Sign in to follow this  
BradPhusion

Stratis Opinions, PC Specs & Editor Curiosity?

Okay, I'll keep this simple as it's my first post.

Firstly, I must ask, what does everyone think about Stratis? I honestly, don't really know how to feel about it. I mean, it's good and all, but it just feels, I guess, 'empty' compared to Chernaurs and other ARMA II maps. Personally, I loved Taviana the most. Open, yet there was always something interesting to see. Towns and cities everywhere. Yet when I fly around in Stratis, I don't really get that same feeling. One big airport, a few towns here and there, but mostly just mountains and dirt roads. Not saying I dislike it though, I just hope other maps will be a little more awesome.

Secondly, PC Specs. Now, I'm not saying my PC is anything near amazing, but I would have thought it might have been able to handle ARMA III on nearly the highest settings, yet I find myself resorting to medium or lower for smoother gameplay. Is this because of it being alpha and lack of optimization at this point, or is there something wrong with my pc / is it not good enough?

My specs are as followed:

Intel Core i7 3770 QuadCore @ 3.4GHz

16GB RAM

3GB AMD Radeon 7950

If any other details are needed, I'll most likely edit.

Last but not least, the editor. Just one quick question about it; are we limited to what we can spawn in the editor? Or are these things going to be implemented later? (Or am I just silly and missing something here?). I'm referring to such things as the submarine (or other underwater equipment / vehicles), and jets/planes? As of right now, I find myself only able to spawn one vehicle from either faction, and one or two helicopters from either.

Anyways, thanks all. Hopefully I'll see you on the battlefield :D Or on the beaches, I love beaches.

I'm getting horrible framerate and I have a beast computer. it better be lack of optimization

Firstly, I must ask, what does everyone think about Stratis?

-its a decent small island nothing fancy think of it as the utes of arma 2

'empty' compared to Chernaurs

-Yeah, so is utes...ever play an arma game before? Big island and small island on release.

Is this because of it being alpha and lack of optimization at this point,

-Well, look at arma games of the past and you'll find what arma usually needs to run well. Also, yeah its alpha its not polished.

are we limited to what we can spawn in the editor?

-Yup, what do you expect? Them to give us the full shebang right off the bat? Of course its limited.

Back in the day with the original OFP editor I spent several months making a living breathing scripted mission which just added default traffic and non combatants into the map, breathed life into the beautiful scenery and it all came alive, all these large open space sand box games lack a little depth of soul for this reason.

I really like the visuals of A3 so far, runs ok on my modest antique on auto detect settings.

Not a big fan of Stratis since there's no decent sized urban areas on it, but it's not terrible. I'm super excited for Altis though :)

Stratis isn't the main island, it's like Utes in ArmA 2 which is also small and empty.

Not a big fan of Stratis since there's no decent sized urban areas on it, but it's not terrible. I'm super excited for Altis though :)

Yeah, this was how I felt too. I don't dislike it, but it does still feel rather empty, and I think also because I only really had a look at it from flying over it, my opinion was rather bias as the time. After spending time on the ground doing recon work, I've gotten to like how it looks from down here.

Guys, I understand Stratis isn't a main island or anything. I was simply asking for your opinions of it. With that said, I've never actually played Utes, which maybe why this map feels so small to me. Can't wait for Atlis though.