Sign in to follow this  
andressergio

NEW NVIDIA BETA 314.21 FIX for lots of problems

placebo post.

Since there's no specific fixes for ARMA on drivers notes, there's no better performance or "bugs fixes".

I tried and Am currently running beta patch from Nvid and i get way better performance than i did using current rl driver.

Probably off-topic since I (still) use a different brand but, I noticed a HUGE difference with the new AMD driver pack (from January). It solved loads of texture / FPS issues I was having. Just putting it out there!

I've notice too an huge improvments of FPS in gameplay, even during firefight involving 60 or more "active" soldiers.

This is a video during a gameplay done by me after the driver upate. I totally agree with the OP. I don't think that NVidia made an update for ArmA3, but at least it's having a very good effect on FPS. (sorry for english)

Edited by Racetrack

This recent Beta Driver caused me to reinstall W7. First it started by rebooting my computer 2 out of 4 tries at loading ArmA then progressively more and more blue screens. Only seen about 3 of them since launch day of W7 64bit.

I've installed plenty of NVIDIA beta's before without any problems but this one was a headache for me...blah

Oh well, that's what happens when you play trail blazer....lol

I've notice too an huge improvments of FPS in gameplay, even during firefight involving 60 or more "active" soldiers.

This is a video during a gameplay done by me after the driver upate. I totally agree with the OP. I don't think that NVidia made an update for ArmA3, but at least it's having a very good effect on FPS. (sorry for english)

So you made a video with the zum zum music and titles claiming the awesome FPS improvement.. and the video not only doesn't have any comparision with the previous (supposed lower) fps, but it doesn't even have a damn FPS overlay on it. Are you serious or are you trolling?

So you made a video with the zum zum music and titles claiming the awesome FPS improvement.. and the video not only doesn't have any comparision with the previous (supposed lower) fps, but it doesn't even have a damn FPS overlay on it. Are you serious or are you trolling?

haha. The best thing is that the discussion makes no sense without a benchmark.

This recent Beta Driver caused me to reinstall W7. First it started by rebooting my computer 2 out of 4 tries at loading ArmA then progressively more and more blue screens. Only seen about 3 of them since launch day of W7 64bit.

I've installed plenty of NVIDIA beta's before without any problems but this one was a headache for me...blah

Oh well, that's what happens when you play trail blazer....lol

If trying to install a GPU driver caused blue screens and a windows re-install... i'd place the blame more on the user and his system than on the driver.

Same performance with GTX 670 and gpu usage is still low 50 %, you cant probably correct this by just new drivers.

I can also report that with either the latest dev built or the latest beta driver I went from 30 FPS in multiplayer to 60+

NICE

I made this just for show how I can play now. I'm very sorry if you don't like the music :(:( maybe i can add an other "zum zum" music? Tell me what you like....

I read a lot of your post on this forum. It seems that you like kidding other user instead writing about the game.

I'm not going to reply you anytime.

So you want a serious and detailed message? Good:

1) You didn't resemble a standard environment to perform your test: you could do 10 FPS or 60 FPS with the same settings, on the same hardware, on the same server, but in two different moments. Basically we don't have a benchmark, but apart this you didn't even evidenced the performances you had before this supposed optimization, so how we could figure what's the improvment?

2) You didn't specified your settings, you hardware, or anything that could be compared with other players hardware to evidence the differences;

3) You didn't superimposed the fps you're obtaining during the gameplay, the game could be run at 15fps for what i can see... and this is sub-optimal and not acceptable, however there's no fps overlay so we never know.

4) You couldn't play before and now you can play? ...and...? Good for you! It means nothing for anyone else.

So you want a serious and detailed message? Good:

1) You didn't resemble a standard environment to perform your test: you could do 10 FPS or 60 FPS with the same settings, on the same hardware, on the same server, but in two different moments. Basically we don't have a benchmark, but apart this you didn't even evidenced the performances you had before this supposed optimization, so how we could figure what's the improvment?

2) You didn't specified your settings, you hardware, or anything that could be compared with other players hardware to evidence the differences;

3) You didn't superimposed the fps you're obtaining during the gameplay, the game could be run at 15fps for what i can see... and this is sub-optimal and not acceptable, however there's no fps overlay so we never know.

4) You couldn't play before and now you can play? ...and...? Good for you! It means nothing for anyone else.

I wrote my specs in the description of the video.

If FPS are lower than 15 u can see at naked eye cause human eyes can see the difference between image and videos until 1/4 second... This mean that under 20 FPS you see lag at any conditions.

There are many thread telling that AI kills performance, after this driver update this don't happen yet. This is the "why" i posted the video in this thread.

I repeat if you don't like it's ok but I posted here not for trolling but for showing.

Good for you. Were the issues with your social life? Do you get out more as a result?

Good for you. Were the issues with your social life? Do you get out more as a result?

I'm writing with wireless i'm already out ;)

So many problems fixed! Has anyone tested? Maybe the new driver can also cure cancer?

Yeah mate! Cancer is in the fix list but not stupidity I'm so sorry :( :(