least 4-5 days more.

OK back to base now so lets see .. :)

Nice. Do you plan on doing some 2035 Greek forces (as in, with the Arma 3 Greek camo pattern)? If so, I could send it to you.

I'm not sure that I undestood the question/proposal ... a different camo pattern than these two I've already used ? ... if so ... sounds interesting ... would you like to PM me with details of whats in your mind as well as a pattern sample ? of course if you preffer to speak in public still there is no problem but better using my "discussion" thread than this one here.

I think what he was asking was whether or not you planned on making some fictional more futuristic versions of Greek troops, similar to how the US Army is portrayed currently in the Alpha, or if you planned on sticking to more modern day (2013) styled troops. As for the camo pattern if I recall correctly there was some sort of hidden Greek camo texture in the Alpha files that weren't being used or something.

I think what he was asking was whether or not you planned on making some fictional more futuristic versions of Greek troops, similar to how the US Army is portrayed currently in the Alpha, or if you planned on sticking to more modern day (2013) styled troops. As for the camo pattern if I recall correctly there was some sort of hidden Greek camo texture in the Alpha files that weren't being used or something.

Hidden Greek fictional camo pattern into Alpha ... this is also an interesting info :)

ok lets make things more simple ... show me what (both) you have in mind and we'll talk about ... my initial thought was to keep my units closer to current era (concerning uniforms and gear) but I'm always open to any relative discussion looking to make more attractive, for the community, my mod ... so lets discuss it ... but ... here please http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151365-ArmA-III-Hellenic-Armed-Forces-MOD-(HAFM)/page8 ... :)

Ive gone to use this and there are no sounds when firing the weapons is it the dev sound bug?

Ive gone to use this and there are no sounds when firing the weapons is it the dev sound bug?

Except the MP5 all other of my weapons use the default sounds ... so it must be some other problem you might have or as you said, dev edition issue (I'm not using dev edition plus no other so far has been reported anything relative).

In any case please let me know if you will manage to solve this issue ... it might be a good reference for feature, that kind of, bugs.

Thanks.

Just tested the mp5 and i have sound for that weapon. The issue is that on dev they have altered the sounds so when it goes into the stable version everyone else will be left without sound - i think. Just a heads up...

Just tested the mp5 and i have sound for that weapon. The issue is that on dev they have altered the sounds so when it goes into the stable version everyone else will be left without sound - i think. Just a heads up...

Usefull info indeed ... I believe that A3 basic functions should work in dev edition plus some more for the developers ... I can't figure out why this is happening but still this is an Alpha version and that excuses all.

Usefull info indeed ... I believe that A3 basic functions should work in dev edition plus some more for the developers ... I can't figure out why this is happening but still this is an Alpha version and that excuses all.

Firstly a huge thanks for this awesome mod. The textures etc are beautiful... probably the best i've seen. Secondly to Aplion, i had the same issue as you. I turned off the dev download in Steam and i got it working again. Hope this helps.

*UPDATE INFO* ... I've already made the corrections regarding the sounds. I'll publish an update when some more things will be completed.

Edited by Aplion

First of all, love the weapons mod. My group use it as our primary weapon group. That being said, I imagine you are aware of some issues since the latest non-dev patch. Just in case, here's what I've noticed.

1) M4 and M1911 have no firing sound, except when silenced (which I read you have fixed).

2) MP5 works fine, still.

3) No other weapon - except for the ones above - can fire at all. It came as quite a nasty surprise when I, as the HK-21 gunner, was trying to shoot a contact through the window from a meter away, only to have no bullets come out and then die. D:

I'm sure your working on fixing these issues. I look forward to your next update.

I'll take this post to also comment on the mod. I'm curious as to why the M60 can't have optics attached. As a group, we all feel the MP5 does too little damage to be effective. I assume your using the damage of the PO7 - which takes about six shots to dropped a target. Lastly, I feel the HK and M60 magazines are way too light. I feel like Hercules when I can carry around six of them without a backpack.

Just some observations, but - as I said - I totally enjoy and appreciate this mod and look forward to the update. Keep it up!

First of all, love the weapons mod. My group use it as our primary weapon group. That being said, I imagine you are aware of some issues since the latest non-dev patch. Just in case, here's what I've noticed.

1) M4 and M1911 have no firing sound, except when silenced (which I read you have fixed).

2) MP5 works fine, still.

3) No other weapon - except for the ones above - can fire at all. It came as quite a nasty surprise when I, as the HK-21 gunner, was trying to shoot a contact through the window from a meter away, only to have no bullets come out and then die. D:

I'm sure your working on fixing these issues. I look forward to your next update.

I'll take this post to also comment on the mod. I'm curious as to why the M60 can't have optics attached. As a group, we all feel the MP5 does too little damage to be effective. I assume your using the damage of the PO7 - which takes about six shots to dropped a target. Lastly, I feel the HK and M60 magazines are way too light. I feel like Hercules when I can carry around six of them without a backpack.

Just some observations, but - as I said - I totally enjoy and appreciate this mod and look forward to the update. Keep it up!

Please have a look on my previous post :)

Thank you for your comments mate ;)

Where did you get your helmet models?

Where did you get your helmet models?

ArmA 1 model slightly tweaked ...