Sign in to follow this  
kleaver

Cannot memory map file res/addons/o.pbo

Can some please tell me how do change the AGP aperture size?!?!

You press a key when it says to on screen when you boot up your computer, it'll say something like "press F1 to enter bios" it's usually an F key or del or something like that smile.gif

Restart your computer, before it load windows, or you see a windows splash screen press either, F1, F2, F10, or Del. You should see a blue screen with lots-of options. Becarful, of the options you choose, if you do something wrong in BIOS, your going to have to take it to a profesional for repairs. confused.gif

ok when i went into the bios I didnt see a video config. option. Damn i want to get this game fixed so i can play it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Viper626 @ July 24 2002,21:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">video config. option<span id='postcolor'>

Chances are it wouldn't be named as simply as that, mine is something like "extended chipset" or something equally obscure, just make sure to look in all the bios options from head to toe, I've not heard of a mobo that doesn't include a bios with that option smile.gif

ive look at all the options and none let me change the agp size. There is one option that changes it from pci/agp to agp/pci order.

If you have a motherboard book look in there if not, Contact your Motherboards maker, and ask them. Update your BIOS. I could probly help you better if you gave me your motherboards model #

IM getting the same error here. I also saw ( i think on page 2) something about a flashpoint.rpt file and the context.bin i have both. but what gets me is that i can uninstall shutdown and reboot and it will work for probably a good 8 hours of playing and then it wont work again. It will give me the error. My question is should i send the flashpoint.rpt file and the context.bin to someone? If so who would i send it do?

Snardman

Edit: DIddnt realise i pulled this so far outta the hole i found this on a search. sorry

I had the same error (memory-map resistance.pbo) just after a fresh install from 1.00 --> 1.30 --> 1.46 --> resistance 1.75 and using the auto-detect settings.

My config:

Athlon XP 1900+

Asus A7V333 mainboard

512 mb ddr sdram

Hercules Radeon FDX 8500 LE graphics card

Windows 98 se

All with default drivers (as supplied with the hardware)

no other software running exept volume control.

I restarted the pc and had no error anymore (strange), the resistance campaign loaded correctly and the intro started. However, in the 3th scene the computer just freezes, sound stops and only a reset helps - it seems the scene is to 'heavy' for the pc and makes it freeze.

I was able to fix the freezes by changing the ground detail to normal.

-edit- the background cutscene in the mainmenu on the desert island seems to be affected directly when changing ground detail from high to normal (no slightly stuttering image anymore).

Then I tried to start the original campaign, however I got the memory-map errror again. I was able to solve the memory-map error by changing the agp apperture size to 64 mb (was 256 mb)

I had Windows XP Prof installed, and had no problems with freezes or errors about memory-map (same drivers as win98se, no unofficial addons and agp aperture 256 mb). I had a few crashes to desktop that appeared unexpected, but I removed XP because I had other problems with this OS (not-ofp related).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snardman @ Aug. 06 2002,03:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: DIddnt realise i pulled this so far outta the hole i found this on a search. sorry<span id='postcolor'>

Nothing to apologise for, you did the right thing smile.gif

If more forum users followed your lead then we mods would be happier "people" smile.gif

um I just ran that checker thingy it says there are 43 files missing!

I looked manually in the folders all the fileas are where there supposed to be!

I had a Radeon 8500 64M (retail ATI) on an Abit kt7a board and never got this error.

I do however get this error on my new Radeon 9700 on my Tyan 2466N-4m board. Setting the aperture size to 64M solved my problem too.

At any rate, relief may be in sight. I have gotten a personal confirmation that an ATI driver technician will be looking into the problems with OFP. I don't believe it'll be in the next driver release as those drivers are already in QA freeze, but hopefully in the next version after that.

I don't fault ATI for this problem, once the later driver releases starting coming out, my 8500 was great. My 9700 is pretty good too, but as usual, flashpoint doesn't like it. Err I should say Resistance.. 1.46 of 1985 ran like a CHAMP. I'm sure it's something in Resistance that's not allocating video memory properly, but I'm sure that others will disagree and blame the ATI card. That's fine too. Keep this in mind though. When I pulled my 8500 and put my 9700 in, the ONLY game I had any problems running was Resistance. I routinely play about 8 or 9 different games, and I cycle old ones out for new ones all the time.

It's pretty sad when I can run new games like Mafia at 1600x1200@85hz, 32b color, 6x AA and 16x AF at smooth rates, but something like OFP pukes all over itself.

I found that removing a specific addon actually let me run FP Res without the memory map error. I am using a Geforce2mx card as well.

I'm having this problem now aswell. can't seem to find to logic in it yet

ok this happend to me once before, long time ago but can't remember how I fixed it.

a month ago or so I installed the tonal island or whatever it's called from BAS. thats when the problem occured for me again. I removed the O.pbo file and replaced it with the one from the CD even though I had v1.96. I'm guessing that leaves me with some sort of mix between versions perhaps?

anyways so it worked fine then.  happy happy..

today I just downloaded the BAS rangers 1.5 and 1.5-1.55  and now I have the same problem, only now I can't solve it.  I copied the o.pbo from the cd and even tried with the config.bin

same problem  "can't memory map 0.pbo"    what to do?

can't see how it could be a hardware problem since it worked fine before the bas files.  (also removed the bas files but still odesn't work, perhaps their update program messed it up, thats what happend with the tonal map I think. they have an update program that makes you choose where the pbo files are and then they change the files)

SUMMERY:

Problem: get error message "can't memory map O.pbo"

possible trigger: BAS update program

my system: 2.4 ghz  512ram    gef4 128mb   win XP

earlier problems: same problem twice before but was able to solve it by replacing my O.pbo by copying directly from the cd.

Use the -nomap command, if you're not sure how to use it search for nomap, you'll find plenty of threads smile_o.gif

Use the -nomap command, if you're not sure how to use it search for nomap, you'll find plenty of threads smile_o.gif

:/ didn't help. the same problem occurs. I didn't notice any differance at all.

by the -nomap I'm guessing you mean creating a shortcut and adding the line -nomap after blablabla.exe

any other ideas?

Quote[/b] ]any other ideas?

Sometimes defragmenting may help. There are a few more tips to try in Troubleshooting FAQ. Did you already check them?