Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

How to get the Collimator sights to work?

Might be GPU/hardware related, in which case you probably can't repo it yourself. I think I said before that Solus' addon for Arma 1 wasn't consistent across all GPUs either. But I guess it doesn't really matter so long as the procedural alpha texture works, and people stick to that.

Yeah, that's what I also thought. It might be a different handling of CO vs. CA; If I see it correctly, much of the effect depends on the Alpha test, so if there is a different on NVidia vs. AMD cards, that might explani it. The procedural texture is what BIS uses themselves, apparently, so I guess that is the safest bet anyway :)

The only issue I see is with the speedboat, sitting in the passenger seat might reveal the tunnel, but that is true for the BIS default attachments as well.

Hi

Thanks for this topic and tutorial.I tryied it for an aimpoint scope and everything works fine except a little issue with the red dot.Its takes some shadows depending with my orientation with the sun and then become less visible and on night i don't see it. How to do for the light doesn't affect it?.i unchecked "enable shadows" in faces properties but it still same.I also tryied to select "both faces" and it works better but red dot lose quality. Is there some special settings to make or did i miss something?

Edited by g00d69

Hi

Thanks for this topic and tutorial.I tryied it for an aimpoint scope and everything works fine except a little issue with the red dot.Its takes some shadows depending with my orientation with the sun and then become less visible and on night i don't see it. How to do for the light doesn't affect it?.i unchecked "enable shadows" in faces properties but it still same.I also tryied to select "both faces" and it works better but red dot lose quality. Is there some special settings to make or did i miss something?

I never had that... what kind of RVMat do you have on the dot? I am using the one from \A3\weapons_f\acc\data\kolimator.rvmat.

What I did notice was that when I use BIS' own colimator dot texture (like the one from their HAMR scope) the dot stays visible, I am using my own texture for that. I have no idea why this is the case.

I never had that... what kind of RVMat do you have on the dot? I am using the one from \A3\weapons_f\acc\data\kolimator.rvmat.

What I did notice was that when I use BIS' own colimator dot texture (like the one from their HAMR scope) the dot stays visible, I am using my own texture for that. I have no idea why this is the case.

Hello.I have try with your .rvmat path and now its working fine.Thanks for your answer and help. :)

Hello.I have try with your .rvmat path and now its working fine.Thanks for your answer and help. :)

You're welcome.T

he kolimator.rvmat makes the dot glow and removes shading, that was probably the issue.

One little addition to this. If you use coded colour (something like #(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1,co)) instead of texture for a collimator mark (point), make sure that it have alpha less than 1 or the trick won't work.

For instance:

#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,1,co) - collimator mark will be visible always;

#(argb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,0.99,co) - will work fine.