Sign in to follow this  
papy.rabbit.08

SP_Operation Hashpoint

Operation Hashpoint (v2.2)

BY PAPY.RABBIT.08/SWITZERLAND

siteweb.jpg

Description:

Operation Hashpoint is an infantry-based mission, with 5 objectives over almost the half of Stratis island. Your team is going to prepare a bigger strike that will take place in a few days. Your objectives will be to destroy enemy's important places.

Features:

• Multiples infantry combats like in OFP, against other mens, cars and boats
  • A mission not too difficult for begginers, and not too easy either
  • Long-range and short-range shooting
  • Freedom and choices
  • Diving
  • Dynamic AI Behaviour
  • 30 min to 3 hours of gameplay!

Installation:

Extract the .pbo file(s) to your Steam/SteamApps/common/ArmA 3/Missions folder.

Change log:

v2.2

• FIXED: Version 0.56 compatible
  • FIXED: Multiples bugs corrected
  • ADDED: New design for the objective dynamic

v2.1

• FIXED: The mission is now updated for Arma 3's 0.54 version. Sorry for these days. Because of the update, the mission was buggy.

v2.0

• FIXED: The exfiltration problem is now working
  • FIXED: Some small bugs
  • ADDED: A secondary objective at the end of the regular mission, including diving. Probably the most interesting
  • ADDED: Things for making the mission more dynamic and interesting

Note:

DON'T FORGET TO RESTART AND NOT RESUME AFTER REPLACING THE FILE.

Read carefully all the informations given to you, especially for the beginners.

Sorry for my English.

There still is one little bug, with waypoints appearing on the map. But there's no problem with that for playing or anything else.

Thank you for commenting and rating whether you liked it or not!

Link:

RapidShare

(Armaholic)

Edited by papy.rabbit.08
Update v2.2

Okay - try mega.co.nz to upload it for linking here

Nice mission, good job, immersive.

Only one problem, The 2 helicopters never come on the extraction point.

Arma 3 Alpha - 0.52.103.507

Thanks.

Well, i´m playing your mission and it´s very enjoyable. Thanks it´s just great!:D

Only 2 things...when i load your scenary i receive a message "Mission operation hashpoint contains bad link to a static object. Open it in editor and save it again". Despite that i can start the mission with no problem. The second thing is..when i destroy the helicopter factory i will receive any game information that mission was succesfull acomplished or the marker in map change color or something like that? because i destroy the entire building and the 2 choopers on the factory and can´t recevie any update about.Is this correct?(game version 0.53.103754)

And sorry about my english....

Nice mission, good job, immersive.

Only one problem, The 2 helicopters never come on the extraction point.

Arma 3 Alpha - 0.52.103.507

Thanks.

Thank you! I'm surprised, do you mean that the mission never ended? I already had this problem once :S I'll look further!

---------- Post added at 17:43 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

Well, i´m playing your mission and it´s very enjoyable. Thanks it´s just great!:D

Only 2 things...when i load your scenary i receive a message "Mission operation hashpoint contains bad link to a static object. Open it in editor and save it again". Despite that i can start the mission with no problem. The second thing is..when i destroy the helicopter factory i will receive any game information that mission was succesfull acomplished or the marker in map change color or something like that? because i destroy the entire building and the 2 choopers on the factory and can´t recevie any update about.Is this correct?(game version 0.53.103754)

And sorry about my english....

Thank you too! For the first problem, I have absolutely no idea where the problem is coming from. I really don't know. For the second, if everything goes how it should, you don't get a message that the objective was completed, but you get a next waypoint, like the first one! It is very light and difficult to see, but this is Arma 3's gameplay... You see it very clearly when you look in the opposite direction! I don't know if I'm true!

Thanks...then i´m in the right way, i can see the waypoint....

So far your mission is very impressive....

Hi great mission.

With two survivors the base was cleared and Bravo ordered extraction. Went to the extraction point (checked all zoomed in on map) and waited a good 20 minutes. Nothing happened. Mission never ended.

Medic would report unable every time he treated a man or me.

Also one of my men got stuck in a kneeled position at the antennas - not a mission fault i presume, but a regular bug.

Hi great mission.

With two survivors the base was cleared and Bravo ordered extraction. Went to the extraction point (checked all zoomed in on map) and waited a good 20 minutes. Nothing happened. Mission never ended.

Medic would report unable every time he treated a man or me.

Also one of my men got stuck in a kneeled position at the antennas - not a mission fault i presume, but a regular bug.

Thank you for reporting Mav87th! I'll definitely try to resolve the end mission-bug! For the medic, I supoose it's ARMA 3's gameplay that has a problem... I don't know what to do more! And for the stuck man, I also think it isn't a mission problem. But thanks again, I'll try to resolve that.

Did you refuel regularly the 2 helicopters, mission can last from 30 minutes to two hours +.

Did you refuel regularly the 2 helicopters, mission can last from 30 minutes to two hours +.

Yes, you're probably true! So everybody who had this problem, didn't see the helicopters? Because one bug, was that IN the helicopter, the mission never ended... So it seems to not being the same problem...

So, I have posted this update, the ending exfiltration problem is fixed, and I have added a supplementary objective at the end of the mission! See the first page of this topic for downloading or for details...

oh no problem...i restart the mission...i finished and it´s very cool SP mission...only 3 little things about it.

1)the stranged message posted before that i receveid every time i start your mission...others mission i don´t receveid this message.

2)When i started your mission i receive only 1 waypoint wich is directly to "clear base". I think that is better receive first a waypoint to factory, after conclusion a waypoint to two towers and after that a waypoint to "clear base mission". Just a sugestion...

3)when i complete the mission(clear base) i receveid a message by radio with 2 options, i choose go solo, and my team go away....but not for extraction point...and when the 2 choopers come, one enemy was left alive in the beach of base, and destroy one of the choopers and the other chooper go away without get the team...is this correct?

Of course i can conclude and complete the entire missions despite the 3 observations above..and it´s very cool mission.thanks a lot.

oh no problem...i restart the mission...i finished and it´s very cool SP mission...only 3 little things about it.

1)the stranged message posted before that i receveid every time i start your mission...others mission i don´t receveid this message.

2)When i started your mission i receive only 1 waypoint wich is directly to "clear base". I think that is better receive first a waypoint to factory, after conclusion a waypoint to two towers and after that a waypoint to "clear base mission". Just a sugestion...

3)when i complete the mission(clear base) i receveid a message by radio with 2 options, i choose go solo, and my team go away....but not for extraction point...and when the 2 choopers come, one enemy was left alive in the beach of base, and destroy one of the choopers and the other chooper go away without get the team...is this correct?

Of course i can conclude and complete the entire missions despite the 3 observations above..and it´s very cool mission.thanks a lot.

Thank you for commenting MSILVA! for the first, the message is how to get out of the choppers? I wrote it because if you wait, the second chopper doesn't land :/ I took it from an other mission, from somebody else.

For the second, I don't know why you got that. There is 4 objectives when you begin the mission. You can do the one you want. And by default, it is the first one that is activated, I don't understand why it didn't work...

For the third, I'm sad about that, it is clearly a bug. I hope there will not be many people facing this problem :S

Thank you

Thank you for commenting MSILVA! for the first, the message is how to get out of the choppers? I wrote it because if you wait, the second chopper doesn't land :/ I took it from an other mission, from somebody else.

For the second, I don't know why you got that. There is 4 objectives when you begin the mission. You can do the one you want. And by default, it is the first one that is activated, I don't understand why it didn't work...

For the third, I'm sad about that, it is clearly a bug. I hope there will not be many people facing this problem :S

Thank you

Having a similar problem , seems to to be happening since the latest patch.

I know your mission ran fine because I started it and got just outside the first objective , found I needed sleep and saved.

Then last night the game updated.

Since then, when I load it up I get an error message - something about static objects missing and needing to open the mission in the editor and reconfigure it (if I get a chance I'll fire it up later and get the proper message)

Then when the game starts the first couple of objectives are showing as completed (which I've not done) and the only option is to storm the airfield (this is straight after dismounting from the insertion)

No-way of restarting the mission , it's as if the third objective is now the first (if that makes sense)

Now , as I know it ran fine before the patch - I can only assume the patch changed something within the mission making it unplayable. I'm really surprised that there haven't been more people saying this, it was a damn good mission and I was having fun with it till it broke.

Ok

When you start the mission it now calls itself 'Unamed mission' on the loading screen, when it goes to the briefing screen (map) the error message says "Mission Operation Hashpoint contains bad link to a static object open it in the editor and save it again"

Thing is , I can't see anyway of opening it in the editor , am I missing something?

Just gave your mission a go - it appears good but I ran into a number of problems;

1) Getting the error that everyone else is. I suggest saving in Editor and re-exporting.

2) Upon insertion the 2nd helicopter just hovers until you order all units to disembark. You should probably tweak it so both helis land and unload troop automatically. This isn't something players should have to command (ideally) as its not really optional.

3) The first two tasks were completed upon mission load

arma3_2013_04_16_21_50_29_406.jpg

4) The tasks weren't automatically assigned, I manually had to select them using J, Set as Current Task

5) There seemed to be a number of automatic saves at probably unnecessary times, including right upon mission launch

Aside from that I made my way towards Kamino and got into a couple of successful long range skirmishes but was killed by a lucky shot from a fairly random prone baddie near a road. Will re-try it again later and try and pick out everything you can do to improve it as it has a lot of potential and is well conceptualised. Feel free to try my mission in my sig, its less ambitious than yours but I've ironed out nearly all the bugs at this stage - open to feedback.

PS I'm running Dev Branch.

Ok guys, as someone said, the problems are happening because of the new PATCH/UPDATE. I'll correct that this week-end! Sorry for these problems, but the patch does this... Thanks for commenting!

Okay just tried the mission again and am getting all the issues above. I managed to complete the Kamino assault without losing a single squad member. Just sent the Bravo team in well ahead of me arriving there. I assume they were all dead by the time we arrived because there was about 10 or so straggling OPFOR left when we arrive which we cleaned out. Was a fun assault.

I accepted the optional mortar mission. My thoughts;

- Its a bit weird that the squad leader would be left by himself on the island to complete this and for the equipment required to be dropped after nightfall.

- Nice job on the degrouping and switch to night time scripting.

- It would be cool to actually have the stuff air-dropped in.

- Wetsuit and rebreather, check. Diving goggles, missing. Without a dive mask underwater is usually blurry in-game, however with NVGs it's not (a bug in the game). Also, there are other considerations - dive masks cover your nose which is important when diving for a number of reasons I won't go into here.

- Instead of using waypoints for finding the wetsuit and island - you could have used markers on the map for the drop area and a Task location on the island. I found the dropped box but the waypoint wouldn't complete until I stood right on top of it after already donning the wetsuit.

- God the sound of that large 4-stroke engine on the patrol ship is terrifying when you are underwater!

- The island is difficult to clear and there is no obvious way to take out the patrol boat.

- The barriers/blockades on the island were floating in mid-air. The guys on the mortars were alive but not-responsive to gunfire.

- Once I cleared the island (took about 5x loading saves) the extraction via boat was a cool touch and the music etc at the end too.

Overall its a very ambitious mission which I can see you put a lot of work into but there are some fairly major flaws - the main one being that the first two tasks were complete upon mission launch! Also, I'm guessing you didn't use Task modules because I didn't see the cool 'task complete' animations at any stage.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:58 ----------

oh - can you teach me a couple of things that I learned in your mission

1) How did you get text and a picture to come up in the Overview when you click your mission under Scenarios

2) How did you get the MISSION COMPLETE animation at the end of the mission

3) How did you get the debriefing text at the end of the mission?

THanks mate! - look fwd to testing an updated version. I know its hard keeping on top of the updates that can change yuor mission behaviour

Edited by sproyd

Overall its a very ambitious mission which I can see you put a lot of work into but there are some fairly major flaws - the main one being that the first two tasks were complete upon mission launch!

oh - can you teach me a couple of things that I learned in your mission

1) How did you get text and a picture to come up in the Overview when you click your mission under Scenarios

2) How did you get the MISSION COMPLETE animation at the end of the mission

3) How did you get the debriefing text at the end of the mission?

THanks mate! - look fwd to testing an updated version. I know its hard keeping on top of the updates that can change yuor mission behaviour

I'm getting the same problem. First two objectives are complete upon mission launch.

As soon as you get these things fixed, I'll play it again.

And, I'll dissect your mission in the editor, steal your ideas, and use them in my missions as well.......MUAHAHAHAHAHA! ;)