Sign in to follow this  
circassian

Playing the Mod from the primary OFP.exe

Hi guys,

Is it possible to play mod from the main OFP exe? For Ex: I want to play with the FDF addons in the main OFP launcher.. So if i copied all "BIN,DTA,worlds, addons... folders contents into the main folders of the game... will that's works?

Circassian, if I understand correctly then you wish to launch a mod with OFP setting/units available aswell.

1. Place mod file in C:\Program Files (x86)\OperationFlashpoint\@mymod\

make sure all the addons are in the subfolder "addons" - C:\Program Files (x86)\OperationFlashpoint\@mymod\Addons\...all addon pbo's

2. select main OFP exe, create shortcut and change/add shortcut start command -nosplash -mod=@mymod

example - C:\Program Files\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -mod=@FFUR-SLX 2007

3. start up the game you should have all the OFP content and all mod content together.

Thanks John, But I'm facing a problem with that... I tried to put it in the "target" and in "Start"... the same problem.. not valid.. so what do you think?

<a  href=qIl5n.jpg' alt='qIl5n.jpg'>

You are trying to run a mod through the configuration tool rather than the game itself ;)

You are trying to run a mod through the configuration tool rather than the game itself ;)

the same problem with the main shortcut.. i think the problem with the quotes, this is what the normal thing: "E:\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

when editing it to: "E:\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -mod=@mymod" the error shows.. while John wrote it C:\Program Files\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE -nosplash -mod=@FFUR-SLX 2007 without " "

Thanks John. the shortcut worked, but the addons didn't shown in editor.. maybe i didn't know how to explain enough at first. when your playing the FDF mod you can see it has it maps, addons... and so one with other mods.. the questions is: is there a way to make all addons and what mods contain shown in one exe launcher.. in another word: i don't want to open the FDF exe for example to play on it map while i can't put some addon from the CSLA in that map.... sorry for bad English

So you basically want to run both CSLAII and FDF at the same time? This would be impossible unless you merged the configs and made everything compatible. They're both total conversions, not addonpacks or mods that expand the basic game. They're more aimed at creating their own world which is what both were designed for. You can add addons and mods to either of them so long as they do not use their own config.bin/config.cpp in the Data folder. Only one "mod" config can be run at any one time.

So you basically want to run both CSLAII and FDF at the same time? This would be impossible unless you merged the configs and made everything compatible. They're both total conversions, not addonpacks or mods that expand the basic game. They're more aimed at creating their own world which is what both were designed for. You can add addons and mods to either of them so long as they do not use their own config.bin/config.cpp in the Data folder. Only one "mod" config can be run at any one time.

Well at least CSLA had a special config addon where you could use CSLA units and vehicles without the mod-config. Though I think they never updated it to the latest release.

You can try to add second mod to launch shortcut, but I don't guarantee that it will help, since some mods are not designed to be compatible. Your best bet would be to ask authors of the mods for more detailed info on compatibility, also I know that some of addons from both mods are released as standalone pbo's so you can throw them all in @Mymod\Addons and they will work - OFP info that's were you want to search.

"E:\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -nosplash -mod=@MyMod ;@MyMod2