Sign in to follow this  
Frankdatank1218

AI in HMG vehicles too accurate against helis.

If my helicopter was getting hit easily, that would make sense and not bother me. However, HMg Hunters and Ifrits seem to snipe me out of the cockpit with easy when I am moving at considerable range and moderate speed. That' overly accurate. I even lowered the AI skill level for enemies to 55, but it persisted. It's probably an Alpha issue but I feel I should bring it up anyway.

P.S. Infantry Machinegunner slao have this issue to a lesser degree.

Getting shot out of the cockpit in arma 2 was a very common thing just try to not fly straight at it while it's shooting at you.

AI have always been too good at anti-air. They are no more accurate than against infantry, which is a problem, because human players usually misjudge the necessary range and lead by a considerable amount.

I found infantry and vehicles had terrible accuracy (on Regular). Try and use the trees and terrain to your advantage if you aren't doing so already - don't give them time to get a bead on you to begin with. If you are an armed/attack heli, you should really think about eliminating or suppressing the fire source - that's what they were made for! Maybe you are too close to the source of the fire? If you are, stay as far back as possible within range of your weapons and use zoom optics.

Edited by MissionCreep

In my opinion they are good enough. I've been flying AH6 and didn't have any problems with AI.

It's meant to be that way, the AH9/LB isn't there to be a front-running, strafing machine. Gain a lot of ALT, then pick them off, since I think there's a limit on MG vertical tilt angle.

Either way, you don't want to be on the level plane/elev with them.

Like I said it would be reasonable if they were hitting the Heli easily and damaging the components. But come on, they are hitting ME, THE PILOT within 5 shots!

Like I said it would be reasonable if they were hitting the Heli easily and damaging the components. But come on, they are hitting ME, THE PILOT within 5 shots!

Who's to blame if you take up close to 50% of the frontal profile of the MH9/AH9? I assume we're taking about the Littlebird; the KA-60 is better armoured in this regard.

If my helicopter was getting hit easily, that would make sense and not bother me. However, HMg Hunters and Ifrits seem to snipe me out of the cockpit with easy when I am moving at considerable range and moderate speed. That' overly accurate. I even lowered the AI skill level for enemies to 55, but it persisted. It's probably an Alpha issue but I feel I should bring it up anyway.

P.S. Infantry Machinegunner slao have this issue to a lesser degree.

Heli in trouble vs player HMG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs6_lI0rBVw

100% PvP. Google ArmaWargames if anyone wondered.

If you think that's what I'm doing, no wonder you're dismissing my complaint, I'm talking flying at 700 meters at over 120km/hr at horizontal ranges of 500 meters, , or I'm going so fast and low AND dodging around hills and trees so much they can only see me for about one second. You're acting like I'm hovering towards them head on 100 feet off the ground in a straight line. Trust me, the shot's they are making are ridiculous, you definitely can't compare what I'm doing to what the littlebird was doing in the A2 OA vid posted in this thread.