Sign in to follow this  
Freighttrain4

The size comparison of NATO troops and the Iranian troops

I was surfing the web just studying random things. Then, something popped into my mind.

How much bigger is an American/NATO Soldier compared to an Iranian or Asian counterpart?

I could probably research more about this but I just want you guys to discuss. I enjoy the discussions!

I found a picture from 1900, it's from teh eight nation Alliance it goes in the order from left to right: Britain, United States, Australian,[22] British India, Germany, France, Austria-Hungary, Italy, Japan.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Troops_of_the_Eight_nations_alliance_1900.jpg

Edited by Freighttrain4

I was surfing the web just studying random things. Then, something popped into my mind.

How much bigger is an American/NATO Soldier compared to an Iranian or Asian counterpart?

I could probably research more about this but I just want you guys to discuss. I enjoy the discussions!

And remember everyone. Who's ranium is it? Uranium? no it's Iranium

huh? wha

I don't know about other nations but the lenght of male german recruits is stagnating at 180,1 cm since 1999, but weight is still increasing it is 1,5kg more than 14 years ago...all measures in average.

You can forget about measures from 1900. A male measuring in at just 172cm would be considered small today...in 1936 that was average.

Edited by Beagle

A few years ago the National War Meuseum in Australia had an event to comemorate the Australians in the First World War. As part of it they had people dressed in actual uniforms from then. They were quite suprised that they had to get 14 year olds to do it as they were the right size, pretty much everyone else was too large.

There are big guys and small guys in all countries. The same way there is warriors in all countries. Everybody has their tough guys its not like all guys from the US are big and all guys from Iran are small. Each country has tough guys and then not so tough guys.

Edited by Mac
spelling

Not much to discuss here, just facts.

Average height of US male: 1.76m (Can take this as the average for Nato forces)

" " Iranian male: 1.72m