Sign in to follow this  
mr_hanky

I'm new and I'm lost / Some help for those new to the fold?

Red also indicates no mods.

That means you are not allowed any mods or unless they are the same as the server.

Red also indicates no mods.

That means you are not allowed any mods or unless they are the same as the server.

OK, that makes more sense, since my game is up-to-date, and I don't see any difference in version requirements. Thanks.

Will my mods be disabled automatically, or is that something I have to do manually, if I want to try a game on those servers? Right now, I'm seeing almost none which are green for me.

Hi guys, can someone explain this to me. Alot of times when i check the inventory of a truck or quad etc and I find for example a Primary weapon, its impossible for me to take it even though I do not even have a primary, but at the same time I am able to extract all other things that are found but the weapon no. I tried to right click nothing happens, double click, nothing happens. I know how to take stuff from the inventory to mine as I do it all the time, but with weapons sometimes it work, many other times it doesnt. Anyone have any idea why?

I never played any ArmA game because I never had a good enough computer. But now I do, but to be honest I have no idea how to play this game. I did the infantry show case and I understand the basic controls, however; how do I get into real battles? I tried the multiplayer servers with 40 people, but all the vehicles are laggy and I everyone is complaining about lag. Multilayer seems utterly broken.

So if someone could please help me out, I want to play matches and have realistic firefights but I'm lost in the interface. What is worse is that there is no tutorial to help new players (the field manual is very helpful thu). Also how do I check my fps? What settings should I run the game?

I have:

Processor: Intel® Core i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 670

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1189&SUBSYS_84141043&REV_A1

Display Memory: 3751 MB

Dedicated Memory: 4036 MB

Shared Memory: 3810 MB

Sorry if that is confusing I have been out of gaming for a while.

---------- Post added at 03:20 ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 ----------

I probably posted this in the wrong place...

Hi, First of all - Overclock you CPU and turn off HT in the bios. I do have i7 2600k with 670 gtx and when running stock = 3.4GHZ I do have fps slowdowns, when overclocking to 4.6ghz my fps almost doubled;

then join our clan server with domination MP scenario and will tell u what to do, Also our server runs low AIs skill for beginners, Server name starts: pawel arma , regards, pawel

hi all !

first thing sorry for my english , i'm french :)

thanks for your work i love ARMA3 it's what i'm looking for ;)

the game run great on my computer , no problem but as i said i'm french and my english is bad so i don't understand what i have to do in this game , and my keyboard is "AZERTY" so it's very difficult

so i have a question do you think you will do a french version before the final released ?

thanks again and sorry for my bad english and if someone have already post this question :)

I think I understand what you are really asking. In addition to the fine settings tutorial below, What you need to do is go to:

Open the game/main menu

Options

Controls

Review each menu from the drop down (Common, View, Weapons, Infantry Movement Etc.). This will identify which button on the keyboard or mouse do what.

You can also play with a controller, if you prefer. Simply go into the given command and physically depress the button on the controller that you want to function as the given action (for instance: Drop down, infantry movement, find crouch (there is also a toggle crouch, which may be preferred as it does two things with one button), then double click on it and press B (or whatever you like) on the controller and click OK (lower left). B will now toggle your crouch. You will have to do this with everything you hope to do with the controller and then use the keyboard for the rest (obviously, it behooves you to put the most common items on the controller). As of today, despite the .58 release, the pre-sets as not functional. Therefore, you will have to either accept the limited functionality of the current preset, or disable the controller with scheme and choose (when it move to the upper portion of the screen) Customizable Controller and follow the above instructions. Unfortunately, the right trigger will not bind to any command, despite working just fine in the preset. I highly recommend getting a mini keyboard and mouse combo (e-bay, Amazon whatever) if you do go with the controller. $40 or less and it MUST be BACKLIT (the keys).

FYI, some people fear deeply that using controllers will have BIS chasing the dollars, going console, and dumbing down the game. It's not happening as the market is flooded with "play tag with guns" games for kids and they would lose their very special place in this niche growing wildly market. You also can't MOD (the heart of the game) on console, and like you, I bought a gaming computer specifically to play this game.

Other quick points: Bluefor (your team AKA the good guys) are surrounded by a white hexagon. I'm sure the Red outline the bad guys, Although I haven't played on recruit since ARMA2. When view the map, known/previously sight bad guys are red, good guys in blue, unknowns in yellow. Save your game once you have your loadout, so you don't have to go through the initial gear selection every time you die. It took me almost as money and time to shoot the real things in real life, but they are both worth it. Enjoy and welcome!

Morphicon/Peter Games is doing a French localization, but that may not appear until the full release.

Maybe this has been answered elsewhere, but it's a very small matter which has been bugging me for some time. When I'm driving a vehicle or a boat, I'll often see a horn listed at the top right of the screen. Sometimes, smoke is available, too. But how do I use them?

True, I don't have any need to blow the horn - or even to lay smoke. But I've looked through the controls and I simply can't find how to do that. I suppose it's something simple, huh? But can someone let me know, so I can scratch this itch? :)

Bill

Horn doesn't work yet. So far, we used it by pressing the fire key. 'R' for smoke, also not working yet.

Horn doesn't work yet. So far, we used it by pressing the fire key. 'R' for smoke, also not working yet.

OK, thanks, Ceh.

The key for laying smoke screen is G. For the speedboats, you have to be the driver to deploy smokes - same with the Ifrit. The Ka-60s flares are deployed the same way.

This one's a pre-emptive one for anyone wondering about the Sniper Package:

Here are the relevant classnames for the Sniper Package content (the BLUFOR and OPFOR Snipers and Spotters, the sniper rifles, the new scope, the magazines, the Rangefinder and the ghillie suit), you can use the Weapons, Magazines, Optic and Uniform classnames for adding their contents to ammo boxes. :)

Also, disregard any information about 6.5 mm TRGs, they (TRG-20, TRG-21, TRG-21/EGLM) all use 5.56 x 45 mm magazines now.