Sign in to follow this  
SKULLS_Viper

Recomendations on a bb gun

Im thinking about adding a BB gun to my gun collection.I just want something to shoot in my back yard, with out scarring everone.  But i have a relitively huge yard.About 300 some yards or so.So i want a good accurate and powerfull bb gun (perferably air rifles, and not spring).At a price from $30-$80.With a scope maybe to.Im looking at some crosmans, and here are a couple i have in mind.CLICK HERE

(select the "Pneumatic (Pump)" under the "Crosman" picture.)

and the ones im looking at are:

20104 GT

764 SB

664 X

664 SB

any recomendations out of these 4?Any other you would recomend?

I want a good fps(feet per second) and one that is very accurate.Also, i want it to be able to shoot pellets, and BB's.I just want to use it for practice, when i cant shoot my rifles(and maybe shooting raccons or something wink.gif ).Thanks for some recomendations. smile.gif

ppk-s_small.jpg

Walther PPK/s (CO2), produced by Umarex on license from Walther. Very very fun to shoot. Blowback action and the whole frame is identical to the real thing.

product sheet

I can highly recommend it. I own the real thing (.32) and one CO2 (4.5 mm) and I can honestly say that the CO2 version is more fun to shoot smile.gif

wonder if that is available in US.

I'll just search for Denoir's pic, put it on paper target and practice... tounge.gif

If you are willing to spend a bit more money, then I suggest a Gamo air rifle. Most of Gamo's rifles shoot 1000+ fps. Always get good reviews in National Rifleman.

hunterSS890_roll.jpg

Hunter Silver Shadow 890

HUNTER%20SHADOW-roll.gif

Hunter Shadow B.

REALTREE%20HUNTER-roll.gif

Realtree Hunter

Avoid crosman. We got one for my little cousin and that sucker is ALMOST as innacurate as a drunken monkey with a SKS

Hey viper do you have the classic red ryder BB gun? I know its not what you're looking for but i was just wondering. Those are really fun. Not the strongest thing but and oldie/classic.

All those crosmans you posted I personally think suck. they look like they are all plastic stocks which isnt he huge issue but the highest fps was 755 and you go a bit over that. I'd go for a 1000fps or more if I were you because my 650 fps wont even break a beer bottle.

Don't get any of that crap.

Do a search for "airsoft" and buy yourself a REAL BB gun.

AEG's, Electrical assault rifles are the dogs bollox when it comes to cool guns. You can get full metal M4's, full metal M-16's, you can get a plasticky P-90, its all high quality and you get full-auto weapons at around 300 fps. Check it out, its great stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 17 2002,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you are willing to spend a bit more money, then I suggest a Gamo air rifle. Most of Gamo's rifles shoot 1000+ fps. Always get good reviews in National Rifleman.

hunterSS890_roll.jpg

Hunter Silver Shadow 890

HUNTER%20SHADOW-roll.gif

Hunter Shadow B.

REALTREE%20HUNTER-roll.gif

Realtree Hunter<span id='postcolor'>

mm, how much are those?I kinda want a 1000 fps air rifle, but, nothing more then $80.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 17 2002,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avoid crosman. We got one for my little cousin and that sucker is ALMOST as innacurate as a drunken monkey with a SKS<span id='postcolor'>

so what would you recomend?A Daisy?Benjamin?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 17 2002,09:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey viper do you have the classic red ryder BB gun? I know its not what you're looking for but i was just wondering. Those are really fun. Not the strongest thing but and oldie/classic.<span id='postcolor'>

No, i dont have a Red Ryder.There about $20, and i wasnt thinking about paying that low.Plus, its spring fired, not air. confused.gif But, when i was little, i always wanted it. smile.gif

But, im looking for somthing powerfull, but up to $80.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MDRZulu @ July 17 2002,09:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All those crosmans you posted I personally think suck. they look like they are all plastic stocks which isnt he huge issue but the highest fps was 755 and you go a bit over that. I'd go for a 1000fps or more if I were you because my 650 fps wont even break a beer bottle.<span id='postcolor'>

So what would you recomend for an air rifle, less then $80?I have seen some 1000 fps airrifles, but about $150, and, it wasnt the style im looking for either.Also, i dont care if it is plasitc stock, or not.Just something to shoot, in my back yard, that will, hopefully reach 300 yards deadon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 17 2002,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't get any of that crap.

AEG's, Electrical assault rifles are the dogs bollox when it comes to cool guns. You can get full metal M4's, full metal M-16's, you can get a plasticky P-90, its all high quality and you get full-auto weapons at around 300 fps. Check it out, its great stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

I wana pelet gun, mostly. smile.gif

But, has the ablity to shoot at BB.And dont those airsofts, shot only plastic bb's?And 300 fps, is alittle under powered for what i wana do.I want something around 600-1000 fps.But i do like how you can get an M16 or M4 etc... smile.gif

I might consider one of those, just for fun. smile.gif

I have Crosman 2100B with 4x20 optic  biggrin.gif

"""Serious business, serious-style. It's a full size, hefty competitor that pumps up to maximum velocity, accuracy, and excitement"""

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 18 2002,01:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 17 2002,12:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't get any of that crap.

AEG's, Electrical assault rifles are the dogs bollox when it comes to cool guns. You can get full metal M4's, full metal M-16's, you can get a plasticky P-90, its all high quality and you get full-auto weapons at around 300 fps. Check it out, its great stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

I wana pelet gun, mostly. smile.gif

But, has the ablity to shoot at BB.And dont those airsofts, shot only plastic bb's?And 300 fps, is alittle under powered for what i wana do.I want something around 600-1000 fps.But i do like how you can get an M16 or M4 etc... smile.gif

I might consider one of those, just for fun. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, they are just for fun smile.gif

You are meant to shoot others with them, at Airsoft skirmishes etc., its like Painball, but loads better smile.gif

You CAN get metal plastic pellets for Airsoft guns, but I wouldnt use them in a full-auto one as it will wreak havoc on the gearbox, plus its illegal in the UK ,unless used for 500 fps semi-auto sniper rifles.

But you won't get anything decent for 80 bucks, not even a springer rifle (single shot). In the UK, proper guns start at about Å150 for MP5K's and go all the way up to Å300 for a proper full metal M4 RIS with scope, silencer and laser aiming thingy biggrin.gif

Å1 = $1.5 I think

Also, i want something rifled to(to make it more accurate).With a scope, just for the fun of it.

http://www.airsoftdynamics.com/AEG_electricguns.htm

This is the best retailer in the UK apparently smile.gif

Surf the available guns and get a feeling for whats available and an approximate price range smile.gif Cant help u with US dealers, but this should get u started smile.gif

Modifying guns is possible too, you can take the FAMAS and put a P-90 gearbox in for example ,for higher FPS and more reliability.

EDIT: The SMG link is broken, sorry sad.gif

That link works Ex-ronin. smile.gif

But i have to say im amazed, how detailed and accurate they are and look.I bet if a cop saw you with it, he'd open fire on you. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 18 2002,00:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ July 17 2002,07:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avoid crosman. We got one for my little cousin and that sucker is ALMOST as innacurate as a drunken monkey with a SKS<span id='postcolor'>

so what would you recomend?A Daisy?Benjamin?<span id='postcolor'>

Honestly, I dont know. Havent looked at BB/Pellet guns for a year or two now. I may get a new one to shoot in the back yard- with all the bells and whistles, of course smile.gif

I want one of those Gamos, but they are too damn expensive for something that the cops will probably end up confiscating tounge.gif

You shure them crosmans are inaccurate?Maybe, you got your cousin a cheap one . tounge.gif

I remeber my friend had one, with a scope, and he shoot birds in his tree and he never missed once.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ July 18 2002,01:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That link works Ex-ronin. smile.gif

But i have to say im amazed, how detailed and accurate they are and look.I bet if a cop saw you with it, he'd open fire on you. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

In the US, Airsoft rifles are supposed to have a fat orange strip around the barrel.

Both in the US and the UK you are not meant to be walking around with one smile.gif

What I meant is, if you follow the link, and click on SMG's, you will only get the first gun.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't get any of that crap.

AEG's, Electrical assault rifles are the dogs bollox when it comes to cool guns. You can get full metal M4's, full metal M-16's, you can get a plasticky P-90, its all high quality and you get full-auto weapons at around 300 fps. Check it out, its great stuff. <span id='postcolor'>

You can't kill or break anything with an airsoft. Where's the fun in that? confused.gif