Sign in to follow this  
Basxt

A3, Destroy radio towers to complete the mission HELP!

Hi guys,

I am working on my map and for it's final stage I need to let the players destroy 4 radio towers (which are scattered around the island) 4 of these towers are marked with markers.

My question is how do I let the game know that the 4 towers are destroyed (satchel charges?) and let the players proceed to the end place.

So these 4 towers need to be destroyed --> let the game know all towers are destroyed and that the players can access through the end place.

I hope you understand what I mean,

Thanks

alive

Something like this:

waitUntil {!alive tower1 && !alive tower2 && !alive tower3 && !alive tower4};
endmission "END1";

alive

Something like this:

waitUntil {!alive tower1 && !alive tower2 && !alive tower3 && !alive tower4};
endmission "END1";

Alright thanks, How and where do I put the code though?

Do I need to run 4 synchronise lines from the code to the towers which would be destroyed?

@ tryteyker: the towers are static objects, can they actually be named? I dont think so?

So I would create trigger for each radio tower, group it with the static object (radio tower), -> the trigger will show "static object" if you want to edit it in the drop down field on the right side. Set the trigger to activate on "not present" and type in the init field for example

radio1 = true

Do this for all towers but be sure to alter the variable (here: radio1) every time. So when all towers are destroyed, the variables "radio1", "radio2", "radio3" and "radio4" will be set "true".

No you just need one more trigger Type "END1" which has this as condition

radio1 and radio2 and radio3 and radio4

Well you could make a trigger which stretches over the whole map and put this in the condition:

!alive tower1 && !alive tower2 && !alive tower3 && !alive tower4

Then as Trigger Type just select "End #1".

@Dar

Well as long as the radio tower has a damage model it can be checked via alive. You can name every object really, and I've not experienced any issues with this. Ofcourse if we're talking about preplaced radio towers that are sort-of hardcoded into Stratis it's a completely different thing.

I know that you can name every placable prop, used the alive thing often enough myself for different types of objectives.

But actually there are no A3 props for radio towers right now. So I guess he is talking about the fixed ones.

Alright So here is example, I want a trigger to go off when this radio tower big is destroyed.

yL9wgsh.jpg

A simple trigger on the building set to not present single activation with a switch, will show the tower dead or not.

If you really lazy you can place an ammo box at each pillar and give them names like "pillar1" and so on. Then in a trigger or script put something like "!alive pillar1 && !alive pillar2 && !alive pillar3 && !alive pillar4" for the condition, and then on activation put "hint "Tower Destroyed";"