Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

Operation Flashpoint 1285

Large scale knight's warfare!!!!!!!!

This should be the sequel. Knight's and swords and castles and catapults and dragons. This would be great.

Gorgi :biggrin:

========================================

Come on lad, pull yourself together. You weren't to know.

-Baz

========================================

I don't think so...I wouldn't mind trying that mod coming out for future combat with lasers and stuff though.

That would be a splendid idea smile.gif

Wild west mod would be cool too, if you think of it...to place like Malden and Desert island.

Or a mod set in a StarWars universum, or a new sci-fi universe. Where you can also fly from planet to planet and have ground and space battles. Like a mix of flashpoint and X-wing alliance. Or something like that. I think a bicycle in flashpoint will do for now.

Gorgi

-I can't shake him-

didnt the swedish army have a standard bike confused.gif? u see the in the shops over here (netherlands) ...... their from some scandinavian armed forces just cant remember which

Je hebt gelijk, dat is ook zo...........

Yes, it's true. But I want the bike to give the civilians some recreation. And it must be fun cycling through the woods with a tank behind your @ss.

Gorgi

--------------------

Just remember the game HUNTER on the Amiga. Driving tanks, flying choppers and riding bikes and beat the waves with a surf board and kill some enemy's on the way before you eat the rabbits.

--------------------

Supah, I bet u mean the Finnish Army bike. Old and reliable - no extra gimmicks. A true soldier's bike smile.gif

Guest Scooby

It sometimes felt bad to go around with bikes that have no working lights at night when its so dark that you cant really see how road is going at small roads / paths.

It was surprising that there werent more than few accidents with them.

Most of all I disliked of going with bikes, I much rather moved by foot than with bike.

Atleast bikes run silent and can be easily camouflaged. Though they are only in training use (better walk, ski or go by bike than with APC / truck), not for war time. Though its impossible to say if some bad quality old reserve troops when other transportation vehicles begin to come at its end would get bikes.

once......we were scheduled to have a 50 km bike ride, and nothing more for the day, we all were waiting for that day as we thought it would be a nice eacy day, the easiest under all the time we had been in the army...we thought.

50 is nothing.......but, the morning we we had to go to the 50 km bike ride and we looked out of the windows......snow, and lots of it, a snowstorm outside......the first snow for the year had come and it was already 30 cm deep.

we thought that we might get to go with skiis instead...or walk, anything would have been better than bikes.

but in finnish army you do what has been scheduled...nature cant stop it. so we went to the 50 km bike ride in 30 cm deep snow......of 110 only 50 made it, the rest fell and hurt themselfs or the bikes (and had to continue the next day from where they fell) or got unconsious and fell.....

i barely made it, never had such pain in my legs...cant be described.

bikes and finnish soldiers.......almost as famous as skiis and finnish soldiers.

What about inline skates then? Or a motorbike? It would be cool to have a quad bike also. Oh man, i have so many great ideas. Let's make it a hexen type game. Only than on a large scale. A remake of hexen would be cool. The hypostyle could be in a dense forest or so, and the death wyvern could be flying in a dark cave. COOL. I'm going to sleep tonight and dream about my great idea.

Gorgi smile.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's to many of them!!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, i thought of it the last hour. And it was great. A hexen based game with the OFP-engine. Oh man, do i have great ideas or not. Just imagine the swamps and castles and creatures lurking in the dark woods while magical spells are cast on non-suspecting ettins. Oh, i think i'm gonna cry.... :shocked:

Gorgi

----------

Hexen, beyond flashpoint

----------

..Sorry, I had To give my two cents after reading Petes story of his bike "trip" in the army....

We had a biathlon contest in the army. It included 30 km of skiing after which we shot 10 rounds with our service rifle from 150 meters.

Usually 30 km is nothing but this time...

The time was late spring and that day as usually temp rose above 0 deg. around mid-day. By that time I had skied roughly 10 km with no pain. Slowly snow started to stuck on the bottom of the skies and very soon after that there was no way you could ski... So.. I took my skies on my sholder and started to walk on a ski track.

-By the way did I say I had my rucksack and my rifle on my back...

I walked for 4 to 5 hours until the weather got a little bit colder so you could ski again. It was something like six o'clock pm when I arrived to shooting range. When I was through there and heading for barracks, that were another two km away, one trainer drove by in a snow slead asking would I like a ride to the barracks... I felt like giving him a finger but I just politely declined.

It took me some nine hours to complete that contest and I think I've never before and since been so tired.

You really had a hard time did ya.....

It would be great skiing of a mountain and shooting your way into a village in OFP. Or riding a bike downward a hill and crashing it into a enemy building and a huge explosion of a bike following. Also a disguise would be great just as in Team Fortress Classic. Although OFP is the greatest game ever, some elements should be added to make the game more interesting. Like a bike (it's fun, really) I guess we will see a lot of mods coming out for this game so the game will last for a long, long time.

Hail to the greatest game ever, HAIL HAIL :cheesy:

Gorgi Knootewoot

----------

I want to ride my bicycle, i want to ride my biiiike....

-Freddy Kwik

----------

A GREAT IDEA FOR WARCRAFT! but not operation flash point, this game is suppose to keep on updatin sum how into the next millena(not sure but many people say that), and that would be going the wrong direction using e=MC2 :-)