Sign in to follow this  
tambovskya

Personal Support Thread - Graphics:

Hi,

I'm in need of practice with scripting in ArmA 3. I have knowledge in practically everything in ArmA, and can create anything. If you are in need of anything that has to do with scripting, just PM me or MSG me on Skype. You can also post here and I will reply.

I am also making graphics for anybody. Just request one, give me some details, and I will do my best.

Thanks,

I can also help people create sites.

A site I build for a clan:

fl8sOLS.jpg

Edited by tambovskya

Hi. Nice offer(s) there!

Well, since you're asking....

1) a very simple one (maybe?) - something to put in players init file that automagically flips them into 3rd person view when entering any vehicle

2) I make a series of missions I call "Bird Dogs", where there is a randomly placed chopper that has crashed/shot down in enemy territory. Your mission is to a) get to the chopper and check for survivor(s), and then b) destroy the chopper.

What I"m looking for is a script I can attach to a pilot (called from his init I guess), where he is alive - moving - perhaps showing signs of pain - but cannot walk. I get an addaction when I approach him that allows me to carry him to Any vehicle and load him up for extraction.

3) A utility that allows mappers to convert missions created in the 3dEditor over for use in the 2dEditor. There exists one from Arma2 days, but it a) only works on items, not units b) does not allow you to position items on rooftops and such. Anything placed anywhere ends up at ground level. If you are aware of how much time mission makers spend opening a map, moving a placed item 6 inches, saving, previewing to check placement, aborting, opening again, moving item 6 more inches, saving, previewing to check placement..... you would appreciate such a request.

:)

Hi. Nice offer(s) there!

Well, since you're asking....

1) a very simple one (maybe?) - something to put in players init file that automagically flips them into 3rd person view when entering any vehicle

2) I make a series of missions I call "Bird Dogs", where there is a randomly placed chopper that has crashed/shot down in enemy territory. Your mission is to a) get to the chopper and check for survivor(s), and then b) destroy the chopper.

What I"m looking for is a script I can attach to a pilot (called from his init I guess), where he is alive - moving - perhaps showing signs of pain - but cannot walk. I get an addaction when I approach him that allows me to carry him to Any vehicle and load him up for extraction.

3) A utility that allows mappers to convert missions created in the 3dEditor over for use in the 2dEditor. There exists one from Arma2 days, but it a) only works on items, not units b) does not allow you to position items on rooftops and such. Anything placed anywhere ends up at ground level. If you are aware of how much time mission makers spend opening a map, moving a placed item 6 inches, saving, previewing to check placement, aborting, opening again, moving item 6 more inches, saving, previewing to check placement..... you would appreciate such a request.

:)

1 ) I didn't try.

if (typeof _x == "O_Ka60_F") then {
	player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"
}; 

2 ) I need a couple of minutes to do it.

3 ) I wouldn't know how to do that. It would have to be done by converting numbers, which I don't know how to do.

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

2 ) There are a couple things:

1. Chopped Spawns ( It could be empty or with survivors ).

2. A marker is placed on the map for the side of players.

3. Once the helicopter is blown up, and enemies are taken care of, the mission is successful.

Is that what you want?

1 )

if (typeof _x == "O_Ka60_F") then {
}; 

Thanks. Looking for it to work right away no matter what vehicle I get into, all of them. Trains planes and automobiles. Perhaps there is a class name or something I can enter in there that covers all of them. I'll mess with it, thank you very much.

1. Chopped Spawns ( It could be empty or with survivors ).

2. A marker is placed on the map for the side of players.

3. Once the helicopter is blown up, and enemies are taken care of, the mission is successful.

Is that what you want?

I already have most of that covered.

1) I have randomly placed choppers using Shuko's random placement code.

2) Actually prefer no markers, the players have to find the chopper. What I do is give them UAV, and the chopper is also burning and emitting large black smoke cloud to help players locate it.

3) I have various exfiltration areas and methods with trigger that ends missions.

As far as "it could be empty or with survivors" that might be easiest by just using the editor, there is a built in slider that gives the unit a 0 to 100% chance of showing up.

So as you can see, most of it already is covered. All I really need is the part about pilot himself. So I can place him in the editor, and I can already have him randomly show up or not near the chopper. Just need him to be visibly alive but can't walk, and ability for any of my team members to be able to carry him to ANY vehicle we have acquired (can't be a specific one, 'cause you never know if it gets destroyed during mission).

Thanks. Looking for it to work right away no matter what vehicle I get into, all of them. Trains planes and automobiles. Perhaps there is a class name or something I can enter in there that covers all of them. I'll mess with it, thank you very much.

I already have most of that covered.

1) I have randomly placed choppers using Shuko's random placement code.

2) Actually prefer no markers, the players have to find the chopper. What I do is give them UAV, and the chopper is also burning and emitting large black smoke cloud to help players locate it.

3) I have various exfiltration areas and methods with trigger that ends missions.

As far as "it could be empty or with survivors" that might be easiest by just using the editor, there is a built in slider that gives the unit a 0 to 100% chance of showing up.

So as you can see, most of it already is covered. All I really need is the part about pilot himself. So I can place him in the editor, and I can already have him randomly show up or not near the chopper. Just need him to be visibly alive but can't walk, and ability for any of my team members to be able to carry him to ANY vehicle we have acquired (can't be a specific one, 'cause you never know if it gets destroyed during mission).

_vehicles = [List of vehicle classes...];

if (typeof _x == "_vehicles") then {
};

if (vehicle player != player) then {player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"};

For random crash locations you can place empty markers on the map (empty markers will not show up on players map) in areas where you want the crash to be and then group those markers to the crashed helicopter. The helicopter will move randomly to one of those locations.

Name the crashed helicopter "heli", then place a trigger with condition: !alive heli Act: taskcompleted stuff goes here.

Random crash locations are not a problem. Already got that covered. I use Shuko's script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?92018-SHK_moveobjects

I can move the whole crash scene (the injured pilot, the burning wreckage, and even some enemy guards) all at once soon as mission launches. Works like a charm. Like I said, it's the ability to carry the injured pilot and place him in whatever vehicle I happened to have found that is the more messy issue.

As far as the automagic 3rd person when I get in a vehicle bit; I guess I'm just not understanding something basic. Let's use your example, I put

if (vehicle player != player) then {player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"};

in a file I named Launch3rdPerson.sqf and it is in my mission folder (and no, it does not have .txt at the end :) ).

Then, in my players init , I tried to call it the same way I have called other sqf files:

xhandler = [this] execVM "Launch3rdPerson.sqf";

But still I get nothing. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any chance of a quickie demo mission, I've struggled with this seemingly simple thing for a long time now.

Thank both of you for helping people like me.

Call it in the init.sqf

while {alive player} do {
   if (vehicle player != player) then {player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"} else {player switchCamera "INTERNAL"};
   sleep 1;
};

Ok, thanks, I'll try that right after dinner. But - if I understand correctly, the only reason I was trying it the other way is because it's a personal preference thing, and not everyone who might join my listen server is going to want it.

Doing it this way seems to be bugged by the way, wonder if its been reported?

---------- Post added at 22:45 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Why not let the players decide if they want 3rd person or not rather than forcing it?

Hi, thx for the offer ! here is my challenge :confused:

I find the current stances of my AI subordinates quite unnatural when walking, aware, in formation. I'd like them to lower their weapons as long as there's no known hostile in the area. The only way to have them weapons low currently is to switch to "SAFE" mode, but they then break the formation and start following you in a long, slow and inappropriate column. So I think the problem can be adressed :

1) either by BI changing the default anim :)

2) or by forcing the following anim instead of the current one : AmovPercMwlkSlowWrflDf_v2

3) or by allowing the walk in formation in the safe mode.

Any idea on how this could be achieved ?

Thx in advance

Well, finally back to computer after being away all weekend.

Update: I tried this as my Launcher3rdPerson.sqf:

_vehicles = ["Air","Ship","Car"];

if (typeof _x == "_vehicles") then {

};

and I tried calling it from players init, and from init.sqf. Either it's bugged, doesn't work, or I'm doing it wrong (certainly could be the case).

Also:

I tried this variation:

while {alive player} do {
   if (vehicle player != player) then {player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"} else {player switchCamera 

"INTERNAL"};
   sleep 1;
};

That one Did swtich to 3rd person view, but it's the 'wrong' 3rd person view. It's 3rd person for my actual character, I'm looking at the back of his head, but I'm still inside the vehicle. It's not the 'normal' 3rd person view you expect when inside a vehicle. Odd.

So that's what I've tried and seen so far. Either it's bugged ( like cobra mentioned), can't be done for some odd reason, or I'm doing something wrong. To be honest I"m surprised that (apparently) nobody else has attempted this particular thing before me . Doesn't seem like all that odd of a request. I mean, yes, I know you can just hit a button and go to 3rd person every time I get in a vehicle, but when you're doing it over and over in a game, it just seems much more appealing to have it done automagically and save all that button pushing.

_vehicles = ["Air","Ship","Car"];  if (typeof _x == "_vehicles") then { 		player switchCamera "EXTERNAL"    	};

You can't compare a object (_x) with a array (_vehicles). But you can check if a object is in the array:

_vehicles = ["Air","Ship","Car"];

if ((typeof _x) in _vehicles) then {
};

Last thing I want is to appear ungrateful, or disrespectful. I can't code and so I'm thankful for whatever help I can get. However,

I copied and pasted that exact thing that Myke just posted, and that didn't do anything for me either. So, if you guys have tested any one of these in-game and actually seen them work, then clearly I'm doing something wrong.

Otherwise, it's just not working the way you guys think it should be working.

Hi tambovskya i have a request for you,

I want to reproduce the death camera that you see while in the editor to place into a custom mission. if you place a guy in the editor then kill yourself you will see what i mean, it also has the text on the top left too covering your death details which is great. Any chance you could find and reproduce the script that does that so I can drop it into my mission?

regards

bp

MulleDK19 ironed out the auto-3rd-person in vehicles for us in IRC, here is his code;

_lastExternal = false;
while {alive player} do
{
   if (!_lastExternal) then
   {
       if (vehicle player != player) then
       {
           _lastExternal = true;
           player switchCamera "EXTERNAL";
           selectPlayer player;
       };
   }
   else
   {
       if (vehicle player == player) then
       {
           _lastExternal = false;
           player switchCamera "INTERNAL";
       };
   };

sleep 1;
};

Thanks to Everyone who pitched in on this effort. Gotta love this community! :)