Sign in to follow this  
code34

War in Takistan 1.6 - Official thread (WIT)

Roger that. Will test latest version tonight with my group.

Should have a report by Monday.

Update:

Ran newest version with multiple people on a non-dedicated server for hours tonight with no problems.

I had many people switching back and forth from west to civil throughout the game, everything worked great!

Edited by Bloodofthedragon

ok, great news. Have to see if i can apply to others versions

can u confirm it s ok after a while ? :)

Yes can confirm!

So far we have played 8 to 10 games, switching from west to civil and back still works perfect.

Have not had a chance to test on dedicated server yet, will test later this week.

The only thing we noticed that seemed off was civil player detection goes up if west is in area.

Example: Mission was to steal M1A1 from NE oilfield.

One player went in as civil, another player(not part of civil players group) went in with A10 from base.

When A10 pilot began engaging enemy civil players detection went up to 98% (player was not near dog, had just teleported in to MHQ) and he was quickly shot.

Is this a feature of the mission or is it bug?

Yes can confirm!

So far we have played 8 to 10 games, switching from west to civil and back still works perfect.

Have not had a chance to test on dedicated server yet, will test later this week.

The only thing we noticed that seemed off was civil player detection goes up if west is in area.

Example: Mission was to steal M1A1 from NE oilfield.

One player went in as civil, another player(not part of civil players group) went in with A10 from base.

When A10 pilot began engaging enemy civil players detection went up to 98% (player was not near dog, had just teleported in to MHQ) and he was quickly shot.

Is this a feature of the mission or is it bug?

there is so many use case that this feature can not be fully tested. Normaly, civil can be detected only when they are near of enemy group, at this momemt, a warm message happens in a box at top right of screen.

Understood.

I will inform the men to be more cautious.

Is not a problem, we were just unsure how the mechanic worked exactly.

Again, thank you very much for all your hard work on this mission!

Hi Code34.

Some time ago I made a port of WIT 1.40 BAF version to Tora Bora with your advice and Noricum's help.

This time I want to ask you authorize me to make a port to CWR2 Everon and, if possible, please tell me what files should I edit to add CWR2 content.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Code34.

Some time ago I made a port of WIT 1.40 BAF version to Tora Bora with your advice and Noricum's help.

This time I want to ask you authorize me to make a port to CWR2 Everon and, if possible, please tell me what files should I edit to add CWR2 content.

Thanks a lot.

yes no problem, just begin by edit the init file ;) at top of the root, and also client and server root.

You mean WC_fnc_commoninitconfig, WC_fnc_clientinitconfig and WC_fnc_serverinitconfig?

Hi Code34, I´m working on my CWR2 port and I got a lot of script error messages, probably because some side definition problem.

At the begining I got one related with this part of Init.sqf:

for "_i" from 0 to (count paramsArray - 1) do {
	call compile format["%1=%2;", configName ((missionConfigFile >> "Params") select _i), paramsArray select _i];
	sleep 0.01;
};

Any idea on how to fix it?

Hi, i dont support mod of the wit cause i already don't have the time to support the official version ;(

but you should check if you use mission parameters (description.ext) exactly the same of the official version if not you certainly have a lof of problems with other global variables.

mission parameters variables are broadcast on each clients & servers.

Edited by code34

Hello Code34,

We have been playing a lot of your mission lately, no problems to report. So much fun!

Any chance of this mission on Celle2, Fallujah or CLAfghan?

How difficult is it to convert this mission to different islands/maps?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Bloodofthedragon

Hello Code34,

We have been playing a lot of your mission lately, no problems to report. So much fun!

Any chance of this mission on Celle2, Fallujah or CLAfghan?

How difficult is it to convert this mission to different islands/maps?

Thanks in advance!

hi,

i have to take time to finish last island :)

The conversion require to move marker, flag, objects at good place on new maps (doesn't require to do some code modification).

For better game experience, the map requires to be tall with preferences few villages and a friendly base/airport. Clafghan is not good cause there is not enough villages, base etc but it works with it.

Edited by code34

so it's final, done and i can start porting again? I wanna change it all again, matching units for each island and stuff.. I'll derive it from the main takistan version.. Or are you still fixing things?

so it's final, done and i can start porting again? I wanna change it all again, matching units for each island and stuff.. I'll derive it from the main takistan version.. Or are you still fixing things?

it s final release :D

Hi guys,

I dont want to bother Code34, because I'm working on a WIT version with CWR2 content.

For that reason, I ask anyone who can help me:

Almost all actions are available and working, but for some reason missions are not created.

The array of the types of buildings and houses is complete with CWR2 mod content.

Any idea why it does not work?

haven#t looked into the latest one, but it sounds like you messed something up in the mission loop. Maybe you forgot a ; or sth. like that

Hello Code34,

I ran into a bug.

On mission "Rescue an officer" on Celle2 I rescued the officer but the mission did not seem to register the task as complete. I did not get a "Leave the zone" notice and no new missions came up.

Seems like a trigger is not firing correctly?

I had removed the officer and all friendlies from the zone but still, no joy.

Thanks in advance.