Sign in to follow this  
lavbo0321

LHA Editing Problem

Hello,

I spent considerable time building out my LHA with aircraft, people, ammo and briefing equipment in the ready room off the deck, the one used in the original Harvest campaing. I got all of my triggers and mission support scripts working.

The problem is that when I am getting ready to build out a mission, I change the weather, date and time, it messes up everything, mostly the gear and people. In does this by some how changing the height of the ship. I don't know if it has to do with tides or what. but everything either goes lower or higher then it was when I builit it.

So I realized that the time of day effects it the most.

What can I do?

Why, also at night, the lights in the ready room, make no difference. it is extreamly dark, you need your NVG in order to pick my gear.

HELP

For the height thing, which codes are you using for spawning objects on the LHD. Make sure you are using

this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, 15.9];

If you are using the set height without ASL it will vary from place to place on the carrier. Maybe that can solve the issue. For the night issue, theres several lighting scripts that help

After doing some testing myself some time ago I noticed that the tides really affect the LHA's position.

In my tests I spawned an LHA and placed several helis ontop using ASL-positioning. When doing the same thing while night time, all the helis are spawned in mid air and they crash onto the deck, jump around sometimes and eventually explode....

I don't know if this works or is the correct approach for this problem but I'd attach an object to the very bottom of the LHA and get the position (ASL) in order to place the objects ontop using relative values.

If you - for example - need 50 meters for the Z-coordinate to add to this objects ASL-Z-value, so does it when it's night.

Thank you all!!!

When I get home, I will try these ideas out.

I had the hold packed with gear. It looked really good. If I was any good I would share it but I am not at that level yet. I wonder if the sub in Arma 3 will be useable. That would rock!!!!