Sign in to follow this  
ssgterry87

Mod Enabling/Disabling

Hello, I am having a problem. I cannot enable or disable mods in the option menu of arma 3, disable is blocked out, any help would be appreciated. thank you.

I use the ArmaII Launcher - it work fine.

http://arma2.paro-technology.com/?page_id=7

It also loads faster than straight from Steam as it disables splash screen etc. See here

Also it would be helpful for troubleshooting if you mention are running the vanilla Alpha (default - stable) or Dev branch (you opt to have periodic unofficial updates from the BIS Arma3 development team) .

Edited by MissionCreep

I use the ArmaII Launcher - it work fine.

http://arma2.paro-technology.com/?page_id=7

It also loads faster than straight from Steam as it disables splash screen etc. See here

Also it would be helpful for troubleshooting if you mention are running the vanilla Alpha (default - stable) or Dev branch (you opt to have periodic unofficial updates from the BIS Arma3 development team) .

Thanks, i will look into this and let you know if it works for me, and I am running the version bought through steam for 49.99 usd. How do I tell if I am running a certain version?

Hello there

I personally use the Armarize Launcher, but there are many others out there, It's worth peeking at em all to see which suits you and you'll never have to worry about mod handling again.

Also if you were running the dev version you most likely would know as you have to manually enable it in steam. Did you opt into the dev/beta, that you remember? If not then most likely your using the standard game.

Rgds

LoK

I am having the same problem as the OP. I have triple checked how I install the mods but every time I go into the expansions section the mods are impermanently enabled. My mate told me he has installed his mods the same way as I have, yet hes able to turn his addons on and off at will.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm afraid I fucked my game up. I was using the in-game expansions menu, and I now have an error that prevents me from getting to said menu.

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Okay, here's the solution for my problem. In the event you cannot get to the expansions menu, take the following steps:

1. Move all your modfolders OUT of your game folder.

2. Launch the game, and disable all mods from the expansion menu.

3. Restart the game, and check that all expansions are disabled (they shouldn't even show up at this point)

4. Close the game and move your modfolders back into your game folder.

5. NEVER TOUCH THE EXPANSION MENU AGAIN!!!

I'm afraid I fucked my game up. I was using the in-game expansions menu, and I now have an error that prevents me from getting to said menu.

---------- Post added at 09:14 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Okay, here's the solution for my problem. In the event you cannot get to the expansions menu, take the following steps:

1. Move all your modfolders OUT of your game folder.

2. Launch the game, and disable all mods from the expansion menu.

3. Restart the game, and check that all expansions are disabled (they shouldn't even show up at this point)

4. Close the game and move your modfolders back into your game folder.

5. NEVER TOUCH THE EXPANSION MENU AGAIN!!!

That should not be an issue though. At least, I don't have that issue. I also have all my mods in the My Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\ folder.

I use play 6 updater and I deleted addons. When I go to the expansion options in the game the addons I deleted are still there. How does one remove the Un used addons from the in game Expansion?

IIRC playwithsix uses a file to load all addons, a plain-text file. Think it is in My Documents somewhere. Or in Appdata.

The only time I've seen mods enabled and just those mods appear in the list is when I modified arma-shortcut with -mod=@whatever

(maybe til no more text is allowed on that line).