Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Diver Stats: A light simulation of depth, pressure and air consumption rates

Seems like there is only one small portion missing to enable this to be MP compatible. I looked at the first query/check where it checks to see if it's a server or dedicated server. Since I'm still trying to understand the scripting concept, I don't know if this is the correct direction to go with it.

diverstats.sqf

if (isServer && !isDedicated) then...

Other than that, we can only hope that the author will resurface and help us out some with this spectacular script.

diverstats.sqf

To get mine to run in MP:

Just comment-out (or delete) line 119:

if (isServer && !isDedicated) then

And add:

while {TRUE} do

Seems to work just Fine! On the client PCs the readout will blink every second though.

For that extra level of detail, put in trigger that the player has to be wearing the

Re-Breather Vest to activate Script. Then if he takes it off it will then EXIT the script

so you can still swim under water without it running when no Vest is worn...

You can try using "player" but I just used a separate Trigger for each Player. P1, P2, etc. You can also setup

separate Rebreathers for different Gas Mixtures or maybe setup an addAction to select your Gas Mixtures.

Trigger: (modify how you like) I named myself P1 (Player 1), and used a different File-Path setup.

CONDITION:

"V_Rebreatherb" == Vest P1;

ON ACT:

scuba1=[P1, 25, 3000, 1.2, 0.15, 0.30, 0.55, 18] execVM "scripts\scuba\trindisplay\diverstats.sqf";

hint "v1 Quest-Drager Systems Inc. HALO/Re-Breather Pressurized. 3000psi, 15%O2, 30%N2, 55%He";

On DEA:

terminate scuba1; hint "Drager System: OFF. Recharging...";

Since the original creator seems to be MIA, I'd thought I'd post some updates and ideas I had. Enjoy!

Stay Frosty, and keep an eye on that air supply... Over & Out.

Edited by Goblin
Make sure you use your own correct File-Path

Is there a diverstats.sqf file ready for MP?

Also - how do I remove the need to put the below into playable unit?

[this, 25, 3000] execVM "scripts\trindisplay\diverstats.sqf"