Sign in to follow this  
Tiglet

Delayed death animations.

Hi guys,

I know this was a big issue in ARMA 2 (especially DayZ), but it still seems the death animations have a delay of 1 second or more. Anyone else experiencing this?

For example, I shoot some guy from close range and he doesn't seem to die. One second later he suddenly drops dead and I'm shot too by the guy even though he wasn't even facing me. It seems to be some case of bad net coding?

It's pretty annoying spraying a whole clip into someone only for him to either not die or drop dead seconds later making me pretty much wasting a whole clip when the first bullet might have killed him.

I think this is a big issue in the game at the moment. This is not a lag / FPS related issue because my ping is always below 50 and FPS > 30 in most cases.

Hi guys,

I know this was a big issue in ARMA 2 (especially DayZ), but it still seems the death animations have a delay of 1 second or more. Anyone else experiencing this?

For example, I shoot some guy from close range and he doesn't seem to die. One second later he suddenly drops dead and I'm shot too by the guy even though he wasn't even facing me. It seems to be some case of bad net coding?

It's pretty annoying spraying a whole clip into someone only for him to either not die or drop dead seconds later making me pretty much wasting a whole clip when the first bullet might have killed him.

I think this is a big issue in the game at the moment. This is not a lag / FPS related issue because my ping is always below 50 and FPS > 30 in most cases.

Ping regardless, it's a symptom of server stress/computer stress. On singleplayer you'll get this if you have a particularly slow PC. On multiplayer this happens when the server is having trouble (especially in DayZ because it was very clumsy netcode wise)

I also noticed that the hit detection can cause trouble in MP. Basically after you fire at someone couple rounds they come up as bulletproof and than there's this death animation delay

I get this too, at a distance, shoot --> blood splat from hit --> half second calc delay it looks like --> ragdoll death animation.

Its like it calls the ragdoll code execution upon death detection and then executes, giving a visual delay. This was present in arma 2 as well. I think its just more noticeable because we are looking at it to see the new animations.

They need finish improve PhysX System, Arma 3 alpha has simply gravity vector; but bullet vector and target vector are not in the formula.

I mean bullet speed , character speed and zone impact should influence how the victim collapses

I get this too, at a distance, shoot --> blood splat from hit --> half second calc delay it looks like --> ragdoll death animation.

Its like it calls the ragdoll code execution upon death detection and then executes, giving a visual delay. This was present in arma 2 as well. I think its just more noticeable because we are looking at it to see the new animations.

It is because of delay.

1st. Your client tells the server you shot the bullet, calculated the bullet to hit the other client.

2nd. Then the server tells the other client that his guy died

3rd. Then the other client sends the information how his body dropped to the server and the server relays the information to everyone else who renders the other client.

If I am wrong, correct me, BI developer.