Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

New sa80 is already out

In case it went under everyone's radar, GFX-707 released a SA-80 as part of his Bunker pack#4. It is a little bit rough looking on the first person view, but it looks MUCH MUCH better then the older non-Oxygen SA-80's such as the ones used in the BIB Royal Marines/paratrooper addons.

Also...there are serious bugs in GFX-707's SA-80.

1. The soldier's damage level is 600...he's like a tank.

2. He used the wrong scope (the M21) when he should have used the red dot scope which is made for that type of ammunition (even if it doesn't look like the real-life scope at least it's accurate).

3. The soldiers engage the enemy with full-auto fire. The result is that they fire high and miss the enemy entirely, while they get slaughtered by the enemy soldiers.

But other then that it's a good addon. At least it actually looks like a real SA-80 and the pistol grip sits in the soldiers hand properly.

Also a friend of mine fixed the bugs and sent the rifle bug fixes to GFX707 so hopefully he'll incorporate those fixes into the next update of the weapon.

Anyways with the fix the SA-80 functions superbly.

Now if only BIB would fix it's British soldier units cuz they all appear in Resistance as medics with big white arm bands. sad.gif

Oh before I forget his SA80 by the way is available as part of the bunkerpack#4 at:

http://www.fortress-ofp.com/

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Oh, and sign up for his forums too, everybody! We have a great time there! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 19 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

1. The soldier's damage level is 600...he's like a tank.

fixed

2. He used the wrong scope (the M21) when he should have used the red dot scope which is made for that type of ammunition (even if it doesn't look like the real-life scope at least it's accurate).

fixed

3. The soldiers engage the enemy with full-auto fire. The result is that they fire high and miss the enemy entirely, while they get slaughtered by the enemy soldiers.

fixed

You must appreciate that I only released this because I had the model sitting around and if any of you uber pedantic military buffs want to make a more accurate version then you can use my model if you want smile.gif just make sure to credit me wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 19 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.  The soldier's damage level is 600...he's like a tank.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought something was weird...I blasted the hell outta that guy and he kept coming like a damn terminator...

You could use this effect (not quite so high) to simulate body armour...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 20 2002,04:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ July 19 2002,19:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1.  The soldier's damage level is 600...he's like a tank.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought something was weird...I blasted the hell outta that guy and he kept coming like a damn terminator...

You could use this effect (not quite so high) to simulate body armour...<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe! Yeah I was thinking exactly the same thing. If it was toned down just to make it so you could take maybe 5 hits before dying it could simulate body armor.

I hope someone makes a body armor soldier addon like that. That would be nice...maybe something like making Army Rangers with the "Ranger Vest" like the ones they used in Afghanistan (which did save some lives in Operation Anaconda according to one guy from the 10th Mountain Division who's vest took a round).

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

He did state that it was something that he threw together because he was bored, so you can't really judge him. and besides, it's the best SA80 thats been released yet.

Any chance of an accurate SUSAT sight picture, ie a giant black, thick, pin like object protruding from the base of the sight picture, possibly with a reddened tip to simulate the Tritium?

I would imagine the royal Forces Sa80 (when it's released) may have a true to life optical sight.

The guys thinking about not releasing it now. He probably will but its a shame to hear it.

I am trying to decide which model is better between the Royal Forces Model or your GFX-707 SA-80. The Royal Forces one seems to have more attention to detail to it. But GFX's has already been released. Only time will tell I guess. wow.gif

I've done a version of GFX's SA80 with redone ammo, the SUSAT from Maddogs SA80, and a few other little changes .. but can't get hold of maddog (or mollusc, who did the sight) to ask permission to use it. anyone know if either of them are still about?

Dave

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ July 20 2002,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've done a version of GFX's SA80 with redone ammo, the SUSAT from Maddogs SA80, and a few other little changes .. but can't get hold of maddog (or mollusc, who did the sight)  to ask permission to use it. anyone know if either of them are still about?

Dave<span id='postcolor'>

I tried to get hold of him via E-mail when his SA80 was released. He never replied though... sad.gif

And BTW where is that pic from, the detail of the DPM on those soldiers is very good, where is it from?

the troops are from Bibmi's rather excellent UK paratroopers addon (available from www.ofpeditingcenter.com). they do look very, very good with the SA80. if the guy has just vanished i might just upload the thing and put a note in the readme saying who actually did the work.

Dave

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ July 20 2002,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the troops are from Bibmi's rather excellent UK paratroopers addon (available from www.ofpeditingcenter.com). they do look very, very good with the SA80. if the guy has just vanished i might just upload the thing and put a note in the readme saying who actually did the work.

That would be cool if he's not around anymore to respond. At least you would be giving him credit which is the right thing to do. Oh by the way. Does the Bibmi British Marine units and Paratroopers work on Resistance for you? I tried them with Resistance and they all have the white medic arm band on them now which really sucks. Does yours do that or did you fix that problem also?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah, they did that for me too, but i fixed it, its a little more complicated than i thought it would be, first up you need to change the name of the .p3d file that is the helmeted para (not 100% sure what its called, its the one that isn't bib_ukpr.p3d or bib_ukprrad.p3d) and then change all the references to that in the config.cpp file (i changed mine to bib_ukpr_hem.p3d) then you need to add the following into the config.cpp

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//CfgModels definitions

class CfgModels

{

class Default{};

class man: Default{};

class bib_ukpr: man{};

class bib_ukpr_hem: man{}; //changed model name

class bib_ukprrad: man{};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

hope this helps, if anyone wants to test my hybrid SA80 let me know, best see if it works on other machines before i let it out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ July 20 2002,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the troops are from Bibmi's rather excellent UK paratroopers addon (available from www.ofpeditingcenter.com). they do look very, very good with the SA80. if the guy has just vanished i might just upload the thing and put a note in the readme saying who actually did the work.

I have all bibmi's stuff, including the things not released. They are great, but not ready to go out. He does not have resistance yet, but when he does he'll make a release of the units. So he says.