Sign in to follow this  
mikie boy

Getting AI (non Grouped and non-command) to set off satchel charges

Cant remember having an issue with this in a2, any how - little bit of searching and i cant find a result

I cant get an AI, who is not in my group - or attached to any other group, to place a bomb.

tried the following as a test - but no joy

dave addmagazine "DemoCharge_Remote_Mag";

// _handle = dave fireAtTarget [cache,"DemoCharge_Remote_Mag"];

// dave forceWeaponFire ["DemoCharge_Remote_Mag", "DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo"];

// dave fire ["DemoCharge_Remote_Mag","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag","DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo"];

dave fire "DemoCharge_Remote_Mag";

he will touch off one if i place it, but he will not set one down - ive tried with satchel charge as well but no luck - Any help would be appreciated.

unitname Fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipebomb"];

From the wiki. The above should place the charge (you might have to change the names to match new "DemoCharge..." satchel bombs. Good luck. Report back your working solution please.

dave fire ["DemoCharge_Remote_Mag","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag","DemoCharge_Remote_Ammo"];

Already tried that as shown above - no joy - unless someone can tell me if the above is not written correctly - ammo part?

SOLVED: Wrong setting - the correct is shown below

dave fire ["DemoChargeMuzzle","DemoChargeMuzzle","DemoCharge_Remote_Mag"];

or

dave fire ["PipeBombMuzzle","PipeBombMuzzle","SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag"];

do you still get it to work?? cause when he reach the postion im getting a no entry on the democharge_remote_mag.

anyone know another way or can confirm that it's still working and not outdated.

Nothing has changed in the code. Anyone reading this download my cache hunt and see it work there. Make sure the lines is as stated above.

I have a question related to this. This does work, however, the AI just instantly places the satchel. There is no animation. Just instant satchel.

Is there a way to have the same sound and animation play that the player sees and hears for the AI??

I have tried action ["UseWeapon",_soldier,_soldier, (#1-16)]; however, I cannot get the mines placed. #1-5 i get pistol and rifle fireing. higher #do nothing.

I'm not sure if the weapon type is correct but in A2 it would be

_soldier action ["useWeapon",mine];_soldier fire ["minemuzzle", "minemuzzle", "mine"] ;

the mine in action could be any variable it isn't really used but needs something for syntax. It just plays the place action.

ok so its pretty much what i had, just one would be commented out while i tested the other command.. Thanks! It works "Mostly"

The problem im running into now is that once the AI places the mine, he gets stuck there .. they will not move or do anything. There is a domove command following the mine placement. however, it would seem it is not doing its job.

Works fine in OA but I haven't tried A3 yet.

I tested it in the editor using a trigger.

soldier action ["useWeapon",mine];soldier fire ["minemuzzle", "minemuzzle", "mine"];soldier domove getpos player

Hello again, Since the beta update, I cannot get AI to place mines.. I cant find anything that denotes that the classname for the muzzle has changed.. It use to work.. not it doesnt.. this is the code i was using..

_soldier action ["UseWeapon",mine];

_soldier fire ["MineMuzzle","MineMuzzle","ATMine_Range_Mag"];

The AI move into position and do the ACTION.. but there is no Mine placed..

I'm getting config/bin error. other explosives seem to work ok.

I'm getting config/bin error. other explosives seem to work ok.

I found out the problem.. The release of the beta changed the loadout for the Explosive Spec. So that unit no longer carries an AT mine in their pack.. So in order to get this to work i had to clear their backpack of all items and then addmagazine "ATMine_Range_Mag"; to get them to be able to place it.. Once the AI had the mine in their inventoy it worked.. I hope they add the AT mine to an AT rifelmans pack.. would be nice.. or at lease some unit that carries a few AT mines..

I also added the ammo and when tested as player I could place it and set it off but when the AI got to place it I got the error message.