Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Recomendations on a bb gun

Oh and its a crosman by the way smile.gif

Also, i cant seem to find any good CO2 rifles, that shoot faster than 650 fps.Any one recomend a CO2 rifle thats faster than 700 fps?

Oh has anyone tryed putting glow in the dark paint on pellets or BB's?Then just shoot them at night.Has it worked, and what did it look like?I just had this thought, that it might look like a tracer. smile.gif

All though, im not shure, if the paint will make the BB or pellet hard to move through the barrel, making the BB/pellet alittle bigger.

Well theres airsoft ammo thats glow in the dark plus there was a flash unit the fitted to them so when u fire it flahed letting u see where they were going.

U could get some pellets that the front half were metal alloy and the back half were glowing plastic.

Also u could consider this pistol

http://www.webley.co.uk/nemesis.php3

I used to have the .177 version and it was accurate and built quite solidly plus the speedpoint sight u see on its real good but it wasn`t too powerful,what airpistols are? asides pump ups or precharged.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U could get some pellets that the front half were metal alloy and the back half were glowing plastic.

<span id='postcolor'>

Pellets i can imagin doing my self.Pellets, in the back of the pellet, has alittle cup in the back, to catch the air easyer, and i could put some glow in the dark paint in there, with out effecting performance.

Also, how many shots will a CO2 cartridge last?

Oh, Kep Kelagin, I bet, that when your package with your BB/pellet gun would arrive, they would X-Ray it, and since BB/pellet guns look like real guns, im not shure what they would think, if you where smuggling guns into your country, or something. smile.gif

But, you could look in a phone book, and look under "guns" or something like that.Or if you have a huge shopping center, like Wal-mart here in the USA, you might give them a call, and be shure they have a sporting area, in the shopping center, and maybe ask if they carry any BB/pellet guns.Worth a try smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 21 2002,04:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">U could get some pellets that the front half were  metal alloy and the back half were glowing plastic.

<span id='postcolor'>

Pellets i can imagin doing my self.Pellets, in the back of the pellet, has alittle cup in the back, to catch the air easyer, and i could put some glow in the dark paint in there, with out effecting performance.

Also, how many shots will a CO2 cartridge last?<span id='postcolor'>

Depends on what u use it for and what type the normal pistols usually do about 60-80 shots for pisols using the umarex c02s,the crossman ones seem to be better and are meant to have lubricant in them.

I remember u could also get a small mock co2 cartridge that used the same pumps as precharged rifles use to pressurize it so u could use it with a co2 gun without having to buy new co2s cartridges all the time.

I just saw an Air rifle, it held 2, CO2 Crosman cartriges, and it can fire 80 rounds, before being running out.And it the peformance stays the same, even when coming to the last round.

I just want to make shure i get a good pellet gun that wont break on me, thats dead accurate, has alot of punch, and i wana feel the "umpppfff", and i want to destory, kill, break etc...!! tounge.gif

I dont wana end up paying $90 when i bring it home, ends up being a cheap $20 same performance gun. smile.gif

In the Air Cadets they make us shoot daisy air rifles all the time. Whats the point of shooting somthing with a wepon that can only kill wee varments. I am one of the best shots in my squad by the way, those pampered city boys just don't know how to shoot.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">those pampered city boys just don't know how to shoot<span id='postcolor'>

I agree.Im more of a wilderness kinda person.I just love going to the moutains and shoot my rifles, and sligshot and camp in the moutains and all that stuff.But since here in Colorado, all our forests are burning. sad.gif

Im more of an expert with my sling shot, but im not bad with my rifles.I remeber shooting the whole bottom off a can, in one shot, with my sling shot, but with a gun, it would only just put a .30 hole in it. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Air Cadets<span id='postcolor'>

What is that really?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am one of the best shots in my squad by the way<span id='postcolor'>

Then i challenge a dule with you.Except? wink.gif

Im pretty good with rifles.Not shure with pellet guns though, cause of the limited range of those, but i'll see.

So what Air rifle do you use cybrid?Is it really good?What is its fps?CO2 or air pumped, or spring?Accurate?

Thanks for any info. smile.gif

I just came back from the Bisley shooting competion for UAS's. Cybrid will know what they are!

We did 7.62mm target rifle shooting. (Nothing like getting all your shots within 6 inches from each other over 600 yards with the Iron sights!

The pistol shooting was far more fun though. (9mm Browning HighPowers). I did reasonably well in that, although my gun was shafted. 6 bloody stoppages in 2 hours! Grrr! I ended up jacking more rounds onto the floor than firing at the target!

We met some Americans there as well, who were NG. I got to play with a scoped M16, so I can't argue. Bloody nice weapon, but I think the SA80 is far more accurate. (For the frist 6 rounds and then it jams! smile.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mountains in Holland?<span id='postcolor'>

Of course!, you've heard they all ride bike over there?. well they're mountain bikes tounge.gif ...

650 probably equates to about 12lbs~foot which is ppretty much a standard I think. 12lbs~foot is the legal limit in the UK as well. theres a chart you use to determine the poundage. you use the weight of the pellet(in grains) and the speed/velocity of the shot. together they determine the lbs~foot. its probly tuned to that limit.

Another good thing I've seen with Crossman,or Gamo, (which is worth checking out), is one or both of them do an adaptor for changing from CO2 to precharged air. theres a canister which fits on the front of the stock and hangs under the barrel. that will probly tune them up a treat as well. my Axsor has a screw in back that tightens up the 'hammer' spring, which gives a bit more ooomph!. you can get new valves to go inside as well, that let more air through quicker. I'd imagine the Crossman is pretty much the same. plus its semi auto for Christes sake!. what more could you want?(apart from full~auto wink.gif

Did you know that CO2/pre charged air guns have no recoil?. springers pull forwards with a jolt, (which can be bad for the scope!!wink.gif, but CO2 will stay on mark which is a boon if its semi auto wink.gif ...

I really envy you living near the boonies!. in the UK I live in Dorset, which is a nice part of the land. but its very tame. I'd love to have a bit of wilderness to retreat to when things get in my face sad.gif ... the only woods we have are small or 'new growth' fur all planted in straight lines. there is'nt a bit of primary forrest left anywhere!!. all the fields are private, most land owners are Nazi's!. where ever you go you feel like you're in someones back garden! sad.gif . Man!, I'd love some mountains!! biggrin.gif ...

PS. go buy yourself a magazine!. its getting harder and harder to find 'owt on the web anymore!,bloody advertisers!!...

one good airgun magazine will probly have just about every good gun advertised in it somewhere. thats where I saw the Air cartidge attatchment for CO2 rifles.

PPS. yes you can get CO2 cartridge sized air cartridges. they're good for a start, but the bigger attatchment would be better in the long run. the Crossman cartridges are the best cause they're lubricated. Crossman also make one of the best(if not the best) pellets available. AccuPel. do a search for them. read up...

Can_0008.jpg

Thats what i did with me slingshot. smile.gif

The can im holding, the whole bottom of the can is gone, in one shot.

(again, my crappy digital camera sad.gif )

And you will also see anthor can at the top, that, i didnt quite hit right, but its pretty much destroyed.

Either u got ebetter slingshots than here or a bears come along and chewedd then can when u weren`t looking tounge.gif

The iffy thing about shooting in the uk is that u can only shoot on private land.It would be much better if this was extended to places that the public generally aren`t about like a deserted field etc which could be safer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Either u got ebetter slingshots than here or a bears come along and chewedd then can when u weren`t looking<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, i just hit it with Rock, and wammo!Tore the whole bottom off.

Oh, and i just went to my local gun store, to go buy a Air rifle, and look at some.And i saw a really sweat Air rifle, its a Gamo.It was about $200 some dollars, and i though, "argghh!I might as well pay $200!"So im just going to wait tell my payday.

So how are Gamo air rifles?This baby shoots at 1000 fps, so it might be worth it.But the only problem is, that its only 1 shot, so you shot one pellet, then you have to open the gun up, then put in anthor pellet.Im thinking about the Hunter 440 combo, or the Hunter 220 combo.

Hunter 220 combo:

HUNTER220%20COMBO-roll.gif

Hunter 440 combo:

HUNTER440%20COMBO-roll.gif

Gamos WEB SITE.

Or is there any other Gamo you guys would recomend?Under $300 now smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 17 2002,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are willing to spend a bit more money, then I suggest a Gamo air rifle. Most of Gamo's rifles shoot 1000+ fps. Always get good reviews in National Rifleman.

hunterSS890_roll.jpg

Hunter Silver Shadow 890

HUNTER%20SHADOW-roll.gif

Hunter Shadow B.

REALTREE%20HUNTER-roll.gif

Realtree Hunter<span id='postcolor'>

Well, heres my answer smile.gif

But i still, want to know alittle more about the them, before i spend $300 greenbacks. smile.gif

Well, I as the great expert, will enlighten you. The Gamo series of rifles is well know for its shooting. They shoot and do a damn good job at it. The shooting is generally performed by putting your finger on the trigger and slowly but surely squeezing it. Mr. Gamo, the designer/manufacturer of these air-rifles wanted to produce airrifles which would shoot, which these do. They fire bullets. The Gamo rifles stand out between the other rifles because on the box it says "Gamo". This is done to make the purchaser of the Gamo rifle sure that it is infact a Gamo rifle he purchased and not some cheap copy. When firing with the Gamo rifle, make sure you have your finger on the trigger and make sure the rifle is pointed at your target and not at your dog or that scary clown that lives nextdoor. Have fun with your new Gamo rifle! (Taken from http://www.ye-olde-gamo-rifles.org/)

SKULLS_Viper Posted on July 21 2002,01wow.gif9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those pampered city boys just don't know how to shoot

I agree.Im more of a wilderness kinda person.I just love going to the moutains and shoot my rifles, and sligshot and camp in the moutains and all that stuff.But since here in Colorado, all our forests are burning.

Im more of an expert with my sling shot, but im not bad with my rifles.I remeber shooting the whole bottom off a can, in one shot, with my sling shot, but with a gun, it would only just put a .30 hole in it.

Air Cadets

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

What is that really?

I am one of the best shots in my squad by the way

Then i challenge a dule with you.Except?

Im pretty good with rifles.Not shure with pellet guns though, cause of the limited range of those, but i'll see.

So what Air rifle do you use cybrid?Is it really good?What is its fps?CO2 or air pumped, or spring?Accurate?

Thanks for any info. <span id='postcolor'>

Ok, I'll try to awnser as many of the questions as possible. In Canada we have government funded cadet systems for land, sea, and air. I belong to the Royal Canadian Air Cadets. All cadet programs are kind of an introduction to the real military and involve weekend exercises and summer training (which can last up to 6 weeks) and all branches are very effective propaganda machines (Canada's military is more powerful than that of the U.S. my ASS!!!wink.gif. I am enlisted in #80 sqdrn. in Kitchener ON at the rank of corperal. In the air cadets there is also an oppourtunity to get a flight scholarship and then get your pilots in only 6 weeks during the summer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Then i challenge a dule with you.Except?

Thanks for any info.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd like to duel but how would that work?

The air rifles are made by daisy (not sure which model) its a pump action rifle with a 5 shot clip, and its not too bad for an air rifle. The accuracy can very depending on wether someone has been screwing around with the sight nobs. We shoot from 12m (I think) and the shot goes exactly where you point it, and thats why I don't understand how so many other cadets can't hit the target, because the shot always goes right where you point it (if the sight is true), if not you can still get a very nice group with them.

Im going to order the Gamo Hunter 440 Combo, .22 cal rifle.It shoots at 755 fps, with a .22 in it.The .177 will go 1000 fps, but the .22 will do alot more damage, then a .177.So im getting it specially ordered.The total comes to $210.00.And i asked my dad if i could use his credit card. smile.gif

I already looked at one at Gart Sports, and i really liked it.So i'll get order online, from a web site.It is also more cheaper to.Im saving $40 smile.gif

http://www.airgunstore.com/RIFLES/GMODHUNTER440.HTM

It comes with a scope, but the picture doesnt show it.Wish me luck! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like to duel but how would that work?

<span id='postcolor'>

I was just joking. smile.gif

But, im not a bad shot though smile.gif

Thanks for your help guys!I'll post a picture of it, when it comes. smile.gif

Oh, and you people that live in Europe, will most definalty have Gamo guns.It even says here, </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Back in the late 1880's, when we were known as Antonio Casas, S.A., we started out making a variety of lead products in Barcelona, Spain. Sixty years ago, we started to specialize in high quality airgun pellets for the European market. As we expanded, we formed a new company, Industrias El Gamo, and began making high quality performance airguns. In a short time, we became popular not only in Spain, but today: Gamo is the largest airgun manufacturer in Europe.

Shooters in over 50 countries all over the world use our rifles and pistols. <span id='postcolor'>

Oh, and Gamo, has some nice music, on its second main page smile.gif

Go HERE

Then select your language, and you will here music.And i like it, just the first couple minutes though. smile.gif

Z-HUNTER440COMBO.jpg

Nice isn't it. smile.gif  Its a Gamo 440 combo.So i have to thank USSoldier for recomending it. smile.gif

Its mine for $210 with scope, and a .22 cal barrel. smile.gif

Z-HUNTER1250.jpg

Wow, i didnt know gamo has the worlds fastes air rifle!It shoots at 1250 fps!!!!

powerful.gif

Yours for $400. smile.gif

Oh, and why does Gamo, say, you should wear hearing protection?Are these Gamo air rifles that powerful?I mean, i can see wearing them when firing something big and uses gun powder, but air?

I also like the fact, that there you can actually feel the gun jolt back into your shoulder. smile.gif