Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

EA Awarded the "Worst Company of America" two times in a row

The fact that a video game company won this award over the kinds of companies that cost lives, take people's homes and such clearly shows how meaningless it is.

The award is given to companies that treat their customers like shit, not how they treat the environment or employees.

That's why you don't see oil companies on the list.

The award is given to companies that treat their customers like shit, not how they treat the environment or employees.

That's why you don't see oil companies on the list.

Right, it´s about the company-customer relationship and I think we all can agree that EA deserves this award.

Ever heard of selection bias?

Gamers are drama queens. There's companies that are actually costing people's lives, yet a gaming company is the most hated? Get real. I don't like EA much either, but i'm not about to go crazy about it like most people.

Ever heard of selection bias?

Gamers are drama queens. There's companies that are actually costing people's lives, yet a gaming company is the most hated? Get real. I don't like EA much either, but i'm not about to go crazy about it like most people.

Again.... the award has NOTHING to do with companies spilling oil, clear cutting forests, cheating their employee's out of pay....etc..etc.

It's about how they treat their customers.

Consumerist Magazine <<<------ Hint hint

The title is well deserved. :)

I still remember the days when EA used to be cool, way back in the day. Those days are long gone. :(

Again.... the award has NOTHING to do with companies spilling oil, clear cutting forests, cheating their employee's out of pay....etc..etc.

It's about how they treat their customers.

Consumerist Magazine <<<------ Hint hint

And what about the banks that got themselves into massive debt through unsafe lending practices and fraudulent activities (none of whom have been prosecuted by the way), received bailout money from the government, money that didn't go to their customers resulting in the customers losing their houses? What about insurance companies that use obscure clauses to get out of paying for medical or life insurance for their desperate customers who have no money and need to bury loved ones or pay for medical bills?

Unless EA have also taken their customer's homes, stopped their customer's from paying medical bills etc, etc, etc, I will say again this award is meaningless.

And what about the banks that got themselves into massive debt through unsafe lending practices and fraudulent activities (none of whom have been prosecuted by the way), received bailout money from the government, money that didn't go to their customers resulting in the customers losing their houses? What about insurance companies that use obscure clauses to get out of paying for medical or life insurance for their desperate customers who have no money and need to bury loved ones or pay for medical bills?

Unless EA have also taken their customer's homes, stopped their customer's from paying medical bills etc, etc, etc, I will say again this award is meaningless.

It still doesnt change tha fact that EA are "dicks" and they couldnt care less about people who use and buy theyre products.

Its still well deserved in my opinion, i hope they go bankrupt soon, so someone with actual love for video games can continue the work.

BUT thats most likely not gonna happen soon :)