Sign in to follow this  
bearbison

Digital Compass Bearing

Would really like to see this one updated to work with the release version. Really useful mod but I find when I press K, everything becomes unplayable with the sound messed up and freezes every few seconds for a few seconds. Hope you can find the time to have a look.

Can you try the version posted in the post above, sorts the sound issue and maybe the other. Then let me know.

Never got round to amending the post as a release version.

Otherwise I should be able to look at it this week.

Not found this at all. Running smoothly here, and I have a LOT of addons running (including this one!)

Cheers Kremator, sounds like if they use the v3 version it should be good.

I must ask... why make things easier and more... casual?

This was made when you couldn't read the compass :D and people wanted some extra bits added. I don't use it myself now but will keep it updated as required for others to use.

As such, first post updated with a link to v3 since it sounds like no issues with it.

Nice addon.

Btw.

If you replace the check _key == 37 with _key == (actionKeys "Compass" select 0) it will be whatever the user has the compass bound to.

I like this a lot, but im experiencing the same issues as SaL_iOGC

when i have the bearing indicator enabled- i get massive frame drops every 3-5 seconds. This stops when i disable the bearing indicator.

Is there a fix for this?

I just noticed this and wanted to hop in here and check it out. I've a couple questions though. Why does showing a hint box with the players heading require it to be in addon form and why does it need cba? Was this just a 'practice' addon? No sarcasm, it's a legit question.

Edited by Pac Man
Ahh okay, it's a client addon so he can bring this to any server. Gotcha.

Is this mod clientside like the A2 digital compass?