Sign in to follow this  
hovmand

Battlefield 1942

Hehe, okay. Anyway, get winxp is all i can say. For me its been the fastest, most stable MS OS i ever had, including:

win 3.1

win95

win98

win98 se

winme (UF!wink.gif

win2k

winxp

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 21 2002,02:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 21 2002,02wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You get a very wierd blend when you engage at long distances and one-shot kills while you can use the scope of the sniper rifle while running.<span id='postcolor'>

ACK!

Well, at least all the 1337 awpers from CS have a place to go!  

Who was it that was spamming the forums a month or two ago that BF1942 was going to 'own' OFP?  *cough*hovmand*cough*  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

When did i say that? I must have been drunk or something, BTW i would never say that any game would "own" OFP, thats freaking blasphemy (sp?)

Crapiest demo I ever tried in my life. Jesus-Christ...

Really hope that the game will be something else. But from what I saw...I'm scared!

I think the gayest thing was watching tanks lob (and I really mean lob) rounds at each other. Big, low velocity cannonball-lookin things going up, then coming back down... GAY

But I guess itll be a nice little quick fix shoot em up... at least its better than CS... sorta

Well this piece of shit doesn't work on the Kyro2 so yet another reason for me to hate it mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">EA:

Hello all!

I am sorry to inform you that the singleplayer demo crashes after a short while when running on a GeForce4 MX card.

We have addressed this now so the MX series will work for the final game. We apologize for the problems this has caused you.

I will take this opportunity to also inform you that the game will not run on any card not supporting atleast the same features as a GeForce1. So it will not support any TNT2, Kyro II or ATI Rage for example. Not even in the final version. This hard-to-make descision has allowed us to create a more compelling game as it allowed us to raise the bar quite a bit for what was possible.

/Johan

(Lead programmer)

<span id='postcolor'>

"This hard-to-make descision has allowed us to create a more compelling game"

hahaha fuckwit.

Dont even bother - it even crashes after a while if you use a GeForce 2 MX/Mx400 confused.gif

Sheesh how fucking stable would it have been if they'd left in support for the Kyro's, TNT, Ati etc biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ July 22 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sheesh how fucking stable would it have been if they'd left in support for the Kyro's, TNT, Ati etc  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Watch your language. mad.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Perfect Queen's English I don't know what you're talking about tounge.gif

Man that was pretty boring. Just an OFP wannabe game. I think i even fell asleep during it too. Some of it was okay but i hated alot of it. I did like how the guns overheated thats pretty kool. But what really pissed me off was i was barely 2 meters away from a german tank and we were both shooting each other and nothing was happening...No armour being lost..Just made me mad. *sighs*

Just the pictures remind me of DoD too much. *shudders*

Nah id have to say MOHAA for me. Really seems like it just worse graphics but you can drive stuff.

Hey whats wrong with DoD?confused.gif?? The only thing I dont like is that para bullshit in 3.0

DoD is getting better, but it's still a deathmatch.

i'd only play if it were realistic

i'm talking realistic classes (everyone in world war two did NOT have a BAR), realistic weapons (no more toe-kill shots), and besides, it uses the half life engine. not very good graphics ifyou ask me.

I just got the demo today and I kinda liked it. I'll need another stick of memory to fully enjoy it though. Over all if EA sticks with it and listens to feedback it might become a very good game.....just not for purists thats all. Tanks need much better range, I hope they fix that.

well as I sais in my other post I can`t get it to work, but

I will give the game a chance when it comes out.

I did read somewhere that the sp demo version is v1.0 and that

the mp beta is v1.7, so I wouldn`t trash it yet anyway, but

of course I guess it won`t beat opf for me either but at least

it`s a new addition for a potensially good multiplayer game..

and since I play MOH as well this seems to be down the line

though for the love of god I hope the stalingrad level is better

then the one in MOH ( hahaha )...as long as it will have stable

multiplayer then I`d be happy.

dod is a great game. they are tweaking it more to suit realism but it still kinda has that cs feel, and I HATE CS. para maps are fun but get old quick, but the classics are still there. the half life engine maybe old but its still up and kicking and still makes people even with 56k play even and smooth.

at least you can throw granades back

To inform everyone this SP demo is an OLD build. From what I gather from the MP Beta testers it is MUCH better now.

It didn't run on my computer but soon I'll have a new one so that'll be fixed. I've been looking forward to this game a long time.. I hope I'm not disapointed.

The SP Demo of BF1942 sucks!!!!!!

Too many bugs !! If the final game will be like this, i will not give my money for it.

BTW, some people on their forums are saying BF is much better than OFP. They are all crazy.

OFP is and will be the best FPS game for a long time!

Regards...

I have here the desert map (don't remenber the name) with Englishs VS Germans, and the Wake Island (this rules.. is amazing.. you can even go swimming and invade the Japs ships.. one Aircarrier and a Destroyer I think!!!wink.gif with Americans VS Japaneses.. Wake Island is bealtifull..... smile.gif .. ah.. I all most forgotten.. in Wake Island you can fly planes... americans and japs planes... it's nice,,

Theres still time for a lot of work but I'd certainly be interested to see more. It may only be an arcade game but the demo ( even with its faults and bugs ) was rather good fun and thats more than I can say for Wolfenstein, MOH, AvP2, Max Payne or even GTA3. Doesn't prove the game will be worth while but at this point I'm willing to try more.

Its been too long since I last played a really good arcade game.

How did you get Wake Island? The demo I played only had Tobruk, the dessert map. I kinda liked BF, but I would onlt ever play it for fun and would not buy it brand new. WAYYYYY to arcady, the range of the tank guns reallly anoys me....