Sign in to follow this  
xxalitoxx

Cant play since hacker attack

I bought arma 3 no long ago and yesterday I tried to play multiplayer and the server got hacked and now I cant even play single player or editor I get the same message (you thought you could get rid of me) message in the middle of the screen WTH is my computer getting hacked now?????? and please dont tell me that I have to download the game again because my ISP sucks i have to pay over usage everymonth

I bought arma 3 no long ago and yesterday I tried to play multiplayer and the server got hacked and now I cant even play single player or editor I get the same message (you thought you could get rid of me) message in the middle of the screen WTH is my computer getting hacked now?????? and please dont tell me that I have to download the game again because my ISP sucks i have to pay over usage everymonth

you' bought Arma 3 Alpha, arma 3 still have to come ;) and not soonâ„¢, just check inside game folder the files with the most recent date delete 'em and verify your game cache, steam will re download just those files, i'm not sure but this should help

you' bought Arma 3 Alpha, arma 3 still have to come ;) and not soonâ„¢, just check inside game folder the files with the most recent date delete 'em and verify your game cache, steam will re download just those files, i'm not sure but this should help

thx i was able to find the file and delete it... such annoyance anyway

Dont matter fixed it

Edited by brad7

They've deployed a second stage of fixes for this on the dev build, but if you're data capped with overage charges then I would suggest waiting until the next regular build patch (dev build changes have to be downloaded and they happen more often than regular build patches).

Sorry whats the fix for current stable only users ?

Download dev build and go back in stable build? I think that doesn't take much time to test.

If someone know where the hack script is injected, maybe we can counter strike hackers ...

If someone know where the hack script is injected, maybe we can counter strike hackers ...

Check the big thread on it, the code was posted (at least most of it was)

The devs have indeed eliminated setvehicleinit in the dev build, so that vector is eliminated for the dev build and will be deployed to the regular build at some point. I ran a dedicated server with the dev build last night and the problem did not appear, though I had to modify some scripts that used setvehicleinit.

Thanks for adivse, I hope hacking will stop shortly :).

From the recent SITREP, to give context to what Jacmac has said:

We pride ourselves on the open platform that Arma games are built on. Unfortunately this extremely flexible platform can both be used for creative modding and malicious purposes like MP griefing. Most solutions for improved security mean taking away freedom and putting restrictions in place (there are obviously many real world comparisons to draw here). For a very practical example of this you can see the response to deliberately removing three scripting commands: improved security, but broken community content.

I do not believe for a moment we can have both freedom and fully secure MP without serious restrictions. The only seemingly valid method would be an approach taken by the DayZ project via its MMO architecture. Keep in mind this concept does not gel with Arma 3 as it was designed - it means all client actions are validated on a server, and this makes client-side modding and scripting much more difficult. Acceptable for DayZ, not for Arma 3. We will however do our best to improve security, reduce vulnerabilities and walk the fine line between freedom and security based on your feedback.