Sign in to follow this  
kremator

Crashing ..... post helpful ideas here please

SOLVED: I downloaded the latest Nvidia BETA 314.14 and it works perfectly!

OK, firstly for the time that I can get Arma3 to run IT IS AWESOME. My problem is that after about 2 minutes to 5 minutes the game crashes (screen freezes, no game sound, eventual reboot required)

If the community would be so kind to post things they have tried (and made the alpha stable) I think that would benefit everyone.

Things I have tried

1) Validate the files

2) Reinstall DirectX

3) Put everything back to default settings

As there is no Troubleshooting area I hope posting this here will help everyone.

Cheers

Kremator

Edited by Kremator
SOLVED

As there is no Troubleshooting area I hope posting this here will help everyone.

Umm say what now? ;) It's been there since yesterday :)

Sorry Placebo ... it's my advancing years! Thanks ... lets hope people can help out!

Not a problem! And hopefully someone will have some tips :)

I have random crashes to desktop too with ARMA3 has stopped responding, but the game runs really nicely otherwise. It seems more common in multiplayer but it did the same on infantry showcase today too. hard to diagnose since it's completely random as far as I can tell. I know it's in alpha but was hoping there'd be some workaround like lowering graphics settings but I haven't found anything that works yet.

My system is a i5 3750k @ 4.4GHz, GTX570, 8GB DDR3 @ 1600 and game is running from Samsung 830SSD. Most other games seem very stable so I don't think it's my rig.

Well guys, i do have the same problem, freeze,then only way to get out is via task manager! Before i started playing today i used the auto repair funktion that steam has, didnt realy think it would helpbut i have to say: Ive had a stable connection all day.

If it wasnt the repair that helped then i guess it was the map i played, maybe some maps are just buggy for some ppl??????

Whatever it was it worked, ill update here next time i get on a server if its really working or if i was just lucky!

SOLVED ... I downloaded the latest Nvidia BETA 314.14 and IT WORKS PERFECTLY. In fact I am running at ULTRA at 3800m range. Lovely!

With solutions posted, will moderators collate these and maybe sticky a possible solutions thread?

I get random crashes more on the Wasteland 404 servers, I get a crash EVERY-TIME I try to load the game with play With Six (I'm going to post on that thread too) The crashes seem random but most of the time I am driving something or in my inventory... Making the game unplayible too... I could just cry and Its done it with lower pop servers but not as much... I am running a AMD FX-8350 4GHz (4.2 Turbo) 8x Core, AMD XFX HD R7870 2GB GHz edition Black Edition Video card, 32 GB 1866 memory, and SSD for c: and 600 with Windows 8 Pro x64

I run a AMD vid card and I tried both the beta and the regular drivers still bubcuss... I am getting so mad... Anybody know where the crash reports go?

(Sorry but there are so many of these posts about the crashing that I copied and pasted my response to I can get alert for all of them to see if anybody found a solution)

Try playing only in the editor first. Walk, run, shoot, drive and fly around. If the game is stable there then the problem is with connection.

Also keep in mind that this is an alpha and there will be bugs. You are helping to test and find those bugs to make this game amazing in every way. Don't get mad, get 'feed-backingTM'.

Marking as solved, see opening post for the solution.