Sign in to follow this  
Tonci87

Splinter Cell Blacklist

In fairness, you're nowhere near the only one to notice the oddity of "Fisher without Ironside", and whoever it is doing his voice in the most recent trailers... ehhh.

I'm sure I'm not! Ironside is amazing, and he's my countryman so it's a double loss!

Funny thing (coincidence or not) is that the new guy sounds so... generic. Kind of like the impressions of Blacklist's gameplay. :p

I will add though that it's almost a pity, there is something legitimately decent behind the Mark and Execute system, but it definitely was overpowered beyond what it seems to have been meant to represent (Sam's ability to take advantage of surprised, distracted or otherwise unaware enemies) and they didn't dial that back at all for Blacklist unfortunately.

What I mean is they are taking their own franchise and moving it from something to something else, like turning Sam Fischer into GI Joe to chase dem Arkham dollaz instead of doing a spin off. Instead, they basically spun off and replaced everything that made splinter cell what it is, including Michael Ironside, but kept the same character. It is a bit puzzling.

The aiming was really awkward in SC1 and Pandora,can't figure out how NSA decided to send someone with shooting skills of a grandma.

I realize they gimped the aiming in case people went Rambo but I think they finally nailed the formula in Chaos Theory,Sam didn't had Parkinson and the enemies were still challenging.

These days they don't bother programming decent AI,they just fill up a room with 20 guys and give you 10 drones or aimbot...err i mean smart ammo.:o

Same thing they did with Rainbow Six,multiple teams??Too difficult.Planning??Planning is diffic....dicu....hard yo.

Max,Ironside is out but be thankful they don't have Snoop Doggy Dogg voicing Sam(hey could happen,I mean they resorted to

for Future Soldier)

The last one I played was Chaos Theory, and I also found the aiming to be quite good. I don't really remember the first one or the second one that well, but it didn't seem to me that aiming was much of a problem at all, especially on the PC.

What I mean is they are taking their own franchise and moving it from something to something else, like turning Sam Fischer into GI Joe to chase dem Arkham dollaz instead of doing a spin off. Instead, they basically spun off and replaced everything that made splinter cell what it is, including Michael Ironside, but kept the same character. It is a bit puzzling.
The worst part is, as someone's comment on Kotaku pointed out, the co-op trailer just introduced a new guy named Isaac Griggs who could have been the "whole new main protagonist," and who in that role could have excused/justified a gameplay change (that is, with the excuse that it's still set in the Splinter Cell universe)... instead, he's Sam's wingman for co-op. :rolleyes:

I'll admit this though:

Random henchman: *runs right by the barrier where Isaac is hiding behind*

Isaac: stands up from behind the barrier and lariats him, crumpling said henchman*

Sam: "Wrestling fan?"

That made me go LOL. :lol:

P.S. They're still using the 45-degree-cant pistol hold for Mark and Execute... are the Center Axis Relock people consulting for them or something? I mean, "animations laziness" is probably why it's back, but "CAR?" was what I was wondering ever since I saw the grip technique back in Conviction. :p