Birds Down v.1.0

COOP 04

Stratis

ArmA 3 Alpha

preview1

preview2

preview3

Introduction:

This mission is a typical 'pinned down' scenario where you have to hold position in a tight situation till help arrives. This is a short scenario that takes 30 minutes or less to complete.

The mission:

You are 2 attack-chopper teams that are both shot down by Iranian AA defences on the coast of Stratis. You have contacted HQ and asked for an immediate extraction. Unfortunately they have ordered you to hold position and sit tight. They will not be able to extract you till they have taken out the AA defences in the surrounding area.

Luckily there is a fortified building nearby where you can take cover and hide out till the transport helicopter arrives.

The Iranian forces are aware of your location and they are closing in on your position as we speak. You need to take cover in the building and prevent that you are overrun by the Iranians. If they are able to breach the building then that will be a cruel and instant end of your team. Prevent them from entering the building at all cost!

Win/Lose:

You will win the mission if you are able to hold your position in the building for 30 minutes and prevent that any Iranian unit will enter the building or kill all Iranians within the 30 minutes. You will fail the mission if any Iranian AI enters the building.

Features:

* Customized location including non standard editor objects

* Custom fortified building (limited alpha content)

* Garbage collecting

* Random attack waves

* Custom sounds & music

* Custom win/lose outro

* Updates on AI movement

* Intro briefing

* Unit cache (Opfor AI will not be rendered beyond a certain range) to optimize performance

* Respawn version & No respawn version

Notes:

I normally don't make these kind of short scenario's, but with the current limited alpha content this seems like a nice scenario to create and play with the current alpha content.

The AI attack waves are mostly random. It is possible that you will not be attacked for a couple of minutes, be attacked at once from 3 sides and by multiple groups, or that the attacks are evenly spreaded out. In worst case you will really have to bite the dust and endure a lot of suppressive fire from the AI. In lucky conditions they will come in 3 at a time and are easy to take out if you play with 4 players. At the start of the mission you have a few minutes to cutomize your gear at the ammo boxes.

I have added a basic briefing intro (no video) and will make a better one at a later time.

This scenario needs to be played by at least 2 players as it contains 2 separate pilot teams.

I will probably add some more features in the mission if the community likes this scenario setup (otherwise I wont bother).

If you have any feedback then let me know on the BIS forum.

Update v.1.1:

* Fixed grabage collecting (cleaning up dead bodies), Nice performance now.

* Fixed Win ending if all Opfor has been killed

* Opfor will now pop smoke in the beginning

* Fixed a few typo's

* Adjusted AI skills

Have fun,

B00tsy

Download v.1.1

Armaholic mirror:

- Birds Down Co-04[ALPHA]

Edited by B00tsy
updated mission

I saw this location a few days ago and thought this would be sth sweet to start a mission there. Looks good, will look into it this evening and give some feedback. :)

I saw this location a few days ago and thought this would be sth sweet to start a mission there. Looks good, will look into it this evening and give some feedback. :)

Yeah that is a very nice location, perfect for this type of scenario!

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

I have uploaded an update with a few fixes and tweaks.

The garbage collector was not working properly. Now it will clean up dead bodies with every attack wave (great performance).

Also the mission did not end properly in the case if you killed all opfor, fixed that.

And I have added and tweaked a few minor things.

See update details and download link in the opening post.

Sounds great. Will upload the no-respawn version to the CiA coop server.

Sounds great. Will upload the no-respawn version to the CiA coop server.

Added the no respawn just for you, as I know your opinion about it :)

Lol thank you B00tsy! Much appreciated...

Is it noob friendly as far as supplies. My buddies and I are new and personally I'm not as good at reserving ammo so wondering if I have to make 6 mags last or if there's something nearby to replenish some supplies in between waves?

Disregard, I RTFM'd

Edited by ElBurroDeMuerte

Yep there are plenty of ammo crates in the building, the difficulty is in surviving the attack for 30 minutes.