Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Great job french police!

Great job by the Paris police to collar this guy before he could take a shot at Chirac.

You might not like your leaders...but shooting them is never a good way to solve the issue. If it were, Bush and Chretien would likely be full of holes by now biggrin.gif

So, are the french police national (Like the RCMP) or do they have seperate organisations in each area. Too bad Ran isnt around, I believe he's a gendarme, and could answer this for me smile.gif

Interesting. European newspaper on the web (including the French Le Monde) report that the gunman was overpowered by regular bystanders and not the police. I wonder why CNN is putting out another story?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 15 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting. European newspaper on the web (including the French Le Monde) report that the gunman was overpowered by regular bystanders and not the police. I wonder why CNN is putting out another story?<span id='postcolor'>

BBC says police.

this kinda explains why I saw picture of Chirac in a Chinese newspaper. I don't read Chinese, but thought it was wierd that Chirac made headlines.

EDIT: ABC(Austrailian Broadcasting Corporation) has different account. seems like some ppl did push him around before police wrestled him down.

EDIT #2:ABC(American Broadcasting Corporation) says it was crowd.

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ July 15 2002,00wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bush and Chretien would likely be full of holes by now biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno, if pie attacks could kill, Chretien would be dead now smile.gif

chretien_piesequence000816.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ July 15 2002,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 15 2002,00:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Interesting. European newspaper on the web (including the French Le Monde) report that the gunman was overpowered by regular bystanders and not the police. I wonder why CNN is putting out another story?<span id='postcolor'>

BBC says police.

this kinda explains why I saw picture of Chirac in a Chinese newspaper. I don't read Chinese, but thought it was wierd that Chirac made headlines.

EDIT: ABC(Austrailian Broadcasting Corporation) has different account. seems like some ppl did push him around before police wrestled him down.

EDIT #2:ABC(American Broadcasting Corporation) says it was crowd.<span id='postcolor'>

<a href="http://www.lemonde.fr/article/0,5987,3224--284797-,00.html" target="_blank">Le

Mond says bystanders</a>

Dagens Nyheter says bystanders and gives a short interview with one of the people that helped to hold the gunman down.

Reuters, the mother of all news says bystanders.

Trust the french.

.22 hunting Rifle. HE'S NOT A RABBIT! biggrin.gif

Although it could easily have killed him. I've been shot in the head with an Air rifle and thats bad enough.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Although it could easily have killed him. I've been shot in the head with an Air rifle and thats bad enough.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah I shot my brother with one and it made him bleed, it was only a handgun too at maybe 60 yards.

I had to have like a mini operation to have it removed from my skull . I had a local Anesphetic but was not sedated, felt kinda wired haveing someone scraping the bone underneath my scalp, could feel every movement.

The rifle that got me was aimed using the ironsight and was at about 100 yards. Cracking shot for my mates 9 year old brother to pull off! And to think all I did to provoke it was to fire a thistle at him like a dart biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baztard1984 @ July 15 2002,01:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Trust the french.

.22 hunting Rifle. HE'S NOT A RABBIT! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Better than any attempts on the Canadian PM's (Chretien's) life so far. He's had a pie attack and an intruder armed with a plastic knife. A local comic did a very funny skit on the subject. Went something like this:

"He (the intruder) armed, (in true Canadian fashion) with a KFC plastic knife...and I'll hive him credit, I dunno HOW he got the knife out of the wrapper, because I can't do it...makes it past our CRACK RCMP guards, makes it all the way up to the Prime Minister's bedroom....and then....The wife! Closes the door!!....and screws his whole plan!!!" biggrin.gif

lol

what could that neonazi (yes , the responsible of this pathetic attempt to kill our president is in relation with many extreme-right movements and has some curious hobbies) have done with a .22 caliber against a man standing on a vehicle at the speed of 40km/h ? could have lightly injured chirac but then confused.gif? ......

the responsible of it seems to have some little mental defficiancies said the psychiatrist who is in charge of this guy

If they can kill a Deer, they can kill a man, regardless of what speed he's travelling. All you need is one freak shot and you got a government in Turmoil.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ July 15 2002,05:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Strong recollections of The Day of the Jackal.<span id='postcolor'>

The author was on the radio this moring saying how his sublime assasin was nothing like, and I quote; "this nutter".

It wasnt the glorious police, it was civillians who tackled this moron. Anyway, considering distance and speed of Chiracs car he was never at risk.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ July 15 2002,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It wasnt the glorious police, it was civillians who tackled this moron. Anyway, considering distance and speed of Chiracs car he was never at risk.<span id='postcolor'>

Memories of JFK come up confused.gif

Magic Bullets anyone confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 15 2002,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Magic Bullets anyone confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

bullet2.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baztard1984 @ July 15 2002,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If they can kill a Deer, they can kill a man, regardless of what speed he's travelling. All you need is one freak shot and you got a government in Turmoil.<span id='postcolor'>

you can't kill a deer with a .22 LR , except if you aim aand hit  between its eyes (simplificating)

22lr.jpg

hunting.gif

9x53; 8,2x66; 7,62x53; 7,62x51; 7,62x39; 5,6x39; .22LR

the 22LR ammunition is ridiculously sized

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ July 15 2002,11:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 15 2002,11:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Magic Bullets anyone confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

bullet2.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, it is believed that there were 2 shooters, i saw a documentary about it and it really convinced me. The man who got accused of killing jfk probable was innocent. There's no way that he could've fired the killing bullet, perhaps he was one of a group that made the killing plans but he certainly wasn't the killer. Also, the bullet that hit the guy next to the driver may not have been the bullet that killed jfk, anyway, it's a loooong story and it's pretty off topic so i'll just shut the *beeeep* up. biggrin.gif